General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

All this time I thought Dory was a cute nickname for Yuzu's WoW costume. Never thought it could be thought of as any other way. :sadPooh: (I personally prefer the name to boobskirt or lettuce.)

Anyway, I remember a tumblr edit of WoW's costume with a grayscale color scheme, which with washing out the stark differences between blue and yellow, made the costume tolerable. Lo and behold! Sato Yamamoto came through in HF Nagano. Lol maybe he as a fan noticed.

*still crying over the fanboys meeting Yuzu content we did NOT get from H&F* :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

Crossing everything that they'll all happily meet at Nats:fingerscrossed:

no more injuries & flu, skating gods, please and thank you:snonegai:

(wait, which comp is going to be in Osaka? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: JNats? Do we need to prepare some extra-powerful vodoo?):voodoodoll_2::hexer:

Ehem ... the air is tense on the gen thread again ... lol 

Tbh, I love putting nicknames at things, too! It's not a bad thing, I find it kinda endearing ... Dory and Celestial Maiden are quite cute names and even if we like the costumes or not, I'm sure nobody in here hates Yuzu for wearing them. It's just a matter of taste and  those costumes are so Yuzu and he wears them like a boss! haha ... I don't think he would be disappointed reading our forum bc IMO it's full of love and appreciation for everything he does and  there is constructive criticism and meaningful analysis, too! So let's chill, ppl!

[Admin edit: Negative mention of other platforms]

15 hours ago, Forcefield said:

All this time I thought Dory was a cute nickname for Yuzu's WoW costume. Never thought it could be thought of as any other way. :sadPooh: (I personally prefer the name to boobskirt or lettuce.)

Agreed. "Dory" is a nickname for heaven's sake - heck, @LadyLou has been compiling a whole glossary of nicknames used in these forums. And it isn't being derogatory or anything. If anything, nicknames are typically given by people to others (or to objects) that strike a chord of emotion within. And if that emotion was putrid vile hate, in my opinion, I don't think that Dory would've been the nickname given!

Having read through all of @Lenylan's posts (and replies to others as well as others' replies in return, over the last few pages), the impression I'm getting is that there seems to be an expectation by @Lenylan that a forum supporting Hanyu should be like a cult - never expressing anything (publicly) except for pure adoration and likes.

Sorry, but in my opinion, that's not real life. You can be a fan, you can like the impression that Hanyu gives as a person, but that doesn't mean you have to like or love EVERYTHING he says or does or EVERYTHING that is associated with him. Even outside of forums, outside of the Internet and its keyboard warriors, can you tell me that with your (IRL) friends that you like/love everything about them? In real life, you may hold silent about things you don't like, but this is a forum - ie an opportunity to discuss things, an opportunity to express points of view...politely and constructively. The few inappropriate (inadvertent or not) remarks made, and non-constructive remarks/attacks made are quickly cleaned up by the Mods and Admins here.

I'm sorry you feel the way you seem to feel @Lenylan, but I beg to differ from your point of view. That said, welcome to the forums, we do welcome differing points of view that are constructively put forward, and respect that we are all different - albeit united in our general love/like for Hanyu (even if some of what he does seems weird to us or if we don't like everything he wears etc).

Peace.

PS: I do believe that the Mods and Admins here draw the line at speculation, and I would suggest your comment about whether Hanyu would like the comments on these forums or not, or be disappointed by them, is likely to fall into the realm of speculation - unless you are claiming to be speaking on behalf of the man himself?

13 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

*still crying over the fanboys meeting Yuzu content we did NOT get from H&F* :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

Crossing everything that they'll all happily meet at Nats:fingerscrossed:

no more injuries & flu, skating gods, please and thank you:snonegai:

(wait, which comp is going to be in Osaka? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: JNats? Do we need to prepare some extra-powerful vodoo?):voodoodoll_2::hexer:

They sometimes film the drawing for Nats (is it also when the previous winner hand over the humongous trophy and also Yuzu met his match with his tie until Kozuka came through?). I always liked watching reactions/interactions and Yuzu there. I'm looking forward to it this year. :dancingpooh:

I personally would love to see Yuzu's (and TCC's) reactions to the glorious meme emojis we utilize rather than our discussions. :knc_brian2:

On a serious subject.

As you all know, I kind of um, created the quad harem ladies, inspired by Yuzu one time humanizing his quads.

Now of course, there will be furious debate over why his quads are female, and some will question why they are not male.

So I thought, yes, fair argument. Why has my imagination not extended to male quads yet?

