General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

You'd think we'd be desensitised by now but nope. :embSwan:

Something about Yuzu on ヒルナンデス (hirunandesu) today? 

I think it's this one...

They picked few people who were made into news headlines and social medias in the first half of the year 2018.

Yuzu was one of them and they made a quiz about him. The question was 'What was an unexpected way that fans enjoyed the Sendai parade?'

The answer was the twitter hashtag #羽生結弦の写真撮るの下手くそ選手権.

24 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I think it's this one...

They picked few people who were made into news headlines and social medias in the first half of the year 2018.

Yuzu was one of them and they made a quiz about him. The question was 'What was an unexpected way that fans enjoyed the Sendai parade?'

The answer was the twitter hashtag #羽生結弦の写真撮るの下手くそ選手権.

That picture hashtag was not only entertaining for us fans, but a greatly positive spin on things that I'm glad received attention. This and giving Yuzu a pooh rain I think are the better portrayals of Yuzu fans in the media which I'm glad for.

3 hours ago, FromTwelve said:

I've finally received all the goods. I'm drowning in bliss

Looks great:)

I hope CD-Japan would eventually send me mine... it's almost two weeks already, couldn't they move their warehouse a month later?:sadPooh:

13 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

I don't think this has been posted yet!  Really neat comparison between R&J 1.0 from 2012 and 2018.  You can really see how much more precise and delicate (but powerful!) his movements have become.  The Youtuber has more side-by-side videos on their channel if you want to check it out.

Someone  please  explain , how  is it  even  possible  to remember  the choreography to the  tiniest  of  its detail?  There   are 6 years  between these  skates  , but  he  remembers  every  single  move ! He  had done  9  programs  during CiONTU  and  only 2 of them  were  recent. HOW?? 

41 minutes ago, Gaby said:

Someone  please  explain , how  is it  even  possible  to remember  the choreography to the  tiniest  of  its detail?  There   are 6 years  between these  skates  , but  he  remembers  every  single  move ! He  had done  9  programs  during CiONTU  and  only 2 of them  were  recent. HOW?? 

don't forget the guy rewatches his programs..again...and again...and again...not only his bad ones, apparently! And he's always copying other people's choreographies even months or years later, his memory is no joke:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: (but yeah, I bet he has some super archive with tons of recordings and instead of going to Niagara falls he rewatches them or doeas image training in front of the mirror...)

not that I don't understand the feeling, I myself have spent many hours watching his programs, too :laughing: and when listening to the songs of his programs I kinda...imitate some parts of choreo :embSwan:

speaking of past programs, and given our recent Boston reminiscences and the connection with Yuzuru's most recent EX, here's my 'no commentary' version of Boston Requiem

It's my own edit and it's supposed to be a 1080p video, I tried my best to sync the landing sounds and it looks fine to me but if you think the timing is off I can make more tweaks. I took the audio from a lower quality no-commentary video and the footage from BESP that looked like the one with higher resolution...the CBC one looked about the same to me and the logo of the network would be less intrusive, but it cut the replay and Boston Requiem replay is a MUST, so...:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

Cry your heart away! Enjoy!

Also tagging @kaeryth if she wants to add it to the compilation:10636614:

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

and when listening to the songs of his programs I kinda...imitate some parts of choreo

So, question:

Has anyone here ever tried to seriously duplicate some of the moves? All this week I've been obsessed with Yuzu's Ina Bauer and I keep wondering how exactly one even gets into that position...so I tried it (on land)...and I couldn't even keep my balance! (Never mind the turnout he gets...)

I can just about do a forward inside edge spread eagle while skating, and I can sort-of hold a spiral...but I can't even get into the sit-spin position, and I'm darned if I know how he can pretzel into that hydroblade

Anyway, even though actually being able to do what he does is as far out of my reach as the stars, it's tons of fun to try! Does anyone else do this? Or am I the only 'Yuzu-as-fitness inspiration*'  dork here? 

*I'm not joking about the fitspo thing. Yesterday at the gym, my trainer was pushing me with heavy squats and I wanted to quit. I actually thought, 'If Yuzu can win the Olympics on a busted-up ankle, I can do this' and went for it. It bloody well hurt, too. But picturing Yuzu's grin made it better. 

:offtopic:

Btw did I blank for a moment there? Because did Yuzu's P&G talk show, another one, happen already? Seems like it was brushed past on the general chat with little fanfare and I'm unsure if it's being discussed elsewhere on the planet. Please tell me if you do know! 

55 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, question:

Has anyone here ever tried to seriously duplicate some of the moves? All this week I've been obsessed with Yuzu's Ina Bauer and I keep wondering how exactly one even gets into that position...so I tried it (on land)...and I couldn't even keep my balance! (Never mind the turnout he gets...)

I can just about do a forward inside edge spread eagle while skating, and I can sort-of hold a spiral...but I can't even get into the sit-spin position, and I'm darned if I know how he can pretzel into that hydroblade

Anyway, even though actually being able to do what he does is as far out of my reach as the stars, it's tons of fun to try! Does anyone else do this? Or am I the only 'Yuzu-as-fitness inspiration*'  dork here? 

*I'm not joking about the fitspo thing. Yesterday at the gym, my trainer was pushing me with heavy squats and I wanted to quit. I actually thought, 'If Yuzu can win the Olympics on a busted-up ankle, I can do this' and went for it. It bloody well hurt, too. But picturing Yuzu's grin made it better. 

He is definitely fitspo for me as I've decided to do flexibility training since I've discovered him - especially being able to do the Biellmann position on land has been a lot of fun! Now, if only I could save up some money to start skating lessons...

6 hours ago, Arwen said:

Looks great:)

I hope CD-Japan would eventually send me mine... it's almost two weeks already, couldn't they move their warehouse a month later?:sadPooh:

Me too, I'm getting really sad and worried. I spent a lot of money and emotional energy on my CiONTU merch, I hope it makes it too us. I'll never use cdjapan again.

35 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

He is definitely fitspo for me as I've decided to do flexibility training since I've discovered him - especially being able to do the Biellmann position on land has been a lot of fun! Now, if only I could save up some money to start skating lessons...

Wow! That's impressive! I haven't even considered trying the Biellmann. I know from childhood ballet lessons that it's most likely completely impossible for me.

It'd be fun to have a gallery of pics of satellites trying to Yuzu. :usrs::crazyshit::LOL:

2 hours ago, Forcefield said:

:offtopic:

Btw did I blank for a moment there? Because did Yuzu's P&G talk show, another one, happen already? Seems like it was brushed past on the general chat with little fanfare and I'm unsure if it's being discussed elsewhere on the planet. Please tell me if you do know! 

It was at the FaOI Kobe thread..

Spoiler