General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Yeah, lots of athletes and their coaches are very economical with the truth. By not revealing the truth and behaving in a confident manner, Yuzu and Brian piled up pressure on their rivals. 

Thank goodness for Javi playing along. 

Yes, they all played it great. I'm still amazed.

I think it might have been a lie Yuzu had to tell himself, as well. Also, it's a lot harder to fight something when everyone around you is all omg, omg. The fewer people know, the easier it is to remain calm, I think. If that makes sense. Imagine if it was publicly known, fans would worry, press would ask about it all the time, even other skaters and coaches and staff would watch him closely, either freaking out or just curious, but it'd get extra negative attention and make it harder for him to fight it.

Everything Yuzuru and his team did at Olys were well planned, from the Orser interview right before the Team event to the 1st practice. An exellent plan and show how experience his team is. It turn out they're right. 

As for the SP, I expected a WR as well, even with a lost level spin. In other disciplines, they gave WR once the top contender skate clean. But well, its not a big problem, he won and that's all matter. 

18 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I understand him ...Imagine if he was going out there to say that Yuzu is still in pain ... no way he could do this! 

18 minutes ago, Fay said:

Yeah, lots of athletes and their coaches are very economical with the truth. By not revealing the truth and behaving in a confident manner, Yuzu and Brian piled up pressure on their rivals. 

Thank goodness for Javi playing along. 

I absolutely agree, but he's still a lying liar. I would absolutely have done the same in his place and it's a good thing I wasn't in his place because it would've been very difficult to be convincing when crying fifty buckets.

I love Brian and his team the more for being able to keep up faces and lie. It must have been an exhausting experience. I heard that Tracy broke down in tears after the Olympics were over for them - is that true? 

26 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Wasn't one of his spins marked down a level in his SP at PC - which probably would have just about been the difference from having a new WR?

The change foot combination spin got level 3 at the Olympics - that cost him around half a point, and at the Olympics he got lower GOE for every element except for the 3A (+3 GOE at both events) and the step sequence. His PCS was also lower at the Olympics by 0.05.

I think except for the 4T-3T he could have got higher GOE and also higher components, but he skated as the first skater in the last group which might have affected his scores (just like it did in Helsinki). But what matters is that their plan worked very well and Yuzu won the gold medal.

1 minute ago, Fay said:

I love Brian and his team the more for being able to keep up faces and lie. It must have been an exhausting experience. I heard that Tracy broke down in tears after the Olympics were over for them - is that true? 

It's so odd to think of Tracy in tears, she's usually so composed and in control. 

I love them for doing whatever it took to make sure that Yuzu didn't have more pressure on him than he had to. It wasn't an unfair advantage, it was only negating an unfair disadvantage, when he was already at, what, fifty percent? 

Oh dear.

Where are those fifty buckets? I need them now!

There are times when I'm thankful for excel sheet work to distract me from the information pouring out of this thread.

(I'm somewhat glad we as fans didn't know the full extent of it until afterwards- we'd probably have fainting cases if we did know)

Just now, Xen said:

There are times when I'm thankful for excel sheet work to distract me from the information pouring out of this thread.

(I'm somewhat glad we as fans didn't know the full extent of it until afterwards- we'd probably have fainting cases if we did know)

The Planet would have eaten their fingernails right to the their bones...

Personally, I didn't believe he had healed so quickly... and then hearing that he was fine? It was great to hear, but I was not entirely convinced. 

It was another lesson where people can overcome things on the strength of will and mind (and painkillers), alone. 

3 minutes ago, liv said:

Personally, I didn't believe he had healed so quickly... and then hearing that he was fine? It was great to hear, but I was not entirely convinced. 

It was another lesson where people can overcome things on the strength of will and mind (and painkillers), alone. 

Well I would have bought 60% recovery, but it seems he recovered less and slower than I had thought (even in a close to worst case scenario).

Jump Sequences: a proposed new definition: a jump sequence consists of 2 (two) jumps of any number of revolutions, beginning with any jump, immediately followed by an Axel type jump with a direct step from the landing curve of the first jump to the take-off curve of the Axel jump.

Am I reading this correctly?  Does this mean that the second element in a jump sequence MUST be an Axel?  Above is a cut-and-paste directly from the ISU website.  If this is what it seems to say jump sequences are about to become theoretically very very difficult, with Yuzu the only one who can go into a 3A directly the only one who can benefit from it (recognizing that there are two easier Axel jumps before you get to a 3A).  If this is the case there are going to be a lot of skaters (meaning, like ALL of them) and their coaches rethinking how to handle jump combinations.