General Yuzuru Chat

34 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

@yuzuangel @kiches I remember I read he complained the sleeves were too heavy instead :1: LOL Which is the truth?

ETA: I guess this is the #VeryImportantStuff we talk waiting for the real deal (aka FaoI madness):9:

We have our priorities, we do.

And after seeing what Shoma (or whoever clothes him) has just come up with, I am sort of on tenterhooks here.  I like most of Yuzu's (so okay, I have a soft spot for sparkly bling) but there's no getting away from it, he has a gift for OTT-to-the-max when he tries...

So this is very much OT by now, but I thought I'd share in case there are those who are still interested (plus we're in our off- week season, so anything goes, apparently :laughing:): Back at the Emperor's garden party, I was wondering about the different pronunciations for the last name 羽生, 'Hanyu' vs 'Habu.' I was randomly browsing some videos on Dailymotion today, and I found a pretty interesting video (sorry, I don't know how to embed DM vids) of a Japanese tv show that did some research into this very question. There are no subs, and my Japanese is... not the best, but broadly speaking it seems that the pronunciation depends primarily on geography, with 85% of 羽生's pronounced as 'Hanyu' and only 15% as 'Habu.' 

12 minutes ago, TallyT said:

That brekkie makes my vegemite on toast and 2 cups of nescafe look sad.....

Hang on, where's your Aussie spirit? I would take 7 weetbix with milk over Yuzu's breakfast!

Spoiler

Just kidding. But this is the diet of some athletes I knew, and they were very proud of it. 

Not only his food is balanced, nutritious etc, it looks GREAT. I wonder if this is true for all Japanese athletes, or just Yuzu?

And on the Habu vs Hanyu: that's interesting! I always thought that Habu is the default reading.

6 hours ago, TallyT said:

I read somewhere (can someone confirm?) that when Johnny Weir was designing the Romeo&Juliet2(?) costumes for him, Johnny proposed what he thought was plenty of sparkly... and Yuzu insisted on more/bigger/shinier :smiley-love017:

I must have heard wrong - I thought it was the opposite, he thought it was too sparkly and took some stones off.

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

I note "two dinners". Guess that's needed, since Yuzuru himself has said he doesn't eat a lot.

Just now, Cerunias said:

I must have heard wrong - I thought it was the opposite, he thought it was too sparkly and took some stones off.

You could be right, my memory is somewhat dodgy at the best of times.  Maybe someone else knows.

4 minutes ago, wingman said:

Hang on, where's your Aussie spirit? I would take 7 weetbix with milk over Yuzu's breakfast!

I am now mentally picturing the dear boy's face if he was faced with weetbox and vegemite on toast first thing in the morning (or indeed anytime):surprised: