General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Not sure who is included in this list, but if J-entertainers too I think 6th is great for an athlete of a niche sport. Since above him could also be long time Jpop stars like SMAP/Arashi/Namie/Utada/Ayumi, one-hit worldwide online wonders like Kyary/Piko, or international favorites like Perfume/One ok Rock and any of those wouldn't surprise me. Some Jdrama actors and actresses too (don't know if Hana Yori Dango was a hit there or not though.)

Yeah seriously, 6th is great! I'm not sure Vietnamese would be that familiar with Jpop (it obviously depends on the population asked). 

Manga is very popular in Vietnam - Doraemon, Detective Conan, Dragon balls etc. As @VyVy99 said, I'd suspect that the top people are Fujiko / Gosho Aoyama by a huge margin. (I learned Japanese thanks to Gosho!)

H&L!!!  (tears of joy) Though it seems that H&L was used as music for the paralympic in Nagano, so maybe that's why he chose it. 

I hope he regain all his jumps soon. 

Shoma's costume is kind of cool. For a second I thought he just had elaborate bodypaint on him. That would be amazing too pull off. 

9 hours ago, LadyLou said:

(Also,  have you guys checked Seimei in Requiem costume?:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: It was the encore for NHK 2015, the-real-xmonster also speaks about that particular encore here)

Yep, that's another push-my-wild-otherworldly button one that I never even knew I had till Yuzu entered my life... :LOL:

So, asking for your patience here but:

Can someone direct me to or provide an explanation as to what Mr Hanyu was aiming for with Hope and Legacy? I seem to understand it’s about nature, and he was thinking about wind and trees, but is there an article or interview where it is stated what exactly he was trying to express? Is HE the wind, trees, nature, etc? Is he just a human enjoying nature, catching a falling star, etc? I can find bits and pieces about it, and lots of chat about the 2017 Worlds  results but not one whole, concise explanation as to...what is it all  about? (I don’t ask for much. Lol)

Sorry for the text wall— I love the program, it’s a jewel.  よろしくお願いいたします。🙇🏻‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

Can someone direct me to or provide an explanation as to what Mr Hanyu was aiming for with Hope and Legacy? I seem to understand it’s about nature, and he was thinking about wind and trees, but is there an article or interview where it is stated what exactly he was trying to express? Is HE the wind, trees, nature, etc? Is he just a human enjoying nature, catching a falling star, etc? I can find bits and pieces about it, and lots of chat about the 2017 Worlds  results but not one whole, concise explanation as to...what is it all  about? 

Sorry for the text wall— I love the program, it’s a jewel, but It bothers me to not know. よろしくお願いいたします。🙇🏻‍♀️

Preface- please someone more knowledgeable correct me and explain more indepth.

No, it's not about nature at all! It's about him and his career. Unlike Seimei where he's playing a role, in H&L he's skating as himself. It's a very introspective, reflective program. He created it coming off of that devastating Boston worlds where he thought he wouldn't be able to compete again. The music is part of the theme from the 1998 Nagano Paralympics, the year/olympics he first started skating. Please, can someone better explain what I'm trying to say. I'll look for an article. 

Edit: From the H&L thread below- this is a subbed brief explanation of H&L.  I know I've seen other sources talking about how it's more personal, etc.

42 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

Can someone direct me to or provide an explanation as to what Mr Hanyu was aiming for with Hope and Legacy? I seem to understand it’s about nature, and he was thinking about wind and trees, but is there an article or interview where it is stated what exactly he was trying to express? Is HE the wind, trees, nature, etc? Is he just a human enjoying nature, catching a falling star, etc? I can find bits and pieces about it, and lots of chat about the 2017 Worlds  results but not one whole, concise explanation as to...what is it all  about? (I don’t ask for much. Lol)

Sorry for the text wall— I love the program, it’s a jewel.  よろしくお願いいたします。🙇🏻‍♀️

" It has some Japanese melody line, things that are in nature, the wind, the trees, the water; I would like to express these things of nature. In this sense, it is also connected to last year’s exhibition 'Requiem of Heaven and Earth’; so for the free, I want to gather together all the things I have experienced until now, and level it up further."

Taken from https://www.google.com/amp/s/yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/153073329397/part-2-of-ice-jewels-vol4-special-interview/amp

3 hours ago, TallyT said:

Sorry, that costume of Shoma's is more hideous than anything Yuzuru's ever been criticised for....

The costume itself isn't bad at all :( I think it's better than some of Yuzuru's. Imagine Shoma in Yuzuru's R&J 2.0 :slinkaway:. Some of Yuzuru's bad costumes looked less hideous on him than on others because he can pull them off better thank to his beautiful body lines and charisma. 

5 minutes ago, wpisces said:

Imagine Shoma in Yuzuru's R&J 2.0 :slinkaway:.

{Thinks about it}

{Winces and reaches for brain bleach}

{thinks of Yuzuru in Shoma's new one}

{Empties the brain bleach in desperate attempt to stop thinking}

Nope.  For me, this one of Shoma's is still worse.