General Yuzuru Chat

So... today, I discovered that the kanji for Joe in Joe Hisaishi's name (譲) can also be read as Yuzuru (though with different hiragana spelling). :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Yeah, just a tiny, not really important piece of trivia, but I was kinda excited when I found that out. :biggrin: Maybe that's another reason Yuzu saw a connection to Hisaishi and wanted to skate to his music :)

9 hours ago, LadyLou said:

well to be fair some of those top skaters didn't had many TR, or outstanding SS, or based their interpretation on pointless arm movements... tho some probably got less than they deserved, compared with what we see today...

you don't even have to go that far, tbh, if you think Yuzuru's counter 3A still got 2.14 in Sochi :tantrum:(and iirc even the following season)

As for PCS, up to Sochi I think Patrick was the only one who was consistently scored in 9s (maybe that's why Yuzu's GPF score was a shock for many), even Daisuke T. usually was more in the range mid to high 8 and I'm not even sure he's ever got 90 outside Japan (he got 85 in Nice FS, I haven't checked the GP results) and the other top skaters were stuck at 8 (many PCS around 40 in SP and 80 in FS).

I will always be pretty convinced that pcs inflation started before Yuzuru's rise (with Chan), but continued because of Yuzuru, because the gap between his kind of skating and all the others was so big, the ISU alltogether decided not to aknowledge it and pretend (for example) that TR don't exist, and so on. Because the sport isn't fun if you cannot control who's at the top, right?

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

It's Yuzu during a press conference before NHK Trophy 2014. He was calling in other members of team Japan for a photoshoot. Could have been inspired by this (not sure)

あぁこれ絶対サザエさんw

Yes this is definitely Sazae-san inspired move!! Such a cutie :67638860:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av4920469

I tried finding a version sung by the male singer but couldn't locate it anywhere :( even the amazon preview cut it off at the lengthy intro. :judgmental:

So I managed to find a Seimei MAD with it. Beautiful.