General Yuzuru Chat

19 hours ago, getsurenka said:

I wonder how Shinya became to call Yuzu-chan...what kind of interaction have they had...?

The quote '音源など、世の中には今は一切ございません' with the word '今は', I think he meant you cannot find the music source because it does not even exist in the world yet. This could mean as if this special arranged version could become available if circumstances met certain condition like a special person requests it to be recorded...? So I'd say we still have a chance here for this whole 天女の舞 (celestial maiden's dance) could become his new EX for the coming season:D It's all in Yuzu and his grand plan:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

4 hours ago, PPOS said:

Showing my age here but what about GOLD by Spandau Ballet..you'll prob all have to Google it !!!:peekapooh:

I can definitely relate to this. But GOLD is so 80's it could get too cheesy and also it could bring back many of the embarrassing fashions of the era to go with :embSwan: so sadly say no to the song choice for the sake of post-80's children.

7 hours ago, PPOS said:

Showing my age here but what about GOLD by Spandau Ballet..you'll prob all have to Google it !!!:peekapooh:

'Fields of Gold'  by Sting. Or, one of the many dwarven songs (please Google 'Discworld dwarves' to see what I'm talking about) that go 'gold, gold, gold, gold, gold' and are about how dwarves love gold. Yuzu might be a dwarf, he loves gold so much! :tantrum:

7 hours ago, Xen said:

Adam already sang diamonds, so Yuzu will have to find another song about shinies to sing.

Question, are there any songs about a love for gold? Or do you think he'll sing an ode to Pooh instead?

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

G is for the GOE the judges give

O is for the Olympic Rings

L is a lasting skating legacy

D is dreaming more than any other skater

Gold is all i want to win

Gold is more than a medal or two

Two programs can make it

Skate them clean and don't get silver

Gold was made for me and Pooh!

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

16 時間前, ClarissaHさんが言いました:

I much prefer the piano version used during the performance of the program as well, but I also tend to prefer piano versions of songs that originally have lyrics in them so perhaps I'm a bit biased. You could definitely hear the emotion in the live performance of the song from Shinya's playing though. 

If he does intend to let it develop into a full blown EX, it'd be longer in its EX incarnation and if it's longer, I really hope he'll include the verse parts of the song because those parts, not the chorus, are my favorite parts of it.

8 時間前, Fayさんが言いました:

What, they relieve him of sectionals yet again? :lol:

That's smart. If they made him skate those comps, I'm pretty sure the guy himself would be happy to but they'd be depriving some poor up-and-coming skater their chance at Nats cos with Hanyu (unnecessarily) occupying a podium spot (because there's absolutely no way he won't), there'd be one less spot for others to qualify. >_<

Has he ever skated sectionals before anyway? Logic dictates that at some point early on in his career, he must have had to fight for a place in Nats like everyone else but I don't recall ever seeing a single footage or even an image of one of those performances...

6 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

If he does intend to let it develop into a full blown EX, it'd be longer in its EX incarnation and if it's longer, I really hope he'll include the verse parts of the song because those parts, not the chorus, are my favorite parts of it.

That's smart. If they made him skate those comps, I'm pretty sure the guy himself would be happy to but they'd be depriving some poor up-and-coming skater their chance at Nats cos with Hanyu (unnecessarily) occupying a podium spot (because there's absolutely no way he won't), there'd be one less spot for others to qualify. >_<

Has he ever skated sectionals before anyway? Logic dictates that at some point early on in his career, he must have had to fight for a place in Nats like everyone else but I don't recall ever seeing a single footage or even an image of one of those performances...

Yeah, but just imagine the scramble for tickets at that particular sectional, if Yuzu were there... that’d be a treat! 

29 分, Fayさんが言いました:

Yeah, but just imagine the scramble for tickets at that particular sectional, if Yuzu were there... that’d be a treat! 

Well, if it were me, I would find not qualifying for Nats by a single podium spot a more-than-fair trade for a chance to compete in close proximity and directly against a skater of Hanyu's caliber (and let's face it, he's really the only one of his caliber) because it'd be like the mountain coming to Mohammad. But I can't speak for everyone, especially since I'm not a skater or an athlete of any sort myself. Nationals seems to be everything to a lot of them because that's the biggest stage they could ever somewhat realistically hope to achieve reaching. While, in my impression, for someone like Hanyu, it's more like sectionals.

Anyway, the guy got a bye to the frickin' Olys. Add the fact that he promptly went on to win it, not getting one to Nats would be o.O. As amusing and inviting as the idea is, I don't think sectionals was ever in the conversation. Sides, they basically flat out admitted that the announcement itself was just a formality. It's already a given that, as long as he wants to and feels up to it, he was going straight to Nats.

Just a note on Skate Canada this year: there's literally no Canadian man in competition at Yuzu's level right now. Keegan Messing is fun but he's not that caliber. If Yuzu does get assigned SCI this year, his competition is going to be other international skaters or nothing at all. Unless a dark horse comes out of nowhere.

31 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Well, if it were me, I would find not qualifying for Nats by a single podium spot a more-than-fair trade for a chance to compete in close proximity and directly against a skater of Hanyu's caliber (and let's face it, he's really the only one of his caliber) because it'd be like the mountain coming to Mohammad. But I can't speak for everyone, especially since I'm not a skater or an athlete of any sort myself. Nationals seems to be everything to a lot of them because that's the biggest stage they could ever somewhat realistically hope to achieve reaching. While, in my impression, for someone like Hanyu, it's more like sectionals.

Anyway, the guy got a bye to the frickin' Olys. Add the fact that he promptly went on to win it, not getting one to Nats would be o.O. As amusing and inviting as the idea is, I don't think sectionals was ever in the conversation. Sides, they basically flat out admitted that the announcement itself was just a formality. It's already a given that, as long as he wants to and feels up to it, he was going straight to Nats.

I’m more curious whether Kazuki Tomono has to go through sectionals now...

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

:darklordyuzu: The evil mastermind strikes again!

True Hana ha saku spoiler alert

Hide contents

He didn't sing :P

Never expected him to. No one can make him do what he doesn’t want to do. 

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Never expected him to. No one can make him do what he doesn’t want to do. 

So what was that nasal-ish voice they used when he filmed? Don't tell me that was Shoma singing.