General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

To my mind, that's on the same level as fans who write to Brian Orser scolding him for "making" Yuzu do jumps he fell on...when any fool can clearly see that no one "makes" Yuzu do anything. 

Wait, the who did what!? 

20 分, Sammieさんが言いました:

What butt spin everyone talking about? The one he spin on his butt or the A spin (aka butt spin)? :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: 

Before  the w version came about, the m version was all we had. We're talking about the older sibling, m. Or as some would call it, the golden arches.

Figure skaters all have very well developed bottoms. It apparently comes with the job. It's more apparent with the dudes than with the ladies though, because of the nature of the costumes in each discipline.

41 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Before  the w version came about, the m version was all we had. We're talking about the older sibling, m. Or as some would call it, the golden arches

It took me a second to figure out what you meant by W and M, but from now on I am referring to Yuzu's assets as The Golden Arches. :xD: 

6 分, OonsieHuiさんが言いました:

It took me a second to figure out what you means by W and M, but from now on I am referring to Yuzu's assets as The Golden Arches. :xD: 

That only really works when he does the A-spin though. They should really reconsider renaming it M because that's really the most obvious alphabet we see when skaters execute it. But I don't think the prudes at ISU will ever let that happen.

21 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

It took me a second to figure out what you means by W and M, but from now on I am referring to Yuzu's assets as The Golden Arches. :xD: 

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you all are referring to. Perhaps you can help me out with some hi-def pictures or, for the artistically inclined, detailed illustrations. 

Sorry to butt in, but when I checked yesterday, the thread page was around 3698 and today I saw some 8 or 9 pages been added and wondered what's happened. I'm not going to dig up the discussion that's been going on the past pages but would like to say what I feel about this forum. I'll put into the spoiler so those who do not wish to read, please skip.

Spoiler

I've never been a part of international fan forum for anything or anybody so I cannot compare with anything. But what I can see from the passion, the love, and the efforts that people pours into this planet, this is an amazing place. I mean the coverage of compiled video links, documentaries, TV appearances, magazines, photos, memes, fan arts, etc. Also the variety of topics/threads relating to Yuzu and the other skaters, this place offers so much reading materials and something to gash about for hours and hours.

I remember when I was a lone fanyu without fellow satellites to share the love, I felt a bit lonely. It was right after Nov, 11th as well.

Since then till right up to PC, I was trying to find out about Yuzu and the injury. It was the driest and darkest time and then one day, I've found this forum called Planet Hanyu (thanks to Max the Italian uncle). I didn't become a member right away but checked here almost everyday as every time I googled something about Yuzu, the forum came up!

I don't want to go on about but I just want to express my appreciation for this planet and all the satellites included. Without the diverse people and their different opinions, the place would become very boring. It takes every kind of people to make the place look colourful and cheerful. I also learn new words and interesting views everyday!  :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Few days ago when I was going through Japanese fanyu stuff, I've seen few posts about Japanese Yuzu fan being rather critical. I think this is perfectly natural as the man himself is the harshest critic of all. His perfectionist trait does draw in people with the same trait so that's inevitable. But at the bottom of the heart, we all so madly love Yuzu and things he does. We run wild with our passion sometimes and tbh I do sometimes catch myself on thinking "what am I doing??" 

I'm a Yuzu addict that's the truth. There I said it! :13877886:...now I go back and watch some more Yuzu documentaries for further research to find a cure for this addiction...:gla:

19 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

That only really works when he does the A-spin though. They should really reconsider renaming it M because that's really the most obvious alphabet we see when skaters execute it. But I don't think the prudes at ISU will ever let that happen.

Laughing my ass off at how quickly the Gen chat jumped from freedom of constructive criticism among fans to BUTT SPIN.

Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker of this place who finally decided to sign it. I doubt I will be very much active. However I really wanted to reply to this 'alpha male' discussion. To be honest I wish such vocab would stopped being used in general.  The underhanded meaning of it is that competitiveness, strong will and mental fortitude are masculine qualities only displayed by strong (usually also physically) men. It's extremely sexist and reductive as women can be just as driven as men and I'm sure Yuzu could care less about being perceived as such. He seems to have little care of being perceived as 'manly' and that's something I admire about him. I love how he works around the codes of a still very backwards and conservative sport and impose his non warhorses non European centric programs, his frills and ruffles, his emotions and sensitivity and still come out on top. I don't care and don't want him to be an 'alpha male'. Those are a boring species. I love that he is mesmerizing on ice and such a sweetheart off ice as well as very well spoken. I don't take him being called feminine as some insult that call for reassurance of his masculinity time and again. He has traditionally feminine elements to both his skating and his personality and those are precisely the ones that make him the unique skater that we know. Sorry for such a long and useless rant as a first post but what I wanted to say is really that I wish his fans would not have this knee-jerk reaction when he is called feminine to immediately go on long tirades to defend his masculinity.

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

It took me a second to figure out what you meant by W and M, but from now on I am referring to Yuzu's assets as The Golden Arches. :xD: 

I still haven't figured it out, can anybody enlighten me what the M and the W are?

The butt spin, in general, not only Yuzu's, grew on me and doesn't bother me anymore. Of course, the R&J1 version is still way too much, but most skaters do pretty acceptable variations these days. And I have a friend who is a very casual watcher, whom I got into watching FS about two seasons ago, who genuinely liked it from the start. Acvording to her, the shape is nice and symmetrical and straight and very pleasing.

41 minutes ago, k8y said:

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you all are referring to. Perhaps you can help me out with some hi-def pictures or, for the artistically inclined, detailed illustrations. 

1 minute ago, Moria Polonius said:

I still haven't figured it out, can anybody enlighten me what the M and the W are?

Took me about 8 minutes, but I guess it was about how his... assets form a certain letter when: spinning on said assets on ice (w) and doing A spin (m). 

44 分, natsumonoさんが言いました:

Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker of this place who finally decided to sign it. I doubt I will be very much active. However I really wanted to reply to this 'alpha male' discussion. To be honest I wish such vocab would stopped being used in general.  The underhanded meaning of it is that competitiveness, strong will and mental fortitude are masculine qualities only displayed by strong (usually also physically) men. It's extremely sexist and reductive as women can be just as driven as men and I'm sure Yuzu could care less about being perceived as such. He seems to have little care of being perceived as 'manly' and that's something I admire about him. I love how he works around the codes of a still very backwards and conservative sport and impose his non warhorses non European centric programs, his frills and ruffles, his emotions and sensitivity and still come out on top. I don't care and don't want him to be an 'alpha male'. Those are a boring species. I love that he is mesmerizing on ice and such a sweetheart off ice as well as very well spoken. I don't take him being called feminine as some insult that call for reassurance of his masculinity time and again. He has traditionally feminine elements to both his skating and his personality and those are precisely the ones that make him the unique skater that we know. Sorry for such a long and useless rant as a first post but what I wanted to say is really that I wish his fans would not have this knee-jerk reaction when he is called feminine to immediately go on long tirades to defend his masculinity.

Hi there. Thanks for coming forward to give your insight and thoughtful input. I think you might have  misunderstood me, though. By saying he's alpha male, I'm not denying the existence of alpha-type women. But I honestly do think he's one, in both the traditional sense as well as the truest sense of the term. There's no sexism implied because I'm talking about it in the context of animals and this guy loves being on top of the food chain and he loves dominating in competition. I also meant it to imply that he's so comfortable with his own masculinity--there's no question that he identifies as male--yet he has no qualms in showing his inner feminity. Because even when he shows that part of himself, he doesn't seem to feel insecure and question his own masculinity, because those insecurities are a social construct, to which he doesn't seem to subscribe, the way animals don't.

Anyway, these are all just the perception I alone get from him. If you perceive something else, that's completely understandable because perceptions can be unique to the individual perceiver. :) It's not like we can tell another person what to perceive. To me, he's basically everything you, and others, say he is, but underneath it all, he's also what my initial perception told me he is.