General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, ajnats said:

Basic and lazy. There's more about Pooh and how old his fans are than there is about him. I appreciate them mentioning his beauty though! 

Sounds to me this is mostly about what she observed.  Doesn't seem like she was granted a sit down interview to ask him anything.  Also, I don't expect much from ESPN where the audience is a majority of the people to who have no idea who he is. The first thing they see is Pooh and the fans so that's naturally what will be discussed.  I'll be looking for it on the newsstand over lunch since I still generally appreciate what we can find on him in English.    

9 minutes ago, ajnats said:

@Danibellerika Yes, that's understandable. I think I expected more because the feature was mentioned a couple of times before and because the author actually went to Japan to research, but all she wrote can be found by googling him. 

I guess, but she appears to be writing about her own experience and quotes people she talked to herself which adds a little more authenticity. 

26 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Interesting how his search score is about double of the average, and about 2/3 of the Ronaldo "baseline" of 100. By search score, he ranks 19th.

I'm surprised they couldn't estimate his endorsements, given that after Sochi, Forbes was able to come up with a "worth" of $2m, which undoubtedly would be in part influenced by the value of endorsements.

17 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Social following: 0 :smiley-laughing021: I'm sorry, but found this so funny. There was only one other athlete on this list also with zero.

Endorsements: N/A :biggrin: 

His stats are the least complete of all the athletes, like it's either zero or unavailable :laughing:

13 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

Social following: 0 :smiley-laughing021: I'm sorry, but found this so funny. There was only one other athlete on this list also with zero.

Endorsements: N/A :biggrin: 

His stats are the least complete of all the athletes, like it's either zero or unavailable :laughing:

Well, most of the time we are "?????" about him regarding many many aspects...