General Yuzuru Chat

18 分, Whee1000さんが言いました:

Having worked hard and attained Tissue Box status (yay!), I have a request: I’ve heard that there may be a clip where Coach Orser calls Mr H “amazing “ and then Mr H says he’s an “amazing boy.” I always thought that was cute  and now a bit poignant, because he’s no longer a boy. お願いします  

Maybe it is NHK Trophy 2015.

This article describes the event.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/11/29/yuzuru-hanyu-smashing-world-records/

It describes the scene as;

"Every Yuzu fan will have their special moments that they treasure from watching Yuzu this weekend.  Here are my own special, personal memories from this weekend.

As Yuzu was coming off the ice after Seimei, his little conversation with Brian:

Orser: I have no words. Good Boy!!

Yuzu: Just “Good boy”?

Orser: Yeah….amazing!!

Yuzu: Amazing Boy!!

Good lord, he’s cute!!

I SWEAR when Yuzu said “Amazing Boy” I thought Yuzu said “…raised bar”?  And my answer yelling at my computer screen was “OMG, did you ever raise the bar!!”  But then I listened to it again and again, and got confirmation from other fans that he said “Amazing Boy!” But, I like my version too!   : )"

8 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Maybe it is NHK Trophy 2015.

This article describes the event.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/11/29/yuzuru-hanyu-smashing-world-records/

It describes the scene as;

"Every Yuzu fan will have their special moments that they treasure from watching Yuzu this weekend.  Here are my own special, personal memories from this weekend.

As Yuzu was coming off the ice after Seimei, his little conversation with Brian:

Orser: I have no words. Good Boy!!

Yuzu: Just “Good boy”?

Orser: Yeah….amazing!!

Yuzu: Amazing Boy!!

Good lord, he’s cute!!

I SWEAR when Yuzu said “Amazing Boy” I thought Yuzu said “…raised bar”?  And my answer yelling at my computer screen was “OMG, did you ever raise the bar!!”  But then I listened to it again and again, and got confirmation from other fans that he said “Amazing Boy!” But, I like my version too!   : )"

Wasn't there an interview with Yuzu where he was asked about that convo and iirc, he said that the point he was trying to make when he asked "Just good boy?" was that he wasn't a boy anymore and so should have been "good man" or something, and then Brian misunderstood so he followed with "amazing boy"? 

Please do correct me if i remembered wrong. I don't quite trust my memory. :headdesk2: 

15 minutes ago, Erin said:

Wasn't there an interview with Yuzu where he was asked about that convo and iirc, he said that the point he was trying to make when he asked "Just good boy?" was that he wasn't a boy anymore and so should have been "good man" or something, and then Brian misunderstood so he followed with "amazing boy"? 

Please do correct me if i remembered wrong. I don't quite trust my memory. :headdesk2: 

I’ve said good boy to my dog so many times in our lives together, that every time I hear it I start to think about him. Although he passed away few years ago. Whenever I watch sports and hear coaches saying it I start to have this wired impression that next minute they will hold out a treat in hand. Anyways that’s just me and I only carry this habit with good boy but not good girl. Now I start to miss my dear friend at the other end of the rainbow again <3

32 minutes ago, icecreamy said:

I’ve said good boy to my dog so many times in our lives together, that every time I hear it I start to think about him. Although he passed away few years ago. Whenever I watch sports and hear coaches saying it I start to have this wired impression that next minute they will hold out a treat in hand. Anyways that’s just me and I only carry this habit with good boy but not good girl. Now I start to miss my dear friend at the other end of the rainbow again <3

Aww sorry that brought up sad memories for you (about your dog passing away) but at least it also brought up happy memories (like you saying that to your dog, i always find dog-owner relationship cute, ahh i'm so envious). 

Now i hope whenever you hear "good boy", it would also make you think of Yuzu. I would joke you could merge the idea of "dog" and "Yuzu" together, but yeah, i don't think it's funny. Besides, i prefer Nyanyu, Meowzuru, and whatever else cat!Yuzu is called. 

4 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Here. Click on the link that says Multiple Fluff Piece under the MISC column - it'll lead you to a post with a megalink and the key to copy/paste in order to access the page. It's only of the NBC talks (I think the Pre FS discussion) it's not an actual commentary that was said during the competition but was said in the talk show after.

thank you

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yuzu gets even stronger against the odds. So maybe this 'not the favourite' expectation gives him the extra reason to prove to them as well as to himself. I love the way Yuzu brings it home through the adversity. He's the true champion!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

10 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yuzu gets even stronger against the odds. So maybe this 'not the favourite' expectation gives him the extra reason to prove to them as well as to himself. I love the way Yuzu brings it home through the adversity. He's the true champion!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

He is, indeed! He won this Olys from sheer will and in one leg! He wanted to thank all those who supported him with a special performance to the Games! He really is an amazing person! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

19 時間前, wingmanさんが言いました:

I think it's because he *needs* to add in all this stuff for the advertisement. (Imagine if he just went: oh this is yummy, I just have it plain thanks, no topping).

Poor Yuzu, they only gave him one cup after all. They should have given him 5 cups, so he could show his creative toppings. 

The whole thing is hilarious, I've never seen this before. :LOL: I

If you recall correctly, they did. Way more than 5, too.

fx9p5g.jpg

See? They gave him a bunch of secondary toppings to choose from out of which he only picked the shavings and the ginger, and completely ignored the rest. >_< They even prepared chocolate and raspberry sauces but he didn't go for those, which helped relieve the pseudo-toothache I was starting to feel watching that clip.

1 時間前, ralucutzagyさんが言いました:

Nice. It's always better to be underestimated than overestimated. I always find the pressure of proving people with low expectations of you wrong a lot harder than proving those with high expectations right. Hanyu, of course, had to do a lot--and I do mean a lot--of the latter as well but I'm willing to bet that his desire to bee-dah the ones who were doubting him helped balance things out a bit. xD

eb8m0n.jpg

5 hours ago, Erin said:

Erin, I don't have a source but I remember this too. Which is why I got teary when he met Brian after PC Seimei and you can hear Brian say 'You're a brave man'. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

47 分, skateITさんが言いました:

Erin, I don't have a source but I remember this too. Which is why I got teary when he met Brian after PC Seimei and you can hear Brian say 'You're a brave man'. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Yuzuru mentioned about the talk with Brian a bit here.

But, it's still a fragment. 

4 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

If you recall correctly, they did. Way more than 5, too.

fx9p5g.jpg

See? They gave him a bunch of secondary toppings to choose from out of which he only picked the shavings and the ginger, and completely ignored the rest. >_< They even prepared chocolate and raspberry sauces but he didn't go for those, which helped relieve the pseudo-toothache I was starting to feel watching that clip.

Maybe it's cause i'm still young (or maybe i just have a massive sweet tooth...), but i would be the person that put several of the toppings on and i wouldn't think anything of it ;-; I was confused when y'all were talking about how it looked disgustingly sweet while he was preparing it because my brain went "yum" instead lmao

8 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

Having worked hard and attained Tissue Box status (yay!), I have a request: I’ve heard that there may be a clip where Coach Orser calls Mr H “amazing “ and then Mr H says he’s an “amazing boy.” I always thought that was cute  and now a bit poignant, because he’s no longer a boy. お願いします  

I remember watching this recently, so I went looking in my YT history for it - it's here at 1m44s. This vid also contains other great K&C moments between him and Brian, as well the inspiration behind Yuzu's impromptu guitar riff move in GPF 2015, which I had no idea about :biggrin: