General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Yuzu: Daddddd someone tried to steal my Axel

Brian: Who was it son, is that him?

Tracy: *in her mind* gosh Brian stahp spoiling the boy 

Continues Ci

*on their way to meet the dude that's trying to steal zazura's Axel*

Yuzu: dad don't forget to be intimidating okay, that person was making fun of my level 3 stsq 

Brian: He messed with stsq as well?!, YUZU HOLD THE POOH

Tracy somewhere in the back: BOTH OF YOU GET BACK HERE

lol I had nothing better to do :smiley-laughing021:

54 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Phew... lol I actually got interviewed by them at the parade (and exchanged e-mails with the reporter, because he said he wanted to stay in touch, in case there'll be another parade in four years lol) so I was afraid I'd see myself in this :1:. I'm happy they continue doing coverage of this, though. And uploading on youtube!

Actually, I think I might have seen you on TV because there was a person from your country among fans interviewed by them, but I felt the way media has been reporting on fans and spectators of the parade this time was quite normal and nice. It could be partly because many of the reporters there seemed to be working for a Sendai-based broadcaster or some other stations' Sendai branch. Many of them might have their own connection to the city and be a part of the parade themselves, but anyway, regarding the parade, media and the people gathered there to celebrate him looked like to be on the same page. The fans I saw on TV were all very straight about how they like him and how they care about him and media wasn't making fun of them. They also showed some non-fans who just wanted to see a star or a local hero but all I could feel from the reports was their sheer happiness.:laughing:  So... I think you don't need to worry too much about it.:)

4 時間前, Ceruniasさんが言いました:

Safe to say that there are those here who agree to disagree with each other's respective view. Sorry, but I didn't mean to offend: my point was more "let's not argue", and "let's not accuse". Let's be happy!! I'm just waiting for the barrage of news and pics when FaOI starts!

:2thumbsup:

Maybe we fans should remember what he said (meant).  But I don't think we should talk about or discuss it further here.

We will be able to see Yuzuru performing in a week, even if through TV News at first ! :clap:

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Phew... lol I actually got interviewed by them at the parade (and exchanged e-mails with the reporter, because he said he wanted to stay in touch, in case there'll be another parade in four years lol) so I was afraid I'd see myself in this :1:. I'm happy they continue doing coverage of this, though. And uploading on youtube!

LOL!!!! Planning ahead I see...

Hmmm I was bored and I checked out tags for Teen Choice awards for the male athlete and was pleasantly surprised that quite a lot proposed Yuzuru xD.

Also, some wild single fan of Alina proposed her multiple times with copy-paste tweets, LOL xD

And many different tweets abt Zhenya? :)

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Pretty PC gala photos click click click:

d3132516.jpg

d3132517.jpg

https://www.ettoday.net/album/photoview-21-13582-10.htm

I read that the typical figure skating costume at this level of competition costs $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 dollars to have made for them. And some spend much more than that. Since Yuzu's mother is no longer making his costumes for him, I bet costumes like the Swan cost well over $10,000.00. He clearly shelled out for this one. What do you think? $20,000.00?

47 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Hmmm I was bored and I checked out tags for Teen Choice awards for the male athlete and was pleasantly surprised that quite a lot proposed Yuzuru xD.

Also, some wild single fan of Alina proposed her multiple times with copy-paste tweets, LOL xD

And many different tweets abt Zhenya? :)

I’m guilty of some of it. Lol. For fun. Maybe he will get a surfboard maybe not. I think that what the award looks like. Maybe it’s a blimp :P

20 minutes ago, Toni said:

I read that the typical figure skating costume at this level of competition costs $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 dollars to have made for them. And some spend much more than that. Since Yuzu's mother is no longer making his costumes for him, I bet costumes like the Swan cost well over $10,000.00. He clearly shelled out for this one. What do you think? $20,000.00?

Considering the things that makes costumes shoot up in price is the stones i wouldn't be surprised. Our boy loves the shiny stones and sometimes there can seemingly never be enough haha.

26 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Considering the things that makes costumes shoot up in price is the stones i wouldn't be surprised. Our boy loves the shiny stones and sometimes there can seemingly never be enough haha.

Yeah, he loves shiny things. He even had purple sequins sewn throughout the inside of the pleats -- the part you almost never see -- for the blue Parisian Walkways costume. 

6 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Are the prices for costumes the same in the US and Japan?!!! 

$10,000.00 is more than a million yen according to Google :shocked:

I imagine so. Yep, you can buy a car for the price of a costume.  Does anyone know where he has his costumes made? Is it in Japan or Toronto or...?

14 minutes ago, Toni said:

I imagine so. Yep, you can buy a car for the price of a costume.  Does anyone know where he has his costumes made? Is it in Japan or Toronto or...?

It's usually Satomi Ito, a Japanese designer. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think she also designs costumes for other skaters in Team Japan, like Shouma. 

Edit: just checked her portfolio to confirm and yes, she designs costumes for Marin, Shouma and Rika among others :)

22 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Are the prices for costumes the same in the US and Japan?!!! 

$10,000.00 is more than a million yen according to Google :shocked:

I...don't think it costs that much. Swan costume has sequins and feathers but it's not like, made of diamonds and sapphires or anything. $3000-$5000 is more like it.