General Yuzuru Chat

As a fan, I'm just a few days older than Yuzu's second OGM. I could only watch the short program live and just totally went offline during his free skate. I was too nervous to watch Shoma or Javi's skates and relied on Twitter and Planet Hanyu to tell me that he won. :peekapooh: But I was screaming when I saw the scores!! :smiley-happy105::smiley-happy105:

55 minutes ago, wpisces said:

Anyone remembers Moir's frustrated face at Olympics Gala when he called Yuzuru many times for group photo but Yuzuru can't hear him because he was engrossed in talking and taking selfie and with Hotarek/Valentina after the lift :rofl:

omg... does anyone have a video that shows scott looking frustrated? i totally missed that.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

$10 in the imaginary currency of your choice to whoever finds the cutest and most ridiculous pic or clip in the next 5 minutes.

Found this too late! And rather embarrassed that this was the first thing that came to mind:

Followed closely by:

Ended up poring over silly videos for another 45 minutes, overwhelmed by all the superlatively cute and ridiculous Yuzu content... 

23 minutes ago, valkyrie said:

omg... does anyone have a video that shows scott looking frustrated? i totally missed that.

There are many Yuzuru fancams where you can find that funny moment. Moir had told Yuzuru to take photo with other champions after taking group photo with all skaters since they were skating around the rink to thank audience but Yuzuru was too busy playing around that he forgot it and let Alina, Moir and Tessa wait for him quite long :laughing: I have seen many photos and fancams capturing it, unfortunately I didn't save them so I just can find this one at the moment. In other fancams you can see he tried to remind Yuzuru by tapping his shoulders many times.

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, robin said:

Haven’t watched that video but :slinkaway: @ the idea of someone playing Yuzu 

Is this going to be a preview of what a Yuzu biography might look like?

oh no... I can already feel the cringe coming, I don't know if I'll be able to watch that thing :8:

except maybe drunk :drink1:

20 時間前, robinさんが言いました:

Didn't they also do one after Sochi? This one had some kid playing him as a kid back when he was still with Tsuzuki-sensei and had a reenactment of him fighting with older boys at the rink. But they also covered the whole bit about that guy who spearheaded the revival of Ice Rink Sendai so that was good. And the recent 24-hour TV thing had a reenactment of the younger days of the asthmatic kid he inspired to skate, Sora. But since they are reenacting him as a grownup --and not for comedic purposes--and at a period where the pre-Olympic intensity is at its zenith, I guess the cringiness will depend on how much they amp up the drama factor. If they play it subtle, it could work. Though I probably shouldn't be expecting subtlety. Japanese cinema has a lot of great subtle stuff but they're usually from original screenplays or the original work itself has subtle storytelling. They usually aren't so great with understated adaptations otherwise. I'm just going to hope that it isn't too over the top...

The one they did of him that documented those pre-PC days that spliced together interviews and practice footage with narration that they released right after PC was pitch perfect. So if this one turns out meh, then we've at least still got that awesome docu to fall back on to wipe away the cringe. Even if it isn't super cringeworthy, nothing quite beats the original anyway. ^.~

Kid versions are fine, but someone playing grown-up Yuzu is cringey in the present especially because we have the present Yuzu at the same age, so I can't help compare.

Anyway, what doesn't sit well with me is that it's a dramatization of his struggles based on discussions from the people around him (like BOrser), but what about actually going to the source first? I hope they did, because he's still present and THE BEST resource and we don't need any misinformation or them trying to portray Yuzu's thoughts and struggles without actually consulting him.

That kind of thing is common in Japanese TV, since it's really meant to be as if they had filmed the events as they happened, which obviously they couldn't have. It's actually meant to show his struggles first hand. And actually having him act it would be both time consuming, and why make him go through it again?

I'm sure there'll be lots of cringe, but I'm pretty sure it won't be as bad as others I've seen which included bad wigs on top of bad acting. But if you blur the visuals in your mind, the idea can be interesting. I'm pretty sure it will be based on Yuzu recounting, though. Japanese TV is generally careful about things like that. (Though they likely will amp up the drama a bit...)

3 hours ago, robin said:

I'm not  going  to  try  even. Unless  I see  many  positive  reviews  here.

I don't  get the reason behind  this. Why reenact  all those  3 months  leading  to Olympics?  We  know what  we  are supposed  to know  and  the  rest is a speculation. So I  doubt  we  will   know  something  new. Or  are  they  are  going to   reenact  Yuzu returning  to TCC   on crutches  after NHK?  That  would  be   so   cringey

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Whoa this sounds so weird, I guess I'm not used... (tbh I find re-enacting cringey even when I don't know the real people involved because it always comes across as kind of fake and over-dramatised... and I find many japanese doc I have seen, Yuzu's included, over dramatised, tho I'm getting used to that kind of narration)

With Yuzu being pretty much alive and kicking and events being so fresh it feels it has particular cringey potential....I suppose this is what happens when the guy gives media no juicy footage of those months 😑 only hints hints hints...ngl, I can emphatize with the desire to "see" what happened, heck, I wanna know too :13877886: But idk,  it's so weird that someone will "play" his character, mainly because it's about something that still feels like the present to me...

I only hope it will be respectful of Yuzuru, his words and his feelings