General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, GraceAndPower said:

I was thinking of this, I actually started compiling a list of terms a while ago, very incomplete, just for ideas of categories, but haven't gotten around to posting it anywhere yet!

Hide contents

The list as of right now (and there are a few terms I still don't get, like "kya kya wa wa" :laughing:):

Yazunori Abu
Zazura Hanya

Max and Angelo
Hersh
Eteri
Nanami
Nobu
P Chiddy
Boyang Man

Yuzuvier

kya kya wa wa
Poohvalanche
swan bag
zusaaa pose
kuyashi

boobskirt
angry seaweed
PPoS
UA

ISU
PC
SP, FS
3A
Nessie
BV
GOE
PCS

JSF
JOC
TSL

POTO
H&L

FaOI

IdF

fanyu
satellite
cacti
water us

planet
alien
antenna

a quad is a very long time

image training

splatfest

r*t*r*m*nt

Also, I'm always amused by the stuff that's supposedly less specific but that I haven't really seen used in other fandoms:

• soft
  • squishy
  • SNS
  • fluffs
  • Cr.
  • CMs
  • wholesome
  • having a concern

Should we call this new language - or dialect - Fanyuese? :biggrin:

A wiki would probably be best if we wanted to do this. Or a shared Google Doc?

that's a nice list, a separate thread would be very useful!

kya kya wa wa were Yuzu's words when he encouraged the audience to cheer for him at CiONTU before Parisiene Walkways (oh, PW is missing from the list too :D)

btw, I also don't know what a zusaaa pose is ?

As for fandom speech, I've seen soft, squishy, wholesome... etc, used in some other fandoms too. And I'm guessing we picked up CM/SNS from the Japanese fandom.

4 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

that's a nice list, a separate thread would be very useful!

kya kya wa wa were Yuzu's words when he encouraged the audience to cheer for him at CiONTU before Parisiene Walkways (oh, PW is missing from the list too :D)

btw, I also don't know what a zusaaa pose is ?

As for fandom speech, I've seen soft, squishy, wholesome... etc, used in some other fandoms too. And I'm guessing we picked up CM/SNS from the Japanese fandom.

I think the zusaaa pose is that move he does in LGC where he slid on one of his knees. 

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I think the zusaaa pose is that move he does in LGC where he slid on one of his knees. 

Ah ok, I searched on planet and found examples

On 25/11/2017 at 10:32 AM, ralucutzagy said:

:10742290::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::10742290::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::10742290:

Zusaa!!! 

On 10/07/2017 at 5:20 PM, ralucutzagy said:

off ice zusaa :dancingpooh:

:13877886::13877886::13877886:

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1: I passed my first Japanese final tonight, all bc of one (1) Yuzuru Hanyu.

I was gonna learn Italian. It would have been great for work and holidays and stuff. Instead there was this crazy beautiful young man skating like he was everyting and I just... ended up here lol. I started laughing when my teacher asked why I wanted to learn Japanese. ”I like figure skating and Yuzuru Hanyu” is so much easier to say than I NEED TO UNDERSTAND CLIPS FROM JAPANESE MORNING TV GODDAMMIT. Anyway, it never would have happened without this forum, all y’all and Yuzu inspired me, so thank you! :devilYuzu:

2 hours ago, moonkat said:

and also a 4F because why not?

Meanwhile, Nathan puts a hold on Yale to chase 5T. 

Shoma asks if there is room in Rafeal's group. A scandal in Japan. like Evgenia, rises. Shoma is accused of sleeping when he could be training. 

Then 15-yr old wonder boy, who may or may not be Gogolev, lands 5T

It is as good as Sasha's 4T

Eteri comments he might not keep the jump as he grows

14 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Nah, that's not worth it then. 

5F! Go big or go home, Yuzuru's motto for the Flip :biggrin:

this reminds me of this thread

ah, it feels like yesterday that we made crazy predictions about the season...before it turned into a nightmare :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:we were like sweet summer children, weren't we?:13877886:

(well, at least there were some good things:0006::winner:)

Where should we open the thread for Fanyu vocabulary?

Should it be pinned?

Maybe it could be like the one @KatjaThera made for Yuzuru's chances at the Olympics where everyone made contribution and then everything was compiled in the first posts? (or like @GraceAndPower suggested)

Could we call it something like The Great Glittery Glossary Thread? :smiley-scared008:  sorry I'm not good at making up names...:smiley-scared003:

AND we can't forget to add the shu and pa and all the Yuzu onomatopoeias!!!

11 minutes ago, cirelle said:

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1: I passed my first Japanese final tonight, all bc of one (1) Yuzuru Hanyu.

I was gonna learn Italian. It would have been great for work and holidays and stuff. Instead there was this crazy beautiful young man skating like he was everyting and I just... ended up here lol. I started laughing when my teacher asked why I wanted to learn Japanese. ”I like figure skating and Yuzuru Hanyu” is so much easier to say than I NEED TO UNDERSTAND CLIPS FROM JAPANESE MORNING TV GODDAMMIT. Anyway, it never would have happened without this forum, all y’all and Yuzu inspired me, so thank you! :devilYuzu:

:congratualtions::grouphug:

Skaters who are participating in FaOI have started posting on their social media about leaving for Japan or already arriving and I'm so stupidly excited. I miss Yuzuru and his skating so much and I really can't wait until Friday. 

18 minutes ago, ajnats said:

Skaters who are participating in FaOI have started posting on their social media about leaving for Japan or already arriving and I'm so stupidly excited. I miss Yuzuru and his skating so much and I really can't wait until Friday. 

He's a ninja so the first we'll hear of it will probably be by someone accidentally posting about it lol

Oh oh ... that knee ... tilt head ... that looks familiar ... 

6 hours ago, wpisces said:

I heard that the side of ice show rink is usually smaller than competition rink. It would be scary if the rink isn't big enough for 4A ( yeah a jump that demands insane height and distance ) and he jumps out of the rink and falls into crowd :slinkaway:

I think competition rinks are 30m x 60m, ice shows often use 20m x 40m. Yuzuru himself has commented that he used ice shows to help practice for competitions after the Sendai 'quake, but found it hard because of the size differences.

6 hours ago, Huiqi said:

Not actually. Yuzu let Nanami decide his music. It was after he arrived at TCC that he started to have opinion about his FS music. Iirc, he wanted to skate to your fav-- POTO since season 2012/2013 but Brian & David Wilson said no. His wish was granted 2 seasons later.

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I wonder what he liked so much about POTO? Did he like the broadway musical? Did he even see it? :biggrin: (omg)

So my understanding was that he wanted to do PotO and Orser's interview on that subject matter seemed to suggest that when the TCC team said yes, it was with a degree of reluctance - I believe Orser's word were something on the line of "we finally had to say yes after his success at the Olympics". Which also makes me think that it would be less likely that we will see PotO2. I don't know why Orser seemed so reluctant about it, but after listening to that interview it seems that Orser seemed to believe that Yuzuru may not be able to live up to it technically - do remember that Orser has been heard in another interview to say that he thought Yuzuru skated "a bit fast" and "a bit loose" when he initially arrived at TCC (and that was Orser's explanation for why Yuzuru would sometimes "land on his bum") and that they started working back at his technical foundations initially. From that same interview, the impression I got from Orser was that Yuzuru wanted to do PotO because of the challenge that it would present. Note also that Orser has been heard in yet another interview to say that Yuzuru is the kind of person who constantly looked for a challenge to strive to meet (one of the early post-PC interviews, discussing the special training-bond between Yuzuru and Javier, and where Orser also said that he didn't know what Yuzuru's exact plans were - I heard that interview again recently as well, so I presume it was in one of the recent links in the last few pages). Of course, there is a degree of extrapolation and speculation here, particularly in the reasons why Yuzuru himself wanted to do a PotO program.

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

You never know! The quint may surprise us all and be a ! instead! Dun dun dun!

I suspect that won't be likely, since Yuzuru strikes me as a person who would not bring out a new jump unless he was reasonably satisfied that he had a high chance of landing it and more importantly, landing it properly (cf his comments after bringing out his quad loop, and then his quad lutz). But what do you think the reaction of people (fans and otherwise) would be if Yuzuru showed up at ACI with a whole program of quints and Nessie, and the whole program ended up being a carrot cake? Especially since, it seems to me, that Yuzuru's skating is held to such a high standard...

Oh...also, was Nessie on the list of terms to include in a glossary?

3 hours ago, ruruzest said:

the power of Yuzu !:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

By the way, re his Hana ni Nare costume, I don't recall any other costume with a wide sleeve where he does not have a subtle sling within the sleeve to hook around his middle finger to stop the sleeve sliding down his arm when he skates - anyone able to confirm or refute that?

1 hour ago, ajnats said:

oh would ya look at that, I randomly followed 6 people.. again :space:

now just waiting for those live :dancingpooh: