General Yuzuru Chat

31 минуту назад, Old Cat Lady сказал:

I'm the opposite of most everyone else.  I want him to keep all the pink and ruffles and sparkles.  In fact, I'd like to see him take it even further and wear the full face of makeup and then I'll laugh maniacally as I watch the media melt down :devil3:

Pink eyeshadow and slight lipgloss will do :devil3: But even as it is I'll prepare my popcorn for western media, never was more happy that Yuzu just don't care :darklordyuzu:

I think the only way it could be better is if the pant were white :space:

Yes, +1 for hakama! (A modern hakama perhaps?) Or something like UA. Seriously Zu, it would be so much easier to sell you to my traditional folk friends if you just dress more... traditionally. (On the other hand, it is a true fanyu test that you can love him regardless of what he puts on...)

1 hour ago, wingman said:

Yes, +1 for hakama! (A modern hakama perhaps?) Or something like UA. Seriously Zu, it would be so much easier to sell you to my traditional folk friends if you just dress more... traditionally. (On the other hand, it is a true fanyu test that you can love him regardless of what he puts on...)

I just  visualized  for a moment Haru  Yo  Koi in  a    turtle  neck , straight grey  pants and  suspenders. Traditional   ''male'' costume  you  know  :xD: 

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

The ruffles are great as a concept but the execution can be better. The way they are now is as if they just attached them afterwards because they wanted ruffles and are not really part of the outfit :shrug: 

I still love the costume and would have no problem if he kept it the way it is now

Pink is my favorite color but I was always criticized for wearing or buying anything pink because it was "too girly" :slinkaway:

I totally agree with this, I definitely think the fabric on the sleeves could’ve been attached so they drape better on the arms, in still photos it looks awkward for me so I personally think it can use some improvement. 

To draw a comparison to another costume embellishment I’d compare Etude to H&L shoulder scarf. Both conceptually are very similar with the fabric on the right shoulder, but the length, bunching, and the way it’s attached to the body makes a big difference in how the costume as a whole looks still in photos. Etude looks gorgeously swept up and drapes elegantly across the shoulder. H&L on the other hand, I’ve always felt it tried to copy the same effect but didn’t quite get it right. It looks like it’s sewn across the length of his shoulder and it doesn’t drape as nicely over his body (maybe due to the length). Haru yo Koi’s sleeves falls closer to H&L  shoulder scarf execution to me in that I see what they were aiming for but I think it could be a better still. 

Kimono? Like the kimono top of Hana ni nare? He can just wear his Hana ni Nare costume and it would match so well. I mean, it has cherry blossoms on it right?

Also, Hanyu is okay in shinies, glitter, and ruffles because boy is actually a beautiful, etheral, human being. Stuff like that don't go well with commoners (like me).

3 часа назад, cirelle сказал:

Crossing my fingers that the report is correct, I want a season of growth with this program! Ending in Saitama in sakura season. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

I feel like this season have the potential to be full of sakura themed banners :space: *I'll sure make one if will be lucky to attend comp live this season :13877886:* sakura plushies maybe? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I feel like this season have the potential to be full of sakura themed banners :space: *I'll sure make one if will be lucky to attend comp live this season :13877886:* sakura plushies maybe? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

That would be really lovely. Sakura themed banners and plushies. I’m melting just thinking about what the rink will look like after he finishes  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

i was about 99% sure he will keep the EX after I saw the logo for Saitama's World 2019, being Sakura and spring and all.

In Oly 2014 he matched his PW costume blue with the background color. Same things happened with his purple  and blue accent for Seimei at Oly 2018. I also guessed his Hope and Legacy FP last year is related to Heroes & Future 2018. 

Everything seems to happen for a reason for him. Very meticulous planning. (But yeah, we are talking about the guy who have visions and make plans for years in advance).

Anyway, since the pianist said there is no recording made for FaOI's HYK yet, I think there is a possibility that the music cut for the EX still may change (at least to add some length / build climax / whatever reason necessary). Can't wait to see the end product. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, kiches said:

I totally agree with this, I definitely think the fabric on the sleeves could’ve been attached so they drape better on the arms, in still photos it looks awkward for me so I personally think it can use some improvement. 

To draw a comparison to another costume embellishment I’d compare Etude to H&L shoulder scarf. Both conceptually are very similar with the fabric on the right shoulder, but the length, bunching, and the way it’s attached to the body makes a big difference in how the costume as a whole looks still in photos. Etude looks gorgeously swept up and drapes elegantly across the shoulder. H&L on the other hand, I’ve always felt it tried to copy the same effect but didn’t quite get it right. It looks like it’s sewn across the length of his shoulder and it doesn’t drape as nicely over his body (maybe due to the length). Haru yo Koi’s sleeves falls closer to H&L  shoulder scarf execution to me in that I see what they were aiming for but I think it could be a better still. 

It's a matter of preference I guess . I on the other hand prefer the design of H&L, it's light enough to ruffle beautifully when he skates, but is secured enough to not be all over the place. They also split it nicely so there's some at the front and some at the back. It's just right, like a cherry on top for me. So to me it's a very successful upgrade rather than a copy. It's interesting how different 2 people can feel :))

5 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Ah, in the video, it says "New exhibition number" above the song title. But I guess it depends whether they use the term just for season exhibitions or just any show number, because then we're back where we started... (ETA: The voice over says show number, that's what threw me off)

Usually, we don't call an ice show an exhibition. Ice show is ice show (aisu-sho), and exhibition is ekishibishon. So I guess it's more about communication than interpretation. Either the announcer or the subtitle is wrong.

Seems like a local news show covers FaOI NIigata, so hopefully we can get confirmation today or sometime in near future.

3 hours ago, wpisces said:

This camera angle helped me see his facial expressions more clearly. There's a moment where it looked like he was under the rain of sakura petals trying to catch a falling petal. 

Is it just me, or have they made the costume more pink? Now all it needs is more sparkles.