General Yuzuru Chat

hace 15 minutos , rockstaryuzu said:

Eh, I dunno...Dory can hardly be termed anything other than 'dubious'...

Dubious for you and for those who has spend much time watching Disney cartoons.  The first time I watched "Wings of words", btw that's the name of his program not Dory, I would have never pictured as a fish or something similar. It depends on what is on people's mind at the time they watched his performance. 

I don't know, whether we view his programs as "dubious" or not-in the end, we do support what he does on the ice, and what he represents as a skater. So that sentiment is in the end, what counts, regardless of where we stand on specific programs. =/

hace 2 minutos , wingman said:

@Lenylan Welcome to the forum. 

Please refrain from personal attacks like these, it's just not nice to have a negative vibe.

Yes we are extremely supportive of Zu, but we are also a diverse body of people from all walks of life and background. 

Thank you, and don't worry, it's not a personal attack, I'm just expressing my feelings to what I consider could be the real negative content in a forum supporting Yuzuru Hanyu. Criticizing his choises all the time... coming that from his owns fans is something I can't stand.  And yes, we come from different places and backgrounds but I think the respect for the person we support in this forum must be above the freedom of expression here

Oh well this kind of things happen I guess. There are just so many types of people in this world that I kinda ignore people who like to complain about this and that. They are just different types of people, and we don't need to judge them, as we don't need to judge Yuzu this and that, too. I will just love whatever he does and all his choices. I'm a fan, not a critic:tumblr_inline_mnz5bjK4an1qz4rgp:. Of course, people can express their opinions.

For people who do not grow up with Gundam (myself included) his costume for Wings of Words can be classified as questionable. At least until we see the image of the Gundam itself and acknowledge the rather literal translation he made.

1_d4fb7b03-f81c-41fb-a405-e598f150e81c_l

As for Dory... Let's just think it as a beloved pet name. No need to get angry over it, really. 

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As for his off-rink style, I've heard it described as 'early Japanese teenager'...which seems about right.

... and then there's his total seeming inability or unwillingness to search/take time to be fitted for a formal suit that fits properly :idk:(sorry Yuzu, we still think you look adorable!) which does also indicate little interest in clothes except where they are part of his 'work equipment' at which point - like his skates, or music - no amount of obsessive detailed interest is too much for him.

hace 5 minutos , Ferrer said:

Oh well this kind of things happen I guess. There are just so many types of people in this world that I kinda ignore people who like to complain about this and that. They are just different types of people, and we don't need to judge them, as we don't need to judge Yuzu this and that, too. I will just love whatever he does and all his choices. I'm a fan, not a critic:tumblr_inline_mnz5bjK4an1qz4rgp:. Of course, people can express their opinions.

Yes, people can express their opinion, but if this forum doesn't have his name on it, i wouldn't say a thing or even I wouldn't be here in the first place. It's the fact that this forum is supposed to supporting him what make the critics even more annoying. 

1 minute ago, Lenylan said:

Yes, people can express their opinion, but if this forum doesn't have his name on it, i wouldn't say a thing or even I wouldn't be here in the first place. It's the fact that this forum is supposed to supporting him what make the critics even more annoying. 

Ahahaha, I sometimes feel the same way, but reality is just people are different. So my brain kinda block out the questionable comments. Let's just be civil and try to understand each other. Afterall, we all support the same skater. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8s0s21qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pjd8s0s21qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pjd8s0s21qdlkyg:

Only speaking for myself here, but I only bother criticising people and things i like. If there's smth I don',t like or disapprove, that is, not just out of the blue. :laughing: anyway, I was raised to believe criticism can be smth positive if done right, so i guess this is why I have no prob voicing my opinions, even if they're negative. if I don't like smth or someone, I don't bother with it at all, I just ignore it. So I guess I'm strange like that. :shrug: