General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I thought so, too. I hope somebody's checking his temperature and sitting on him if he mentions quads. I know, I know, he's an adult and can take care of himself and all that and so forth but take his temperature and sit on him if he has a fever, dammit!

We will ALL send lots of karmic lemon and honey.  Which I'm sure he will appreciate even if there's nothing even slightly coldish about him...

15 hours ago, lazuliblade said:

I came across this and needed to share it:

https://twitter.com/yuzuspiration/status/1012899126898581504

Dg6JhwDW4AAhE2M.jpg:large

He's so low to the ice that he could basically kiss it in that position.

He's a pencil with petals for a spine and titanium for muscles. :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

(edit: I'm not sure how to have the tweet show a preview... the caption really makes the tweet, but I at least figured out how to put the picture here...)

He really looks like a fish, so it looks like he's eating invisible fish food

:peekapooh:

Out of curiosity, I googled "hydroblade" and wow, some people can do some really low ones too:

It makes me wonder who do so few skaters put it in a program? It can't be such a difficult feat if a non elite skater can do it. I remember Jason do it, but it was much shorter than Yuzu's. Can anyone remember any recent skater doing a hydroblade in a competitive program too? 

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Out of curiosity, I googled "hydroblade" and wow, some people can do some really low ones too:

It makes me wonder who do so few skaters put it in a program? It can't be such a difficult feat if a non elite skater can do it. I remember Jason do it, but it was much shorter than Yuzu's. Can anyone remember any recent skater doing a hydroblade in a competitive program too? 

Boyang have it last season in his LP. It is quite low but he held it in shorter time than Yuzu.

My guess why people don't use it much often is because it needs some power and skill yet it is not really rewarded in points. And they might not want to be accused as copycat(?)

4 hours ago, ruruzest said:

Yuzu is the man of his words. In Continues with Wings he said “ Next time you see me, I’ll jump . “  which he did in the ice show. After Olympic he also said he would skate for himself and try new things... ( not word by word ) and we have the super low Hydroblade and the pick-up-ice-chips-and throw-them-in -the -air move!  I can’t wait to see his creativity  , technique and artistry development in the future . :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

I'm surprised at how few people here have picked up on Yuzu's earlier declaration that he would skate what he wants and explore possibilities.  I interpreted it as that he will form his programs with an eye on the aesthetics and such and let the scoring take care of itself.  He has declared that he wants a 4A and that seems to be his most overt objective right now.  But I get the feeling that with his earlier remarks about freeing himself from routine programs that he has become a man on a mission, someone bent on showing the figure skating establishment and the rest of the world just what figure skating in its totality can deliver.  I hope he succeeds and if he does what everyone is expecting as the norm come Beijing might not be what they are foreseeing right now.  If anybody can revolutionize the very basic approaches to figure-skating that prevail right now it would be Yuzu.  He has the temperament, the skill, the creativity and the determination to accomplish that task.

22 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

Can we start another discussion on HYK? I see some changes already and my excitement has just gone on another level. :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

I got chills during the hydroblade...

I'M NOT CRYING, I JUST GOT A HANYU IN MY EYE

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I interpreted it as that he will form his programs with an eye on the aesthetics and such and let the scoring take care of itself.

Although Yuzu say it, I do not really think he would go that far to state his ideals. Scoring is still important for him, otherwise he could just retire and goes as aesthetics as he like in ice shows.

With him saying that, I think he will do things differently than what he did before. Like moving his jumps distribution, not so strict in his spin levels but try new variation instead, etc. All things necessary to enable him to score high points without squeezing and choking the program to give highest points possible. And the new backloading rules "helps" him in that way.

I am more interested in which music will he choose to state his aesthetic and style. Will he go more daring and finally choose J-Pop? Will he pick a warhorse? Will he skate to a tango? These all so interesting for me. :dancingpooh:

1 hour ago, vanadiezz said:

Although Yuzu say it, I do not really think he would go that far to state his ideals. Scoring is still important for him, otherwise he could just retire and goes as aesthetics as he like in ice shows.

With him saying that, I think he will do things differently than what he did before. Like moving his jumps distribution, not so strict in his spin levels but try new variation instead, etc. All things necessary to enable him to score high points without squeezing and choking the program to give highest points possible. And the new backloading rules "helps" him in that way.

I am more interested in which music will he choose to state his aesthetic and style. Will he go more daring and finally choose J-Pop? Will he pick a warhorse? Will he skate to a tango? These all so interesting for me.

I agree with you that scoring is important to Yuzu, as he is still a competitor.  What I was trying to say was that Yuzu might be developing strategies in his programs that are as intent on showing what skating can do and still get the points to win.  The new rules going into effect, in my thinking, actually should give Yuzu distinct advantages, considering the strictures against backloading and the shortening of the FS.  I just think that Yuzu will be more willing to depend on getting his points through GOE and PCS rather than base value.  His base value will be high enough to be competitive but not so high as to make it more difficult to skate a better than clean program.  I guess we''ll just have to wait and see what he debuts this coming season.  

17 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

i just got off a plane and haven’t had time to go through the faoi threads BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW HE CALLED HIM YU-CHAN :softYuzu:

Sounds Yu chan but he's saying Yuzu chan i think. NB he clearly adores Yuzu :68468287:

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

In the end he says Yu-chan arigatou (or is my hearing also not good? hahaha)..

Ummm...I've repeated again and again and Shinya's pronouciation at that point is not very clear and very short sound almost like Yuz instead of Yuzu to me. And the question still remains, why 'chan' not 'kun'? I've heard very old ones call everyone with 'chan' but Shinya is not that old so that leaves me with what kind of interaction these two have?? Interesting:D

21 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Ummm...I've repeated again and again and Shinya's pronouciation at that point is not very clear and very short sound almost like Yuz instead of Yuzu to me. And the question still remains, why 'chan' not 'kun'? I've heard very old ones call everyone with 'chan' but Shinya is not that old so that leaves me with what kind of interaction these two have?? Interesting:D

Maybe it's an inside joke :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: