General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, wpisces said:

It's not the matter. The matter is that he might feel disrespected if Brian didn't tell him about Boyang beforehand. Anyway I will trust only Yuzuru words if he is ever asked about this in the future. At this point, we don't know what happened.

Considering the meeting at Yuzu's apartment was in April and the coaching arrangement with Boyang is announced in late May, we cannot say that Yuzu's not being notified beforehand, isn't it?

Also, one of the thing that I admire so much about Yuzu is his humbleness. With the way he is, it is hard to imagine that he will feel disrespected or any of that. Let's also remember that Brian as a professional coach has right to take on other students.

When this new arrangement proves to be not satisfactory for Yuzu or Brian in the future, they can always talk it out. But it is a possibility and not a certainty, so just leave it for now.

16 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Considering the meeting at Yuzu's apartment was in April and the coaching arrangement with Boyang is announced in late May, we cannot say that Yuzu's not being notified beforehand, isn't it?

Also, one of the thing that I admire so much about Yuzu is his humbleness. With the way he is, it is hard to imagine that he will feel disrespected or any of that. Let's also remember that Brian as a professional coach has right to take on other students.

When this new arrangement proves to be not satisfactory for Yuzu or Brian in the future, they can always talk it out. But it is a possibility and not a certainty, so just leave it for now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he told Yuzu about Boyang and Med at the same time.

I think Yuzu will embrace the whole situation and try to make most of the arrangement. Wether BOser 'told' or 'asked' Yuzu, I'd like to believe Brian's a decent/reasonable guy and did things to ensure the people involved feel comfortable enough.

Yuzu loves to compete and from his previous quote, he'd like everyone to give good performances and he would most love to battle through such competitions and come out victorious. He will take on any challenges in terms of figure skating including rule changes so having direct competitor in the same rink would not affect him as much as other skaters would be.

I'll take Hersh's article with a pinch of smelling salts. The guy just can't help being blunt object /knife/tool :meditationf:

here, have a Yuzu-kitten comparison to lighten the mood :10636614:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Quintuple jump is Go-kaiten jump (5回転ジャンプ) 

Twitter hashtag is #羽生くんの画像をアップすると近い構図の猫の画像が送られてくる

:kitty:

thank you :thanks:

also, more questions for our glossary:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

1. Anyone has one of those pics with all those magazine covers featuring the White T-shirt?:devilYuzu:
  2. Is Jedi Yuzu a thing or not? (re: FaOI 2018 OP costume)
  3. Is Prince Yuzu a thing or not? (re: FaOI 2018 finale costume)
  4. is the hip roll a thing? (re: the attempt at a sexy move in Vertigo)
  5. do we call the sideways lunge pistol pose?
  6. do we ever use WL for White Legend?
  7. should we add the Ugly gloves? LOL I'm getting carried away:laughing:

Also, should we have something like "FS commentators, journalists &photographers, coaches and other significant people in Yuzu's life?" For example P.Hersh and Minoru Sano could go there, if we want (or even add some of the most common nicknames for other skaters? It would be only very marginally related but it could go under "general skatink lingo")

34 minutes ago, Msyloves said:

What do you mean about "brand of journalism"? I'm sorry I'm a new fan so I only get my Hanyu news from here and Twitter.

It's not my tweet. But Phil basically likes to create drama and often quotes selectively. He is also a person who says one thing and later "suddenly" change his mind. Before Olympics he said that he will consider Yuzuru as GOAT if he wins his second title. Of course he was sure that injured Yuzuru will lose. But Yuzuru won and Hersh decided that Yuzu needs third Olympic title to be a GOAT... Or he tweeted that Brian told him that Yuzuru will continue until Beijing but it wasn't mentioned in the article. Also he was commenting (together with TSL) that Brian will never coach Jason because he isn't good enough for Brian... But now he is silent about it. I also remember that there were ice network articles with mistranslated (or worded in strange way) quotes from Yuzuru.

29 minutes ago, LadyLou said:
  • is the hip roll a thing? (re: the attempt at a sexy move in Vertigo)
  • do we call the sideways lunge pistol pose?

Now I don't know about the others, but these two are definitely A Thing :smiley-laughing021:

Rereading this quote:

"I didn't really ask [Hanyu] for permission," Orser said. "I just threw it out there to get his reaction, and I didn't really get one. I'm sure if there was an issue, I would have heard about it by now."

It sounds like the following exchange happened:

Phil Hersh: Did you have to ask Yuzu for permission to train Boyang?

Brian: I didn't really ask for permission per se (thinking: who's the coach here?) but I just threw the idea out to him to see if he had any objections. (I.e. "Boyang wants to train at TCC, what do you think?" Yuzu: "Oh okay.") I'm sure if there was an issue, he would have mentioned it.

Phil Hersh's quick-quotes quill: Brian says he didn't bother to ask Yuzu for permission. Seems like he's taking a different approach with Yuzu than he did with Javi...stay tuned for more drama.

52 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

It sounds like the following exchange happened:

Phil Hersh: Did you have to ask Yuzu for permission to train Boyang?

Brian: I didn't really ask for permission per se (thinking: who's the coach here?) but I just threw the idea out to him to see if he had any objections. (I.e. "Boyang wants to train at TCC, what do you think?" Yuzu: "Oh okay.") I'm sure if there was an issue, he would have mentioned it.

Phil Hersh's quick-quotes quill: Brian says he didn't bother to ask Yuzu for permission. Seems like he's taking a different approach with Yuzu than he did with Javi...stay tuned for more drama.

He's Rita Skeeter of figure skating world...

I have a funny mental image of Yuzuru doing spiral battles with Jason at TCC. That's the reason he was doing a spiral while holding Satoko's hand at FaOI. He was trying to absorb her spiral powers to prepare for future battles :smiley-laughing021:

3 hours ago, Floria said:

It seems that Brian didn't ask Yuzu about Boyang coming to TCC. 

I am not going to overthink what he said, but still...it is not how I expected it to be.

I'm also surprised that Brian hasn't spoken much with Boyang yet either.  from the sounds of it, even though this is an unprecedented move by the Chinese, they may be trying to handle it in a very controlled way, as is fairly common for them. Makes me madly curious to be a fly on the wall at TCC right now. 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

OTOH, I think it would be hard for Yuzu to say no regardless. If Brian doesn't take Boyang, Boyang will go somewhere else for the next 4 years, and it's a lost opportunity for him to invest in a skater with clearly insane amount of potential. And Yuzu doesn't even know if he'll continue or retire after 1 season or 4 more seasons, so he would probably feel that it's not his place to say no.

My impression of Yuzu is that he probably also would think it wrong to object to Boyang coming, thereby holding him back from improving...Hanyu seems like the kind of guy that would encourage all of his competitors to reach for the stars, just so that he can beat them all at a higher level...

28 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

wonder who is gonna take care of Javi if he decides to go for another European Championship gold. TCC is too crowded now

Tracy has always worked a lot with Javi so it'll probably be her. 

17 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

I wonder who is gonna take care of Javi if he decides to go for another European Championship gold. TCC is too crowded now.

They'll find room for him. Just for Europeans, he might train mostly while the others are doing Nationals. And after Nationals, some might stay home a bit longer (thinking of Yuzu, mostly, if he's really not that fired up anymore; wouldn't be the first time, either), so there'd be more time. But either way, they'll find room for him, somehow. I'm more curious about his approach if the new rules get approved. But that's OT here.