General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

We still haven't heard an official source from CHN fed about Boyang though. Is it long-term and official?

Boyang should be an official long term. China Fed (possibly) wants to have power play with ISU over the China judges case, but they hardly want to sacrifice their best chance to medal at 2022. Sending him to Borser is a good move.

Some 'competitions' at practice will not hurt Yuzu too, it will just thrive him more. They are also seems quite close(?) unlike Yuzu with... Nathan, for example. 

3 hours ago, dodobirdo said:

- About Zhenya moving to TCC: She's an amazingly hard worker. For Yuzu, that's a good thing. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Thanks for the translation.  I am a Japanese and English is my second language.  To clarify the last part of the article, the question asked to BO was about new skaters (plural) such as (PC) Olympic silver medalist Zhenya of Russia joining the team to train under him.  To this inquiry BO responded that they are hard working athletes with great personalities.  He said "It's good for Yuzu too.  I am very much looking forward to it."

Above is my somewhat word by word translation.

Perhaps these new skaters include Boyang and Jason Brown.

14 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Thanks for the translation.  I am a Japanese and English is my second language.  To clarify the last part of the article, the question asked to BO was about new skaters (plural) such as (PC) Olympic silver medalist Zhenya of Russia joining the team to train under him.  To this inquiry BO responded that they are hard working athletes with great personalities.  He said "It's good for Yuzu too.  I am very much looking forward to it."

Above is my somewhat word by word translation.

Perhaps these new skaters include Boyang and Jason Brown.

Thank you for the clarification!! 

:thanks:

Very OT but...

Obon, which is an important Japanese custom, is starting in the Japanese -American communities (at least here in California, other places -Brazil, etc- may start later. In Japan it’s usually August). If any satellites are interested in some Japanese culture perhaps you can attend  an Obon in your area, if available; all are welcomed. I would bet Yuzu went to some Obon (that’s my tie in to this chat); you can sort of experience a little bit of Japan.

Admins, if this is not the proper forum, feel free to move this comment. 

:snpeace:

Saw this on GS thread and found it hilarious since our beloved alien did not make it to any list due to the curse of 4CC. :embSwan:

GRAND SLAM: winning Worlds + Euros/4CC + GPF within a single season

CAREER GRAND SLAM: winning Worlds + Euros/4CC + GPF during the course of one's career

GOLDEN (GRAND) SLAM: winning Olympics + Worlds + Euros/4CC + GPF within a single season

CAREER GOLDEN (GRAND) SLAM: winning Olympics + Worlds + Euros/4CC + GPF during the course of one's career

CAREER SUPER GRAND SLAM (aka SUPER SLAM):* winning Jr Worlds + JGPF + Worlds + Euros/4CC + GPF + Olys during the course of one's career

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(figure_skating)

1 minute ago, wingman said:

Ohhh - the super slam is during the course of one's career. I thought it's all in ONE YEAR and I'm like... ?????!!!!!

Who push for these terms really? Feel like no one use them.

Someone with lots of time at hand, apparently. :LOL:

And no one in man single achieved the super slam yet. Go Yuzu! Only need 4CC to get it! :1:

I think I heard Grand Slam used by some US media person in reference to Nathan Chen (although he didn't go to 4CC this year), but that's the only time I'd ever seen a mention of the phrase in regards to figure skating, and I feel like the meaning was different.

He may not have the Super Slam (yet), but at least Yuzu got the Triple Crown back in the 2013-14 Olympics year. So that's one unofficial title!

This will be his year. Fourth time's the charm - like a four leaf clover! (Kindly ignore the fact that the number 4 is generally unlucky in Japanese culture. He's the 4-time GPF champion; he can totally be the 4CC champion on his fourth try!). And once he gets that 4CC gold, he'll have created a new category. It'll be the:
CAREER EXTRA SUPER GRAND SLAM (aka ABSOLUTE CHAMPION SLAM - or colloquially known as the HANYU SLAM):* winning Jr Worlds + JGPF + Worlds + Euros/4CC + GPF + TWO Olys during the course of one's career

:devilYuzu:

edit: I reached First Pancake with this!

4 minutes ago, lazuliblade said:

I think I heard Grand Slam used by some US media person in reference to Nathan Chen (although he didn't go to 4CC this year), but that's the only time I'd ever seen a mention of the phrase in regards to figure skating, and I feel like the meaning was different.

He may not have the Super Slam (yet), but at least Yuzu got the Triple Crown back in the 2013-14 Olympics year. So that's one unofficial title!

This will be his year. Fourth time's the charm - like a four leaf clover! (Kindly ignore the fact that the number 4 is generally unlucky in Japanese culture. He's the 4-time GPF champion; he can totally be the 4CC champion on his fourth try!). And once he gets that 4CC gold, he'll have created a new category. It'll be the:
CAREER EXTRA SUPER GRAND SLAM (aka ABSOLUTE CHAMPION SLAM - or colloquially known as the HANYU SLAM):* winning Jr Worlds + JGPF + Worlds + Euros/4CC + GPF + TWO Olys during the course of one's career

:devilYuzu:

edit: I reached First Pancake with this!

I like the term HANYU slam. Don't think it will be used much except for him though c: (mmmh maybe virtue/moir!)