General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Maia said:

I find him to be cute in a boyish way but not handsome.

Classically handsome is probably not the right term IMO (keeping in mind that it's wildly subjective - one of the skaters currently called 'one of the most handsome' I find absolutely repellent, and no I am not saying who!). Classically handsome is Javi or Guillaume Cizeron.

Yuzu is definitely  good-looking, and me, I do think he can be called bloody gorgeous (of course, large eyes in a triangular, almost kittenish face tends to do it for me anyway), but he has such a mobile face that he can look adorably cute, stunningly fierce, childishly fragile, dorkily goofy, nearly every adjective you can think of... and then utterly, breathtaking beautiful. And all in a flash of time, it seems sometimes.  Certainly he is visually magnetic, the first time I saw a video with him in, there were at least 10-12 skaters in the frame and who did I stare right at?

Yep.

(Sorry for blathering, I was just harvesting some of the breathtaking ones and it inspired me...)

55 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Wait, you can't say not to Yuzu wanting to take a shower? What does that mean?

Something about how the schedule for the shoot was pretty tight but Yuzu came in and asked if there's a shower and can he take a shower, and the staff said that it's pretty impossible to say no to him when he runs in and smiles and asks something, so they managed to squeeze in a shower for him despite the tight schedule. 

Off the top of my head, I don't remember the exact details and stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Summer said:

No matter what words people use to describe Hanyu's looks I find him perfect as he is.
I sincerely hope he doesn't get any ideas of changing his appearance surgically. That would make me very sad indeed.

As the old sayings go:

true beauty is within...

...and...

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

There's too much emphasis nowadays on the superficial, on the outward appearance. So what if you look like a plastic Ken or Barbie? If you're rotten to the core inside, you might as well be Snow White's (or Cinderella's) wicked stepmother...and we all know how they ended up...

I love Yuzu's eyes, they really fit him and monolids are so pretty :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:I'm not going to lie, his looks are one of the things that at first glance caught my attention. I find him very handsome. He's masculine in such a strong but subtle and alluring way, it just does things to me. 

He has also changed the way i look at Japanese men, i used to find Koreans and the Chinese much more attractive, but now i've realized the Japanese's charm so to speak haha. Although i still prefer the Korean way of styling and fashion (this is all generalized of course). 

About the eyes, as someone with a double lid I find his eyes very attractive, I was watching a video just recently where I noticed how striking they looked and how the shape of his eyes made it seem like he was wearing ~ winged ~ eyeliner (Ci), I screencapped but I can't find the picture now *kicks self for not shitposting about it on twitter as I usually do*

7 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Brian said that he didn't think they'd stay in contact with each other after Javi retired.  Hard to believe that they could be so warm toward each other but mean so little 

Hmm, do you happen to have a source of that? I'm curious what was Brian's wording.

To be honest, I can see them not staying in contact much once Javi leaves Toronto, but I don't think that means they meant little to each other.

It reminds me a bit of Johnny and Stephane's situation, I don't think these two constantly text each other or anything either, but they both said that once they're reunited at ice shows etc, it's always special :)

On 18.5.2018 at 8:24 AM, KatjaThera said:

Well, the fact that I - and not just me, judging by the people who liked my post - disagree with your interpretation means it's really not as obvious as you say.

I'm sure this resonates with something from your own experience and I respect that. You are entitled to your opinion. However, it is not a fact. And my only issue was your initial outrage that other fans were ignoring the topic and your 'call to arms' against those you assume censored him, without any proof whatsoever. I and other fans - with whom the topic probably resonates less strongly or not at all - don't think it's as clear cut as that and that doing anything about it - aside from maybe a polite inquiry, if it really bothers you - could do more harm than good. That was my point. I'm not trying to convince you of anything other than that there are other perspectives. The simple existence of which proves things aren't as obvious as they seem to you.

This isn't "a matter of opinion;" he said what he said. Nothing more. There is nothing to "interpret." It isn't me who's reading into this, and having "likes" doesn't change facts. I haven't tried to interpret his words in any way, yet you continue to claim I have. Listen to his words; they mean exactly what they mean.

Yuzu said he'd been bullied by media and his fans were bullied on-line. He said it hurt so much he wanted to die at first, but he came through it with our help, and he's fine now. He didn't want to share the details, so he obviously doesn't want anyone to speculate or dig up the past. He only wanted to be heard as he thanked us for being there for him; and he hoped we would essentially be kind and continue to defend each-other. It was a simple message. How is it up for "interpretation?" 

Is this how "alternative facts" get started? Sometimes a banana is just a banana, no matter how many people "like" the idea that represents something else. 

On 18.5.2018 at 9:20 AM, OonsieHui said:

Fact: Yuzu said what he said. (I won't repeat it here) 

Fact: Yuzu brought up the issue of dealing with bad press with Plushenko

Fact: Yuzu said this on the third day. Yuzu knew that the third day was broadcasted. 

Extrapolation: Yuzu said it on the third day specifically because he knew it was the broadcast day. 

Extrapolation: Yuzu brought it up with Plushenko so that he would also bring it up at the end of the show 

Extrapolation: Yuzu wanted this to be something reported and talked about

To my mind, there is fact, and then there is speculation. There are other extrapolations any of us could draw up to fit said facts. Doesn't make them true though. 

Like someone before me has said, there is nothing wrong with some speculation, as long as all involved acknowledges that that is all it is. Yuzu's experiences and words resonate with us all differently, in our different backgrounds and circumstance and it's fine to share that. That's part of why we have this community. He is an inspiration and we all learn so much from him. But I personally draw the line when any of us begin to say that this or that is what Yuzu meant/wanted unless he himself explicitly says so. 

Well said!