General Yuzuru Chat

OT: I'm watching football/soccer WC and raging over stupid referee calls and yet its still better as I'm crying tears of blood that Figure Skating doesn't have cool things like goal line technology or VAR (video assistant referee) for at least their biggest events like Worlds to call jump rotations and assist tech callers. Instead ISU are still debating over CDs and USBs. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

If I become a millionaire, maybe I'll have to fund a project for FS gear and tech instead of funding my trips around for events.

3 hours ago, Msyloves said:

There's the regular FS standards and then there's the Hanyu standards. Everybody else gets judged with the usual standards but Yuzu gets judged all the time by his BEST and then some.

Just think what would happen if everybody was judged by the Yuzu standards.  You'd have some skaters ending up with negative scores.

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Why had Jack to choose that podium?:sadPooh:

It breaks my heart to even think about Boston..and I wasn't even a fan back then...everytime in a fanvid I see scenes form Boston FS (with those puddles of melted ice  :curse: and Yuzuru falling :59227c768286a__s: and his reaction after his skate :cry:) I just need to close my eyes for a moment, I can't bear it... it's not even the same feeling of watching the 2017 ACI FS, there I can cringe and even chuckle a bit, but to imagine how Yuzuru was feeling in Boston it's too sad... I almost forget that for other skaters and other fans Boston is a happy memory, because for me the whole WC is marred (not so much by Yuzuru losing, but losing in such way). Even that triumphant SP, I can't listen to commetaries knowing what happened later... (Boston Requiem tho...it hurts but I can't help but love it:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

tbh Helsinki and then PC really feel like a miracle and Boston was... necessary for Yuzuru to become who he is now and now we can all enjoy happy Zu and he's so darn strong and aaaah I'm getting emotional :tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5:

(also, I've just got my hands on my very first Yuzuru magazines, I'm drowing in huge beautiful pics, some are really huuuuuuuuge, my brain can't take all of this:10742290::10742290::10742290:)

you can! :10742289:

I was hyperventilating livestreaming ACI and for COR I thought I'd die because my heart rate was seriously WILD but then I survived 2017 NHK and then OWG too:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: without hyperventilating too much, which is astonishing...

And sharing things here helps!:grouphug:

Boston will never not be a sore spot I have come to believe.  I was only able to watch the free skate in person and I was so looking forward to a good skate. It was also my first time seeing Yuzu live and unfortunately you only get one "first" time.  I drowned in my sorrows right good that night at the hotel. It helped to be with my friends to take my mind off things but when I woke up the next day I was really glum.  Can't imagine what it was like for him, but if there is a Worlds that builds "character" that one is it.  When I think about it, there was no Boston result I was particularly happy about and that was the shortest flight. I had to fly across the world for it but Helsinki righted a lot of the Boston wrong with Yuzu and Sui/Han winning so that was worth it.  And then the Olympics righted some other wrongs.  For the ACI free skate I was numb to it because nothing stung like Boston and the SP was so stellar and a pleasant surprise considering his knee pain, so I already felt like the trip was worth it.  I was just hoping I wouldn't be in for a THIRD Siemei bomb and thankfully he righted that ship at the right time.  :space:

I can still watch the Boston short though because I am able to put the free skate out of my mind.  Helps to have been a Sasha fan and used to her perpetually good shorts followed by imperfect frees costing her many a gold in painful fashion. You think Yuzu hates silver?  I bet it ain't Sasha's fave either.  

1 hour ago, axelnojutsu said:

I'm petty enough that I want to see that

Same. But I fear some of my other favorites would fare very poorly.

@Forcefield if someone came up with FS judging tech that scored by comparing skaters to an objective standard, half the ISU would be instantly unemployed.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

@Forcefield if someone came up with FS judging tech that scored by comparing skaters to an objective standard, half the ISU would be instantly unemployed.

This is why the ISU will not change. We want our "idols". No need to blame the ISU. 

:headdesk:

I am done. Sorry. Don't :banned2-smiley-face:me.

Honestly, I think there just isn't enough money in figure skating for the VAR and to fix everyone's technique.Thus, the ISU must lower standards to make it seem competitive.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Judges are volunteers anyway, although I don't know about tech callers. But extra money from flight and lodging for judges going to grand prize money i.e. skaters? I'm even more onboard. (Tech might be costly now, but unless its cheap and keeps breaking down it'll probably save them more money and time long term.)

Also, some people look down on figure skating because it is a judged sport by humans. Wow, technology would definitely get rid of some of that bias! (is something that will never cross ISU's mind).

16 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Judges are volunteers anyway, although I don't know about tech callers. But extra money from flight and lodging for judges going to grand prize money i.e. skaters? I'm even more onboard. (Tech might be costly now, but unless its cheap and keeps breaking down it'll probably save them more money and time long term.)

Also, some people look down on figure skating because it is a judged sport by humans. Wow, technology would definitely get rid of some of that bias! (is something that will never cross ISU's mind).

Any electrical engineers on the planet? :laughing:

20 hours ago, Maleko said:

I have previously not always been a fan of the hydroblade - I think I have a bias against it because it always reminds me of Bourne & Kraatz.  But these FaOI hydroblades have completely won me over.  Yuzu has made the move completely his own - I've never seen it done this spectacularly by anyone!