General Yuzuru Chat

Actually, I've tried an approximation of the Yuzu hot chocolate recipe (I missed the ginger, so tried to improvise) and it actually wasn't as sweet as it seems. Ghana milk chocolate isn't very sweet, especially compared to other milk chocolates, so the sweetness mostly comes from the marshmallows and white chocolate shavings, which aren't really that bad. I've had desserts sweeter than that (that weren't that sweet by accident) and I'm not a huge fan of super sweet stuff.

23 minutes ago, Nutmeg said:

I remember watching this recently, so I went looking in my YT history for it - it's here at 1m44s. This vid also contains other great K&C moments between him and Brian, as well the inspiration behind Yuzu's impromptu guitar riff move in GPF 2015, which I had no idea about :biggrin:

Wow the last one!! I had no idea he was imitating Machida's EX at Sochi when he did that knee slide guitar solo! xD I thought he was just being a dork as usual. The more you know. 

As far as I hear Yuzuru's interview in Japanese after FS of NHK Trophy 2015, IMO what made him feel uneasy, or was on his mind, was the word "boy" itself.  But in his English actually, it might sound different, and might have sounded different to Brian too.

(Edit:  It might have sounded as "good boy is not enough to comment", so Brian added "Amazing".  This is just my guess, though.)

Yuzuru:  終わった後に、いい子だったよ、と言われたんですけど、まだ、いい子なの?という話はしました。

Owatta ato ni, iiko dattayo to iwaretandesukedo, mada iiko nano? to iu hanashi wa shimashita. 

"After the performance, he said 'Good boy', so I said 'Am I still a good boy?'  That's what we talked."

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

As far as I hear Yuzuru's interview in Japanese after FS of NHK Trophy 2015, IMO what made him feel uneasy, or was on his mind, was the word "boy" itself.  But in his English actually, it might sound different, and might have sounded different to Brian too.

(Edit:  It might have sounded as "good boy is not enough to comment", so Brian added "Amazing".  This is just my guess, though.)

Yuzuru:  終わった後に、いい子だったよ、と言われたんですけど、まだ、いい子なの?という話はしました。

Owatta ato ni, iiko dattayo to iwaretandesukedo, mada iiko nano? to iu hanashi wa shimashita. 

"After the performance, he said 'Good boy', so I said 'Am I still a good boy?'  That's what we talked."

I think the thing is - from Brian's perspective, he's always going to be a 'boy' because he is so much younger than him! And also, it's usual that people in their twenties are referred to 'boys' and 'girls' in the Western culture, I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

from Brian's perspective, he's always going to be a 'boy' because he is so much younger than him!

This reminds me, I remember seeing a gifset on tumblr where Yuzu, Brian and David Wilson were laughing about Yuzuru mixing up "older" and "bigger" and saying he's much older than Brian. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd love to see it again, but I didn’t save it and I can't find it anymore. 

27 minutes ago, ajnats said:

This reminds me, I remember seeing a gifset on tumblr where Yuzu, Brian and David Wilson were laughing about Yuzuru mixing up "older" and "bigger" and saying he's much older than Brian. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd love to see it again, but I didn’t save it and I can't find it anymore. 

Either Jounetsu Tairiku or Athlete's spirit, the first one of Yuzu, covering his move to Canada, iirc. Let's wait for Kaeryth...

48 minutes ago, ajnats said:

gif

vid

@SuzyQ@Erin@Nutmeg  Thank you for the help in finding Mr Good Boy (Amazing Boy). I enjoyed watching the entire video. His voice is that deep.? Lol

He really did have the benefit of good senpai, they seem like good men. 

Also, SuzyQ, thanks for providing the translation in Japanese and Romaji... I could get a better sense of the nuance. “いい子? “ *makes face*

Mr Hanyu is younger than me so I will always associate him with being an Amazing Boy. (Helps that he is baby faced.):snpeace:

@icecreamyaren’t dogs the best? I’m glad you have good memories!

You are all Amazing Satellites!!! 

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Does anyone have a link to the full video of this commentary? :3

Kaeryth put the link here. In the folder it's the "180217 - Olympics 2018 NBC - Pre FS discussion (4 of 5)"

20 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Here. Click on the link that says Multiple Fluff Piece under the MISC column - it'll lead you to a post with a megalink and the key to copy/paste in order to access the page. It's only of the NBC talks (I think the Pre FS discussion) it's not an actual commentary that was said during the competition but was said in the talk show after.

8 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I think the thing is - from Brian's perspective, he's always going to be a 'boy' because he is so much younger than him! And also, it's usual that people in their twenties are referred to 'boys' and 'girls' in the Western culture, I believe. 

Lol. I work with seniors and I call them boys and girls.... and they are 50 years older than me. Just fun :)