General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Sombreuil said:

Let me be brutal - I think he knows he has the rest of his life to visit those places/ go to a game etcetc but only a few years in which he can do what he hopes to on the ice in competition.  So he's focused on that and at 23 I'd say it's his choice.

Yes, I think this is it. 

He is entirely focused on skating and his career. If he wants to visit places, there'll be time after all of this is over. If he doesn't, there'll be time for whatever he does want. In any case, as long as these are his choices, that he is content with, then I don't see an issue. It's his life, not ours. 

I think there was a photo of a restoran he visits in Toronto in some magazine, so it's not like he literally saw nothing between TCC and his flat in Toronto. Anyway, I agree that Yuzu has now another priorities in life other than sightseeing (good for us)), so I don't see a problem here. I don't think Yuzu is less strong-minded person off-ice, so if he really wanted smth he'll go for it.

It isn’t fair at all to compare Yuzu’s life with regular people that lead regular lives or even with fellow skaters. (How many of them have achieved two OGMs?) I know fans worry out of concern that he might be missing out but there’s no point in comparing what we know of Yuzu’s life (which in itself won’t be a comprehensive representation of his reality) with our own. And while that probably applies to any person’s life it applies even more to Yuzu because he lives such an extraordinary life and has such extraordinary goals. I am sure getting an OGM can’t compare to visiting the Niagara falls and he might just not be interested in such things. 

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Let me be brutal - I think he knows he has the rest of his life to visit those places/ go to a game etcetc but only a few years in which he can do what he hopes to on the ice in competition.  So he's focused on that and at 23 I'd say it's his choice.

Yep. Cuz once he leaves, his records are there to be broken (or as Mr Button put it “tie”).

49 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think there was a photo of a restoran he visits in Toronto in some magazine, so it's not like he literally saw nothing between TCC and his flat in Toronto. Anyway, I agree that Yuzu has now another priorities in life other than sightseeing (good for us)), so I don't see a problem here. I don't think Yuzu is less strong-minded person off-ice, so if he really wanted smth he'll go for it.

I remember that too, so he sometimes goes out in Toronto and we know he's sometimes gone out for groceries too LOL. Also, iirc he's been to some park in Toronto, so maybe he's just more interested in nature than in buidings and streets (possibly nature he can easily reach from his home :laughing: so not to detract precious time from all he has to do, between training and university and music and games, things he really enjoys). As for Niagara, I would go there asap but I am a sucker for everything involving water AND heights :shrug:  iirc Yuzu said he doesn't like heights, so Niagara falls with all the noise and the height could be very close to his nightmare...

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

I know this must have been posted in the event thread, but look!

The newly regained 4T!

:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

Gotta love him! :1:

His extra ordinary goals are taking the centre of his life at the moment and that is not going to change any time soon. Going out or staying in, one thing I want for him is that he uses his spare time to do whatever he'd like to enjoy or relax. Niagara Falls is there for hundreds and thousands of years so whenever Yuzu decides to go at later time in his life, I'm sure it is still there. No worries! Sightseeing in Toronto does not have his priorities at the moment and I think that is it.

His current life style is pretty much built around figure skating ever since he's very young. In a documentary, school aged Yuzu was stating that he does not/cannot play with schoolmates because of his training after school everyday. He said 'That is fine by me' and I thought that is really an extra ordinary for a very young child to say. And if as a result, Yuzu become socially isolated, that is because of the decision that he made at a very young age. Not many people can stick to something that they've decided so long ago. His commitment for figure skating is the very foundation of his achievements. His competition days bound him to the life he's leading right now.

I also imagine that because of his popularity,  the demand from the media or the organisations that he has obligations to is much higher than any other figure skaters. Ice shows, interviews with media, TV CMs and so on, they all take up a lot of his time wherever he goes. Not just that, he does his university studies and assignments within his free time as well. So I want to say let him be whatever he wants to be whenever he does not have to be HANYU YUZURU the legendary figure skater :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: People forget that he is a human being and his 'me time' should be left alone. Being popular and famous has it's price but he should not have to be subjected for scrutiny on his free time. If he spends solid 12 hr non-stop game playing, I'd say good for him! Just as long as he enjoys  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I am sure that his life will take its natural course whenever he decides to change his priorities. If that is his other work or his personal life needs more attention or time, he will give that. As a fan, my only wish is his health and happiness wherever he is and whatever he decides to do. He's already given us fans so much happiness and joy so I am just grateful for his very existence in my ordinary life :10636614:

On 13/03/2018 at 11:33 AM, kaeryth said:

He's doing e-course at Waseda University studying Human Informatics and Cognitive Sciences. He talks about it a bit on his NNN documentary (@ around 5:00)

Reveal hidden contents

@Ceruniasthis was the link I think.  In any event, even if it wasn't part of his course I'm sure the university would be happy to help such an illustrious student, and he's far too intelligent to use some dubious internet source when he has the resources of Waseda to draw upon.

18 hours ago, LucyH said:

He would definitely be able to go incognito in Toronto. 

Anyone can go incognito in Toronto. It's not like most Torontonians expect to see celebs on the street and keep an eye out. Plus, your average Canadian's reaction to seeing a celebrity is closer to 'let's not bother them, pretend you don't notice' than to act all star-struck and ask for photos or autographs.