General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

This is like a blatant rip off.

If this is a junior competition then it's understandable. But if it's a senior one, I'd be embarrassed if I were to wear that thing.

It’s a kid so I would think it’s a junior competition. 

All I see is a fanboy inspired by Yuzu. I really don’t see the problem. I mean Yuzu is inspired by Johnny and some his costumes resembles Johnny’s. 

27 minutes ago, Sammie said:

It’s a kid so I would think it’s a junior competition. 

All I see is a fanboy inspired by Yuzu. I really don’t see the problem. I mean Yuzu is inspired by Johnny and some his costumes resembles Johnny’s. 

But now I'm curious about this skater's program, because the costume being that close a copy kind of implies the kid, whoever he is, tried to copy Seimei the program too.

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

The first thought that popped into my mind was that this would be a great song to skate to, especially in Japan.  I'm imagining it starting with a lone child singing a capella and then the program would crescendo into a full choir.  I can picture the entire crowd singing as Yuzu ends the program.

There have been several arrangements that have been skated on, although none really like this, or like you suggest. Personally, I love Sashida Fumiya's version the most, which also got a PV/MV with Yuzu skating to it (it was in the making of that that we heard Yuzu very softly sing the first line).

The PV: (the making of was shared recently here by someone else, I think)

Also, he did sing it before, at Kouhaku 2015-2016. But that was everyone singing together, so it's hard to pinpoint his voice (although last time I heard it, I thought I could maybe, just maybe hear him... but no idea, I might have imagined it)

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But now I'm curious about this skater's program, because the costume being that close a copy kind of implies the kid, whoever he is, tried to copy Seimei the program too.

Most likely. 

I just remembered we have a thread just for inspired programs and costumes. A couple of kids skated to seimei. 

It’s in the knick knacks. 

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

There have been several arrangements that have been skated on, although none really like this, or like you suggest. Personally, I love Sashida Fumiya's version the most, which also got a PV/MV with Yuzu skating to it (it was in the making of that that we heard Yuzu very softly sing the first line).

The PV: (the making of was shared recently here by someone else, I think)

Also, he did sing it before, at Kouhaku 2015-2016. But that was everyone singing together, so it's hard to pinpoint his voice (although last time I heard it, I thought I could maybe, just maybe hear him... but no idea, I might have imagined it)

How embarrassing.  I totally forgot that he already skated to a version of this song when I wrote that.  But I've never seen this before.  Thanks for sharing. 

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

mhm, I saw on twitter some posts from another skater who was at that comp. He said the boy prefer's Nathan, and that the music was not Seimei but 'some kind of ninja song." I'll dm you the thread.

Random thought... what if Haru yo koi is actually an excerpt from his free skate?  He said that it was mostly done except for some adjustments for new rules.  At first, the time of the program made me think maybe it's the short but they would have to change the whole program to make it work with the elements.  I just watched it over and over and over and I can't believe that it's just a simple collaboration for the show... the program is more detailed and intricate than most skaters' competition programs.  His previous collaborations tended to be more generic in their choreography - in this one, every nuance of the music is highlighted.    I believe someone said you can do a single axel for the choreo sequence - to me, the part from the hydroblade through the ina bauer could be the choreo sequence, going right into that difficult spin entry, and the footwork into the (future quad) loop look like competitive choreography.

Probably his exhibition, but if it is his free skate, I get a giggle out of the idea of him wearing pink lingerie for competitions - he just needs to switch to tights to make it perfect.

8 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Probably his exhibition, but if it is his free skate, I get a giggle out of the idea of him wearing pink lingerie for competitions - he just needs to switch to tights to make it perfect.

Well the whole song is long enough, but I think Haru Yo Koi would face the same issue that H&L faced- people will take a while to get it and give it PCs, and I think H&L had more highlights to it musically (at least the vocal version of Haru Yo Koi always felt a bit...flat to me). Personally it took me about 4-5 times of watching Haru Yo Koi to kind of get it and appreciate it more (and I'd still rank it lower than Seimei and H&L), and that's because I'm a fanyu (any other skater I probably won't bother). I'm not sure if judges are really going to put in *that much* effort to try to catch the artistic subtleties of it, as in-your-face-dramatic music will catch attention more. =(

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

seimei inspired costume :10636614:

That’s not inspired, that’s just straight up imitated - like a cheap version halloween costume

I get he’s young and I’m not condemning him for it or anything but blatant copying doesn’t sit well with me tbh

It’s okay for me if you want a certain look and go for something similar or take certain elements from a costume you admire but not the whole thing

eta: also, Seimei is not a Ninja :judgmental:

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Random thought... what if Haru yo koi is actually an excerpt from his free skate?  He said that it was mostly done except for some adjustments for new rules.  At first, the time of the program made me think maybe it's the short but they would have to change the whole program to make it work with the elements.  I just watched it over and over and over and I can't believe that it's just a simple collaboration for the show... the program is more detailed and intricate than most skaters' competition programs.  His previous collaborations tended to be more generic in their choreography - in this one, every nuance of the music is highlighted.    I believe someone said you can do a single axel for the choreo sequence - to me, the part from the hydroblade through the ina bauer could be the choreo sequence, going right into that difficult spin entry, and the footwork into the (future quad) loop look like competitive choreography.

I hope it is not :noshake:  the quads,  required elements, and levels would kill the softness and beauty of the program. For me, the best thing about Haru yo koi and Notte stellata is the fact that it is mostly pure skating to the music with no care for BV or tricks and I would be very sad if this program is ruined by adding too many things to it to make it competitive.

Though I do want to see the reaction to the costume if he did wear it to completion (or something similar). There is a real potential for entertainment there :black-wings-smiley:

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Well the whole song is long enough, but I think Haru Yo Koi would face the same issue that H&L faced- people will take a while to get it and give it PCs, and I think H&L had more highlights to it musically (at least the vocal version of Haru Yo Koi always felt a bit...flat to me). Personally it took me about 4-5 times of watching Haru Yo Koi to kind of get it and appreciate it more (and I'd still rank it lower than Seimei and H&L), and that's because I'm a fanyu (any other skater I probably won't bother). I'm not sure if judges are really going to put in *that much* effort to try to catch the artistic subtleties of it, as in-your-face-dramatic music will catch attention more. =(

While I don’t think haru yo koi going to be his free, this really isn’t an argument against it. Yuzu said that he will not take into account  exactly this- how judges perceive a program and wether they get it and like it.