Of course, you can't really make a male quad harem, so naturally, I thought japan--> samurai--> sengoku--> sengoku basara. And so on. So maybe I should go the direction of sengoku daimyo quads? If so, which daimyo do you guys think fit each quad's personality? =D

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

On a serious subject.

As you all know, I kind of um, created the quad harem ladies, inspired by Yuzu one time humanizing his quads.

Now of course, there will be furious debate over why his quads are female, and some will question why they are not male.

So I thought, yes, fair argument. Why has my imagination not extended to male quads yet?

Of course, you can't really make a male quad harem, so naturally, I thought japan--> samurai--> sengoku--> sengoku basara. And so on. So maybe I should go the direction of sengoku daimyo quads? If so, which daimyo do you guys think fit each quad's personality? =D

Quad lutz needs to be someone fierce. Or better yet, someone who turned out to be a traitor or double-crosser.

Sorry, don't know my history very well to suggest an actual name.

PS: where are your quad harem ladies? And as for furious debate why Hanyu's quads are female, wasn't that the gender he himself assigned to at least one of them (by pronoun) when he discussed the matter? Or was that just the interpreter's translation in the English sub?

7 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

They sometimes film the drawing for Nats (is it also when the previous winner hand over the humongous trophy and also Yuzu met his match with his tie until Kozuka came through?). I always liked watching reactions/interactions and Yuzu there. I'm looking forward to it this year. :dancingpooh:

I personally would love to see Yuzu's (and TCC's) reactions to the glorious meme emojis we utilize rather than our discussions. :knc_brian2:

These emojis are really really cool, I'm pretty sure they will be amazed and want to use them in their daily life too. (or not?)

:tongueyuzu:

2 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Quad lutz needs to be someone fierce. Or better yet, someone who turned out to be a traitor or double-crosser.

Sorry, don't know my history very well to suggest an actual name.

PS: where are your quad harem ladies? And as for furious debate why Hanyu's quads are female, wasn't that the gender he himself assigned to at least one of them when he discussed the matter?

My quad harem ladies are very very old, but I think someone had them in another thread about terminologies? Here:

And no, Yuzu never assigned a gender to his quads, just described them as various types of personalities.

I did salary man versions of his quads before, but I need time to dig it up. However, I think maybe doing historical verisons would match up better with the historical ladies for his harem (I went ancient china in case anyone was curious).

31 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

They sometimes film the drawing for Nats (is it also when the previous winner hand over the humongous trophy and also Yuzu met his match with his tie until Kozuka came through?). I always liked watching reactions and Yuzu there. I'm looking forward to it this year. :dancingpooh:

:devilYuzu:

I imagine Yuzu be like :peekapooh:  reading the forum and being :LOL: at emoticons like this :muahaha: and being  :headdesk2: at this:crazyshit:

I think he'd definitely be:xD: at  :knc_brian1: and :knc_tracy2: tho, judging by how he laughs when he watches his coaches' reactions in the kiss and cry...

ZUZU WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!:tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw: please keep making all the faces you want :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

26 minutes ago, Xen said:

On a serious subject.

I can't help, and I only remember the main characters :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow: (among them, guess who was my fave? yeah, Date, when you talk about destiny:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: imagine my laughter when I realized he was from Sendai:13877886:)

I'd say 4lz would go well with Date, tbh, with it being kinda chaotic and a show-off... but then 4S would be like that too... maybe 4S better because of loyalty when in need... 4S got jealous of 4Lo so that could be a Date vs Yukimura...but 4Lo should be elegant not...like...that... and then who'd be 4Lz? so, no, can't help you there, sorry

ETA: now I'm feeling guilty for not updating the glossary:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

21 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Wonder who 4A would be.

I'm pretty sure 4A could be given just about any nickname in the harem or the Daimyo squad and I would still call her Nessie tbh. 

That said, I have no real understanding of the Daimyo, or at least not enough to be drawing similarities to his different quads.... and a quick Google search tells me there's no way I can do the process justice, so I'll just cheer on that process from the sidelines.... :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

19 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I'm pretty sure 4A could be given just about any nickname in the harem or the Daimyo squad and I would still call her Nessie tbh. 

That said, I have no real understanding of the Daimyo, or at least not enough to be drawing similarities to his different quads.... and a quick Google search tells me there's no way I can do the process justice, so I'll just cheer on that process from the sidelines.... :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

A dragon in the harem... sounds like fun! 

Based on recent conversation I'm going to place this here as a reminder.  Please keep in mind that this forum welcomes criticism as long as it is constructive and doesn't devolve into becoming nonconstructive. Yuzu has many fans that love him for different reasons. We aren't going to agree about everything he says or does or wears and it is okay to talk about that. That doesn't mean we don't support him wholeheartedly.