General Yuzuru Chat

19 hours ago, ruruzest said:

Sota with his idol !!!!

im crying thinking ab all the injuries these two have suffered and now look at them !

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is from 2016 (check the tweet date) - this was after the NHK special exhibition. The problems of recycling....and never ageing....  

I'm really sad about the absence of Yuzu and JP fanboy new photos, I thought at least Mitsuki or someone would have gotten a photo with him ; __ ; (clearly only Rika was brave enough lol)

29 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is from 2016 (check the tweet date) - this was after the NHK special exhibition. The problems of recycling....and never ageing....  

I'm really sad about the absence of Yuzu and JP fanboy new photos, I thought at least Mitsuki or someone would have gotten a photo with him ; __ ; (clearly only Rika was brave enough lol)

Well, it's also very possible they did take pictures with him, but they didn't post them. Maybe he asked them not to (if, say, they took them in the dressing room or so), or they just didn't. Not everyone has to post their pictures online :)

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Well, it's also very possible they did take pictures with him, but they didn't post them. Maybe he asked them not to (if, say, they took them in the dressing room or so), or they just didn't. Not everyone has to post their pictures online :)

I know... but I'm still sad we don't get to see them ;; oh well

10 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Kind of echoing what everyone has said, but I think you either need immersion or a huge amount of interest (e.g. wanting to be able to understand shows/movies) to pick up a language :)  I got interested in Japanese while I was studying intermediate French in middle school and totally jumped ship :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Needless to say, my French is non-existent now.

For me, Japanese was a way to understand anime/manga because I got frustrated waiting for translations and it seemed like a lot of fun. I've studied it on/off ever since but I really need to sit down and do some formal learning because my Japanese is hella rusty. When you get good enough, you'll notice you'll be able to understand bits and pieces and when you get even better you can try subbing which is actually a lot of fun and very satisfying!

I do think formal teaching is important though, just to get your foundations right. I've picked up a lot of Korean through osmosis from years of drama watching and I can understand basic conversations but can't speak to save my life :13877886:

So in summary, the best combo would be 1) go to classes or get a good textbook, 2) watch/read a lot of material like TV/books/movies to keep it fun and motivating, and 3) practice speaking or formulating sentences through a penpal/language buddy/living in the country itself

That's like me and Spanish. Though I got pretty far in Spanish, but Japanese is more interesting to me because it's so different.  I feel like I can go back to Spanish at any time but I can still read it pretty well and pronounce what I'm reading. Though occasionally my brain wants to say a Spanish word when I'm speaking Japanese and vice versa.   When something is too hard to say in Japanese I want to say it in Spanish. 

9 hours ago, Ferrer said:

At my school, we have English and Mandarin as the language courses. And I can tell you English is the easier one for me. For Mandarin, if I don't have enough motivation to learn it then it's easily forgettable and dumped into the ocean. Those Chinese characters are so bizarre to me, and I also notice they are almost the same as Japanese kanji. Though I'm not sure the characters actually have the same meaning or not.. :14066882:

Japan imported Chinese characters so they don't always mean the same thing anymore, but often they do. I've actually been able to read a little Chinese since I started studying Kanji.  Though I couldn't speak it if my life depended on it. 

1 hour ago, katonice said:

Ok, i was super against (well not exactly "against-against" because i can never be against anything-Yuzu) this costume but now, WOW I LOVE THIS! 

Perhaps watching his Wings of Words a thousand times convinced my brain that it's actually a pretty costume.