General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Watch Yuzu come out of the gate swinging at his first comp and land a freaking Nessie. 

(I kid I kid... But also.... not really....But yeah I do know it's like super unlikely.....)

You jest but I have to warn you that he has a pattern of landing a new jump in his first competition trying that jump with positive GOEs (and then botching it up in subsequent comps...)

Truly chaotic evil... :peek:

6 hours ago, Huiqi said:

Speaking of 5T, I think Yuzu has the perfect body to land it... I wonder if he knows that if he puts his forearms on top of one another like what Boyang and Nathan do when rotating in the air (instead of touching his fists at the centre of his chest), he can spin faster than any of them...

I've always thought that his arm position in his jumps were odd because they seem rather loose.  He could continue clasping in the middle and just bring his elbows tighter to his body.  But then it occurred to me that maybe he would rotate too fast for most of his jumps and he would lose control or over rotate.  I imagine it would be really difficult to adjust the timing of a delayed rotation between quads and triples and I don't think he wants to lose the size of his jumps which are the only options I can think of.  Maybe that's one of the things they're looking at when he was talking about rebuilding the axel though it seems like his strategy is to build more muscle so he can get more height and distance.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

so fast :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

As Brian says.... Yuzu loves to skate fast....

Also, can you imagine the kind of programme he would be capable of now if he didn't have to conserve strength for quads and jumps? How his spins and step sequences would be? Gosh... watching this made me want to see him do a truly fast paced, competition level complexity ex!!

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I wonder what he liked so much about POTO? Did he like the broadway musical? Did he even see it? :biggrin: (omg)

Sorry for bringing topic back.

Afaik POTO is quite popular in Japan and has a long run at Takarazuka (I don't know about right now, but 10-12 years ago the musical was running there), so Yuzu could hear the music somewhere and see the movie as well. I doubt he saw the show at theatre as, i think, he said at one point that he's never been to live concerts, and maybe it's applied to shows as well?

(As a fan of POTO myself I personally don't question his wish to skate to it :biggrin:)

21 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Sorry for bringing topic back.

Afaik POTO is quite popular in Japan and has a long run at Takarazuka (I don't know about right now, but 10-12 years ago the musical was running there), so Yuzu could hear the music somewhere and see the movie as well. I doubt he saw the show at theatre as, i think, he said at one point that he's never been to live concerts, and maybe it's applied to shows as well?

(As a fan of POTO myself I personally don't question his with to skate to it :biggrin:)

Yes, I believe POTO is really popular in Japan. In Aoi Hono 2, Yuzu mentions he saw the movie when he was in middle school and had wanted to skate to it ever since. The first time I saw Phantom was the 2004 movie as well, and I loved it immediately.

Clearly he wasn't the only skater who thought this way because both Kanako and Takahito both chose to do Phantom as well (with Kanako using it for both programs in the same season and Mura redoing the program this past season).

Since this topic came up I ended up looking up a Japanese version of the songs, and it's a little different but feels so familiar!

12 minutes ago, golden said:

im no.3 and 7 seeing them still use his name for those sweet social media impressions :P 

i guess it works though :rofl:

They must be missing all the likes and rts :laughing: I don’t really care tbh. I miss seeing his face on my tl anyways.