General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Anyone know what this is about?

It's about Yuzu's jump entries. They're talking about how most skaters take their time and ignore the music when they're preparing to jump, which makes it difficult to express anything. Yuzu,  on the other hand, incorporates steps into his jump entries such that his jumps come out of nowhere and everything is in sync with the music. 

I wonder when an announcement will be made about the Challenger series Japanese participation. We expect to hear the GP assignments at the end of this week so I presume they will be after? Last year it was around now that Japan released that info, but iirc, the GP assignments were earlier dt olys.... or maybe they wont even annouce them this early since it isnt an olympic year.... just curious....

@Murieleirum: actually listening to vocals version of Haru Yo Koi, I think the vocal versions are *flatter* than the piano version. So I'm on team instrumental too if he does it.

It does sound like Shinya added a couple of flourishes in his live version which doesn't exist in the original vocal version, which can highlight and change climax for the music. In fact, I wonder if they do a studio recording version, would they start adding flourishes and tempo changes? It would be interestting...like say something that builds a bit like Bolero, one that gradually builds up momentum through the song, softly at first, and then fortissimo for the end, with 1 build up at the hydroblade, and another at the Ina bauer and end spin? Now, what if in the middle they go even softer, and add a lyrical violin solo before going back to a strong piano part?

18 minutes ago, Ferrer said:

So, Celestial Maiden Hanyu will grace us with his presence for a season?

Rejoice mortals!! :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg::8232307:

Man, if everyone else in that gala wears plain, monochromatic outfits?

Should we call it the celestial maiden and his bodyguards show? XD

5 hours ago, Xen said:

@Murieleirum: actually listening to vocals version of Haru Yo Koi, I think the vocal versions are *flatter* than the piano version. So I'm on team instrumental too if he does it.

It does sound like Shinya added a couple of flourishes in his live version which doesn't exist in the original vocal version, which can highlight and change climax for the music. In fact, I wonder if they do a studio recording version, would they start adding flourishes and tempo changes? It would be interestting...like say something that builds a bit like Bolero, one that gradually builds up momentum through the song, softly at first, and then fortissimo for the end, with 1 build up at the hydroblade, and another at the Ina bauer and end spin? Now, what if in the middle they go even softer, and add a lyrical violin solo before going back to a strong piano part?

Yes, I don't like the music with the vocal version actually c: I think the 'voice' doesn't sing as softly as the piano, at least, not to my ears. 

Also, after this, we can officially say that Yuzu is a sucker for the piano. Really, he cannot go one season without having at least one program piano-focused, can he? :xD:

The thing I like about Shinya's arrangement is the unpredictability. The melody is always the same (like you said - sort of like a Bolero, a melody that gets repeated with different "colors" every time, but here instead of being exchanged between different instruments, everything is "in the hands of the pianist" quite literally), but the ability with which he (and Yuzuru) give color, dynamic, tone, mood, to each phrase is really what makes the program a masterpiece imo. You find this a lot in music with Chaccones, for examples - same harmony, different variations, and each variation has a different color to it, so actually the piece doesn't result boring.

Haru yo, koi's unpredictability lies in harmony too - you can't predict whether the phrase will finish in major or minor, whether the piano will "get mad" and a low note will be stricken with force before a stormy arpeggio through the whole piano, or it will close the phrase with a whispered note - of course, Yuzuru has to feel these changes in his body, and move accordingly. 

8 hours ago, Maia said:

I wish he would change his hairstyle, or at least style it differently. The 'flop all over the face look' is not very nice. Also, has he put on weight? His face looks more filled out. 

I agree that he needs a haircut, but commenting on weight gain seems a bit uncalled for.. It's off season (technically, anyway :D) so many athletes are probably a little less strict with their diet. Like Zhenia said in a recent interview, it's not really possible to maintain "olympic weight" permanently, and there is no reason to. I'm not sure if Yuzu has gained weight, but if he has, then it's only normal and healthy to let one's body rest inbetween seasons. Also, his face has always looked kind of "full", even at his thinnest he looks like he has a double chin from some angles. Nothing wrong with that :D 

Sorry if your comment was just meant as a casual observation and not criticism, I just thought it sounded a little harsh. Peace out :tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp: