General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, Fay said:

Come on, a junior beating a two-time Olympic Champion is just a joke. 

And the crazy thing is the focus is again on his following rather than his accomplishments (title says "rock star status" rather than "TWO-TIME OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST").  It's kind of frustrating how the media is latching onto this fascination with his supporters (which took up a good portion of the blurb) rather than the skater himself.  :scratch3:

6 minutes ago, Yuzuspiration said:

Rooting for 4A for Yuzu...someone reassure me he'll recover in time 

There is really no rush. Yes, it's history to jump the 4A first but really in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter all that much.
As long as Zu is healthy and can incorporate the jump as he usually does in his programs, and as long as it is somewhat stable, and not a once in a blue moon thing, it's fine. 

3 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

And the crazy thing is the focus is again on his following rather than his accomplishments (title says "rock star status" rather than "TWO-TIME OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST").  It's kind of frustrating how the media is latching onto this fascination with his supporters (which took up a good portion of the blurb) rather than the skater himself.  :scratch3:

THIS. Rather than 3rd place, this is what annoyed me the most - like, I can't argue with what articles people click on, they'll be interested in whatever they're interested. But the way that blurb was written, mentioning his achievements and many broken world records in between all those other things, that's annoying. 

Then again, the article itself is clickbait, so I don't know why bother.

17 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

There is really no rush. Yes, it's history to jump the 4A first but really in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter all that much.
As long as Zu is healthy and can incorporate the jump as he usually does in his programs, and as long as it is somewhat stable, and not a once in a blue moon thing, it's fine. 

People tend to remember the skater that performed it best (Mr Triple Axel) rather than the first to scramble through it in competition 

Wow, it's good to see a really good attempt at 4A by Keegan. Obviously he had a lot of assistance and he probably couldn't control the jump without it (at least it looked like that to me), but I never seen such a good attempt before. I saw article some time ago about him trying for it and was wondering how soon we will see something like that. Seriously, I want him to succeed, this is so exciting :D I really don't care who does it first, I just hope Yuzu will do it when it's safe for him, and not before, just because someone else is trying.

And honestly, I really like Keegan Messing and his 3A, this will be cool if he lands the quad!

18 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

@Fay mentioned how Meryl and Charlie and Tessa and Scott haven't been mentioned yet. So they could be the top 2 (pretty anti-climatic IMO) but whatevs.  Gotta promote the home team after all...

They were mentioned at no. 6 though, including in related article...but ofc that could've just been the appetizer... : p

some things that happened to me on my quest to find the video where Max compares Yuzu's jumps to ski jumping with a tray:

add Yuruzu to the list of botched names (thanks SkySport ITA):2:

kinda pissed that Sky talked a lot more about Nathan's OWG FS than Yuzuru's victory but oh well, no Max and Angelo to keep the focus of the very important stuff :knc_brian3:

also, rewatching 2nd half of OWG RJ2 and gosh, it was really good? Yuzuru got miles better in his movements but those arms moved so softly already wow, I need to rewatch it :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Pissed with Rai commies mentioning Yuzu WD from Milan Worlds as if he was taking a break...I mean wtf ladies, where do you get your info? He wasn't on a freaking vacation because of post-OWG stress, and why you mention some 'problem' he got before OWG without calling it for what it was, an injury he was still nursing when he won OWG? And the reason why he WD? And they were sooooo waiting to scream WR before Nathan's score came up :gaah: also saying Yuzu started with the quads but Nathan continued...Boyang erasure AGAIN :sigh: (well, also Patrick, Kevin and Javi erasure, but if we talk about who pushed boundaries in hte last quad, it should be Yuzu, BOYANG and Nathan)

btw @wingman here's the video about ski jumping comparison with a tray of pastries

I think Max also compared with skijumper with a tray of glasses once but I can't remember where LOL

a (longish) summary for those who don't speak italian:

a bit of a talk about the Grand Slam and both S/M and Yuzu winning GPF, OWG and WC gold in one season (but missing one title for the grand Slam:tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:), a bit of history (mention of how the sport has changed, how it's difficult to say who's the greatest between Aljona and Sonja Henie because different athleticism required, different level of competition and so on), then off talking about jr girls starting doing intricate element following Yuzu's path of quality and complete package because people who skate can recognize an athlete's greatness :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5: and these are the athletes we will remeber, in 100 years he'll be a legend of FS :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

again how it's difficult to compare between different eras when a sport evolves and has such a long history, so not only the titles matter (to say this or that athelte is great/greater than others) and we still  haven't seen the real impact of Yuzuru, we'll see it in the next quad with the jr ladies who wants to 'emulate' Hanyu in how they enter and exit jumps, like Hanyu who tried to make a jump more than the mere rotations in the air.

Here's when Max compares Yuzu's jumps with all his entries and exits to ski jumping (from around 4.40):

'it's as if someone reached the 200 m (I guess that's a lot for ski jumping) holding a tray of pastries, compared with those who do the same but without holding anything' (I guess without dropping them LOL) :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

they mention he's been followed by other athletes in this approach, also among men

(I add: Shoma with his 3A and 4T, for example. In some other videos Max&Angelo mention this, so I'm adding this bit for anyone who may think they have something against Shoma. They don't. They praise some things, they criticize others. Heck, they have even ranked him as the best re: use of upper body, tho I disagree about this LOL I have a thing for Yuzuru's boneless arm movements:tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:)

34 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Heck, they have even ranked him as the best re: use of upper body, tho I disagree about this LOL I have a thing for Yuzuru's boneless arm movements:tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:)

Shoma is really good on it, although I guess music choice and his intensity also build the whole effect. Meanwhile Yuzu tends to go for flowing, natural style.

Still, although I quite enjoy several other skaters (Shoma, Javi, Boyang, Kolyada), I only abuse my replay button on Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: