General Yuzuru Chat

Sorry for the double post, and I guess for being off-topic. It's just that I was reading some YT comments (on Yuzu's videos) and I'd like to say, I really love this planet! 

Even though I don't comment here a lot, I read every post you guys make, and I love that we can say anything here in the planet and have a proper discussion about it. (Most of the time, by the time I caught up on a topic, other satellites have already said what I wanted to say, so I leave the explaining to them.) There are perspectives that I agree with, but those that I don't, I take in with an open mind. I'm really interested in knowing different views on things. It helps broaden my horizon. I'm glad we feel comfortable enough to share our thoughts, even if it might sound silly to others. And I'm glad that even though it might sound silly to other satellites, they don't make fun of the satellite who brought it up. I was just reminded of these things because of the rude comments in YT. 

So again, thank you for this home planet! 

(What happened with the emoticons? There aren't any. Or is it just in mine?) 

5 時間前, yuzuponさんが言いました:

Hmm, I've been hearing in recent years, scientific studies have been unable to confirm the supposed negative effect of MSG to the general population. I mean, if it is truly harmful, it would have been outrightly banned worldwide. It seems like the bad rep it got might not be fully justified.

In any case, too much of anything usually end badly. Too much salt is not good for hypertension-prone individual, and absolutely yucky for people who doesn't like the salty taste. I grew up with a grandma who put a pinch of ajinomoto in any soupy food she made. I never felt any different eating those compare to eating her other food. 

Also, Ajinomoto is a company producing many different food-related product. As such, surely they do extensive research on the field. I am sure the food they provide Yuzu is the best and most suitable for him.

Yes, as you say, taking too much is always the problem for your health whatever it is.  And it also damages the taste of food after all, just like too much salt or sugar.  The point is, it is difficult to notice the overuse of Ajinomoto unlike salt or sugar.

Your grandma is correct.  It should be a pinch of Ajinomoto :)

People are talking about the danger of Ajinomoto here, and concluded, if you use it reasonably, it does no harm to your health.

https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2139454119075195401

Monosodium glutamate/Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

Anyway, Ajinomoto is now a general food company, and the majority of Japanese including me do not particularly remember that seasoning product when we hear the company name already. 

And, for Japanese Yuzuru fans, it is a company helping Yuzuru in nutrition before anything :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I know he trained with Frank Carol. I didnt know he actually lived in US . I thought he had a Yuzu like arrangement. 

OT His family won a greencard lottery when he was 8(?), iirc, they moved to the USA and only then did he start skating. He also switched between representing the USA and Japan. He did a "Draw My Life" but I can't seem to find it.

10 hours ago, wingman said:

Alright - my mission: The firIst competition of Yuzu that I see live, I will throw a Weetbix box on the ice. 

I hope you're not thinking about 1.2kg pack of Weetbix. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: I don't want to see anyone gets hurt...