General Yuzuru Chat

This person remembered H&L when she saw this Art of HIGASHIYAMA Kaii (Mural painting at Nagano Station) named 静映 Seiei, just as I remembered Higashiyama when I saw H&L.

Although the one I remembered was this (included in his book of paintings that I have).

緑響く Midori Hibiku

20080627_528326.jpg

12 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

And what is up with June 23rd?! Everything happens then lol CiONTU special, ABC FaOI Kobe special, TV Asahi Nagano Heroes & Future broadcast, now this and Javi is on a TV show then, too. Plus more FaOI and there might be more I forgot... (I had a friend in highschool who was very superstitious, but believed 23 was a lucky number and so her birthday was a lucky day. Her birthday was June 23rd, so I'm starting to think she might have been on to something lol)

June 23th is going to be a pretty busy day :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:(also, my sister's birthday too LOL)

I hope they won't air everything at the same time, it would be the ultimate trolling... ALMOST (the title of 'worst one' still goes to last Mezamashi):13877886:

11 hours ago, wpisces said:

This is "Flowers will bloom" sung by Japanese Olympic team having competed at 2016 Rio Olympics . They all had solo parts. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeXf5MJCrh4

oh...wow...that's...something :68556365: 

some really needed to loosen up a lot a bit (Kohei wtf was that:smiley-laughing021:), but I appreciate the effort :laughing:

now I know what to expect... I hope Zu won't look as serious tho... I don't even care about his voice tbh, I just hope he'll look at least half-into the piece like he is when lypsyncing, that can heal any secondhand embarassment:space:

10 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Yuzu parts:

I'm here for this HQ content, Legends having casual chats and being squishy&awesome:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

also I'm getting nostalgic & laughing a little thinking back to that Finlandia Trophy fancam of V/M watching Yuzu's FS and looking unimpressed for the most part LOL (and Scott suddenly perking up at the axel combo:10814716:)

(and just to be clear I'm not faulting them for how they looked in that video nor I know what was really going through their minds, it's just funny to imagine they were checking Patrick's competition and Scott was 'so, this is the guy, uh... no prob PChiddy, you've got this...' and then '...whops or maybe not' ):P

9 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Isn't that the truth. It actually took me a while to get my sleep cycle at least somewhat under control after all of that (so worth it for Zu though).

But heck, it wouldn't be skating season if we weren't up in the middle of the night, bleary eyed staring at a tiny screen and yelling my livestream died! 

during OWG Men's FS, the white hot PANIC when streaming suddenly stopped working during Patrick's program and Yuzu was NEXT and the frantic search for another stream and the ONLY ONE working was a LQ and very LAGGY russian one that kept FREEZING during Yuzu's skate EVERY SINGLE TIME HE JUMPED skipping all the landings and I had to rely on those stupid coloured squares to know what the heck was happening, if he'd landed those darn jumps  :59227c768286a__s: :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5::sadPooh::Poohgaveup:

it was very close to a nightmare tbh... still, worth it tho... because Zu got the gold and everything was fine in the world :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

8 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

You guys are truly amazing CRAZY! I'm already afraid of what's coming next for me, after having a little taste of it last night/early today...:embSwan:  But I'll deal with it! :13877886:

fixed for you:biggrin:

I’m astonished they did it - Uchimura and Yamamura look very uncomfortable- Kato and Shirai look nervous -  only Tanaka looks like he’s happy with it.  I suppose it’s difficult to say no when it’s such an emotional national topic - also harder to do.  I bet it felt harder to do than winning the medal!

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

This person remembered H&L when she saw this Art of HIGASHIYAMA Kaii (Mural painting at Nagano Station) named 静映 Seiei, just as I remembered Higashiyama when I saw H&L.

Although the one I remembered was this (included in his book of paintings that I have).

緑響く Midori Hibiku

20080627_528326.jpg

Those colors are very H&L to me. It's a very peaceful scene. I also think of a windy field in Hokkaido when I think of H&L, so if I can get a budget together …✈️

5 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

When I listen to the song  (Japanese one), Yuzu and his efforts in trying to encourage people in those earthquake disaster areas (Hanshin-Awaji, Kumamoto, and Tohoku) just hits me. His skating is not just giving people joy but also giving them hope as if he's healing the deep wounds of people's hearts. Yuzu understands because he's one of them as he was there when the earthquake hit them. I think process of healing starts from accepting the losses and realise that you still have something left that can be cherished.

This is why I think Yuzu was chosen to receive the People's Honor Award.  It's not just for his skating excellence, but also for the services he's done to those recovering from the 2011 quake/tsunami.  With the very dramatic picture of him fleeing the rink on which he was skating as the earthquake threatened to bring down the building, that symbol has linked itself indelibly into the national psyche.  Add to it the symbolic significance of his win at Sochi, the first Japanese to win the men's singles plus (and this has been overlooked by many) also the ONLY Japanese athlete in any sport to bring home a gold medal from those games, that underlined his achievement then.  I think that he was the only gold medal recipient skating in the shadow of the 2011 disaster did much to make him a true symbol of Japanese resilience and determination.  In the intervening years he appears to have engaged in many efforts to help those recovering from the disaster and then add the heroic (I'm not exaggerating here) circumstances of him working back from a potential career-ending injury to win the gold at PC, this went to make his life thus far one which the Japanese authorities felt needed the recognition of what I believe is Japan's highest civilian honor (I could be wrong here so if need be correct me).  We have to realize that the Yuzu receiving the award is not just the skater but the whole package.  It's a recognition that Yuzu is not simply a complete skater but a complete human being.

22 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Does anyone have the full video of where ever this comes from??? I NEED it :worship:

The jacket the turtleneck the hair the face the music the expression :heavybreathing:

It's an excerpt from news footage regarding NHK Trophy Special Exhibition held in 2016.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

June 23th is going to be a pretty busy day :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:(also, my sister's birthday too LOL)

I hope they won't air everything at the same time, it would be the ultimate trolling... ALMOST (the title of 'worst one' still goes to last Mezamashi):13877886:

Looking at the broadcast times, they do overlap...

Continues with Wings special 12:00-15:00 JST

Heroes & Future 12:55-15:55 JST

FaOI Kobe special 15:55-17:25 JST

The NHK singing is on at 2am for... some reason. Is this a new thing in Japan, very early morning Yuzu content??

I was just organizing my calendar for the rest of this month and it's like... half my stuff in my time zone and half Yuzu related events in JST :13877886:

22 minutes ago, Noelle said:

The NHK singing is on at 2am for... some reason. Is this a new thing in Japan, very early morning Yuzu content??

I was just organizing my calendar for the rest of this month and it's like... half my stuff in my time zone and half Yuzu related events in JST :13877886:

Maybe this is why they withholding on his pics at FAOI. They afraid we might drown with too much Yuzu content at the same time.  :mischief:

2 hours ago, Noelle said:

There's going to be some serious recording/downloading that day.....