General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

what is this

It basically says that single-fold eyelids are an evolution of the double eyelids occured in order to survive the Ice age.

Also the eyelashes that lean down are to protect the eyes from the cold air (they work like blinds).

The conclusion is that Yuzu fits perfectly in this definition of evolved form of human being :scratch2:

11 minutes ago, guswi said:

It basically says that single-fold eyelids are an evolution of the double eyelids occured in order to survive the Ice age.

Also the eyelashes that lean down are to protect the eyes from the cold air (they work like blinds).

The conclusion is that Yuzu fits perfectly in this definition of evolved form of human being :scratch2:

OMG my right eye is double folded and left is single folded. So does that mean I am half way stuck in the evolution process and thus have to pay the price of thicker eyeliner on the left every morning? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:life is so unfair!

16 minutes ago, guswi said:

Is the association then that Yuzu spends a lot of time on the ice + he skates around fast (so there's lots of cold air moving)...?

Poor Yuzu, he's being dragged into poor demonstrations of evolutionary biology. 

17 minutes ago, guswi said:

LOL.  Maybe Yuzu has become so influential that he'll start changing Japanese beauty standards.  As an Asian with monolids myself, I've always hated how East Asians overwhelmingly favor the double eyelids to the point of being the number 1 plastic surgery.  Didn't Yuzu say in some interview that he didn't consider himself attractive partly because of his eyes?

23 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

LOL.  Maybe Yuzu has become so influential that he'll start changing Japanese beauty standards.  As an Asian with monolids myself, I've always hated how East Asians overwhelmingly favor the double eyelids to the point of being the number 1 plastic surgery.  Didn't Yuzu say in some interview that he didn't consider himself attractive partly because of his eyes?

ce870adfca52f9dcf489d38f4505bbcb.jpg

1 hour ago, kelly said:

This page is written by Hana, in charge of the website of "Ashita e tsunageyou" project of NHK. It seems that there will be a second video of "Hana wa saku - Pyeongchang ver." (the first was released on the end of March) that will be aired by the end of June and will feature Yuzu among the other Olympians+Paraolymipians.

In the comic strip she apologize to have messed up the photo moment but reassures everyone that the video was taken in 4K, that the making process has been filmed and that we should look forward to the special interview.  In the footer comments she says that Yuzu was so cool (kakkoii) and that also the composer said repeatedly "sugoi" (wow).

Sorry I'm a bit lazy to translate everything and I actually haven't followed the site recently (and never been able to catch up) so I don't even know if the first Hana wa Saku with the medalists has been discussed or if we have the video somewhere? (again, I am too lazy now to do proper research :13877886:)

5 時間前, BWOZWaltzさんが言いました:

Any dramatisation about actual person or event would have mixed review depending on who you'd ask and what you'd ask. Considering this is presented by comedian duo 'くりぃむしちゅー’, I'd imagine it is an entertainment program. Unlike a documentary which involves actual person or event, it is essentially a program providing something to watch (and enjoy) for wider audience not for a specific audience. So if you are a hard core fan of Yuzu, of course you wouldn't be satisfied with what you get from this. Seeing someone with the same hair cut, similar hight & built, same age group, etc may remind you of him but you can't help but feeling 'コレジャナイ感' (looks very similar but this is NOT IT!) 

I'd watch it just to see how cringe-provoking or I may even find something that I didn't know about... :meditationf: This program is called '掘れば掘るほどスゴイ人' (meaning deeper you dig into find out about the person, the greatness of the person gets greater) So I want to see how deeper they actually got to find out about Yuzu & his 3 months hiatus leading up to PC. 

But if you don't know or understand how Japanese TV stations/programs operate, I wouldn't recommend watching it. Those of you who cringed hard on 'Hanyu Yuzurenai', this program may give you even more cringe. I think I can take it even if it means watching the injury and the struggle. I may not find anything I like but if I watch it, at least I can tell if they did digging right.

They are supposed to show BOrser's interview but I won't be surprised if the interview is the one that he's given to Oly channel. After all, not everyone in Japan watches YT or Yuzu news obsessively like we do. I'd say the majority of the audience wouldn't speak English either so finding out overseas news about Yuzu isn't easy because of the language barrier. If all the materials used in the program are well known old news among Yuzu fans, I'd say that's not a surprise. After all, us satellites orbit around the planet everyday so if anyone notices any news about Yuzu, we're the first to know!! Or else, our observation & analysis skills will be scrutinised:13877886:

Over dramatisation is another thing but I understand if they (TV station) want to sell (or milk), they might as well be turning it into a tear-jerker. If you like it or not, once you become famous, people project images of what they want to see. Everyone loves hero in crisis and miracle come back so I will be prepared & get myself a box of tissue. Just watching and reading about Yuzu makes me cry (today I watched Yuzu touching the ice at the end of Oly gala and that made me cry) so I may be fooled and cry a river over a stupid dramatisation. Who knows...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

One thing I hope is the information they give is as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your post, there are actors and actresses only for the reenactment drama in Japan, so I have to say it is very unique situation. 

I think it is a good idea that you will just wait for the reviews if you feel any hesitation to see the program. It is not always necessary to understand and agree with everything in Japan because Yuzuru is a Japanese :)

I said I did not know Kenshin Endo, but I asked my mother (she is TV drama otaku) and she knew him :laughing: I looked at his profile page again and found out he was from big agency that the famous names belong to, such as Hiroki Hasegawa and Aoi Miyazaki. I might be one of the minority looking forward to see how it is going to be because this is the first time an actor known in TV drama actually plays Yuzuru's role. The length will be short though since the show lasts two hours but it has other athletes' segments, too.

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Or How about those plastic strips that “create” a double fold. 

I’m not going to address his eye shape because he looks fine to me but oh my goodness, was he not blessed in the dazzling smile sweepstakes? Not attractive? Please. 

8 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

Or How about those plastic strips that “create” a double fold. 

I’m not going to address his eye shape because he looks fine to me but oh my goodness, was he not blessed in the dazzling smile sweepstakes? Not attractive? Please. 

Those are uncomfortable and don’t really work.... well for me :laughing:. My aunt and grandmother got their eyes done in our home country cus it’s a lot cheaper but risky. It didn’t turn out so good  :slinkaway:

Told them to go to South Korea that where the best plastic surgeons are. 

I think he is proof that one feature doesn't make or break you. May be focusing on his eyes don't do a particularly beautiful image, but he can still kill people with the stare. But when you look at the whole face, there are hardly people who looks more beautiful than him.