General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, kiches said:

Yes, I believe POTO is really popular in Japan. In Aoi Hono 2, Yuzu mentions he saw the movie when he was in middle school and had wanted to skate to it ever since. The first time I saw Phantom was the 2004 movie as well, and I loved it immediately.

Clearly he wasn't the only skater who thought this way because both Kanako and Takahito both chose to do Phantom as well (with Kanako using it for both programs in the same season and Mura redoing the program this past season).

Since this topic came up I ended up looking up a Japanese version of the songs, and it's a little different but feels so familiar!

Since Yuzu is (was ?) good friends with mura and kanako, I've always been under the impression that they "coordinated" a PotO team Japan back then :)

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

This is a really old photo. :)

Grizzle grizzle grizzle...

4 hours ago, Sammie said:

Im #3 most of the time #1 when I see Yuzu skates and #2 when he finishes. 

...I feel like I'm being wound up...and then when all the FaoI stuff comes out, it'll be like an anti-climax...so which Yuzuru am I out of those nine from the Olympic channel tweet above? Right now, #3, #7, and #9.

No news is good news I guess?

46 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I came here to post this too :laughing:

If there's anyone coming to Tokyo this weekend for Fantasy on Ice Makuhari, you can see Yuzu's skating boots acquired by Samantha Thavasa via charity auction in one of their branches "Samantha Thavasa Anniversary" in Soramachi, a shopping mole adjacent to Tokyo Skytree.

Tokyo Soramachi
http://www.tokyo-solamachi.jp/english/

*The skating boots will be there until June 3rd.

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

ISU coming through

ISU.... whichever you think you are, I can assure we are all 3 when it comes to you. And often we're 7 at some of your more ridiculous choices. 

Does ISU have an official Youtube or vids account? The Olympics channel commits a mistake of uploading programs weeks, months, and years late, but perhaps ISU is the biggest fool if they don't upload programs at all. (If so, I can understand why FS is so hard to promote in this century. :rolleyes: Other sports at least have highlights as well.)

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

Im #3 most of the time #1 when I see Yuzu skates and #2 when he finishes. 

I feel like they wasted an opportunity to use so many of his best meme faces for this. Like, the Planet's sticker collection alone has so many worthy ones :laughing:

And today I'm a 3, definitely a 3. Come Friday and FaOI though, it'll be a 5 really quick! :party2: