General Yuzuru Chat

I’m lucky enough to be going on vacation to Japan soon (not FAOI or Sendai though), and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for the best places in Tokyo to buy Yuzu-related things. My dream would be a Ciontu shirt, but I don’t know if they’re available outside the shows themselves.

Thank you very much in advance!

1 hour ago, katonice said:

Maybe Alina being an admittedly big Yuzu fan didn't help her here. She probably felt just a little disappointed when, after Seimei played, this guy decided to make an appearance instead :laughing:

Ditto that! I hope she's able to do an ice show or something with Yuzuru this summer (although as far as I know she's not in the cast for FaOI, unfortunately), if only to cleanse herself of the cringe of sneak-attack-'Yuzurenai' 

1 hour ago, ainjxx said:

hello guys. do u have a full vid of this? i wanna hear their full commentary . 

https://twitter.com/yuzuspiration/status/995195937663275010?s=19

Here. Click on the link that says Multiple Fluff Piece under the MISC column - it'll lead you to a post with a megalink and the key to copy/paste in order to access the page. It's only of the NBC talks (I think the Pre FS discussion) it's not an actual commentary that was said during the competition but was said in the talk show after.

10 時間前, yuzuoniceさんが言いました:

I think my level of cringe was even bigger than Alina's, I kept closing the broadcast because of that cosplayer, and then it seems I even missed the skaters with the puppies because the cringe was too much to handle :')

just no please :')

Here is puppies part, every time the athletes from the world come to this show, I appreciate that they are so professional while having fun :)

Monomane (impersonation) is big entertainment business in Japan and I grew up watching it on TV, some impersonators are really talented and professional. But to make living by only that occupation is very hard and its cycle is really fast, new person comes and goes, comes and goes...and a handful of people remain at the end. Now let's wait and see Yuzurenai will be on TV in next year, I think he is going to be in the talk shows or quiz shows this year because it is a pattern for the comedians to be tested in general, but if he did nothing funny or interesting there, I'm not sure if he would be succeeded in future. Personally I feel he has to imitate other celebrities more to survive, like he did in another show where he sang a song of Sekai no Owari, which I actually thought he did very good. But in order to do that, it would be better for him to take off Yuzuru's costume (and maybe change his name). Based on his tweets, he looks to me he is a relatively humble person and I hope he will go to other directions and learn more tricks if he really wants to work as an impersonator.

I'm also hoping that Yuzuru doesn't feel offended by him, but I think he knows how Japanese entertainment works and has big heart, so I tend to believe he is fine. I am more worried that some fans may leave negative comments on Yuzurenai's twitter. I think it is free to dislike him but too much negativity will feed the tabloid magazines and antis, I actually have heard already that there was an article said Yuzurenai's agency had received a few phone calls claiming he should stop imitating Yuzuru (and I don't even know if it is true or not.) I know how they feel, but recently a little thing becomes bigger and we are the one who are blamed (sad!), which also makes Yuzuru sad. So I will try to stay just calm :)

By the way, I really LOVED Alina's reaction and couldn't stop laughing!! Go girl:party2:

7 minutes ago, yude said:

Here is puppies part, every time the athletes from the world come to this show, I appreciate that they are so professional while having fun :)

Monomane (impersonation) is big entertainment business in Japan and I grew up watching it on TV, some impersonators are really talented and professional. But to make living by only that occupation is very hard and its cycle is really fast, new person comes and goes, comes and goes...and a handful of people remain at the end. Now let's wait and see Yuzurenai will be on TV in next year, I think he is going to be in the talk shows or quiz shows this year because it is a pattern for the comedians to be tested in general, but if he did nothing funny or interesting there, I'm not sure if he would be succeeded in future. Personally I feel he has to imitate other celebrities more to survive, like he did in another show where he sang a song of Sekai no Owari, which I actually thought he did very good. But in order to do that, it would be better for him to take off Yuzuru's costume (and maybe change his name). Based on his tweets, he looks to me he is a relatively humble person and I hope he will go to other directions and learn more tricks if he really wants to work as an impersonator.

I'm also hoping that Yuzuru doesn't feel offended by him, but I think he knows how Japanese entertainment works and has big heart, so I tend to believe he is fine. I am more worried that some fans may leave negative comments on Yuzurenai's twitter. I think it is free to dislike him but too much negativity will feed the tabloid magazines and antis, I actually have heard already that there was an article said Yuzurenai's agency had received a few phone calls claiming he should stop imitating Yuzuru (and I don't even know if it is true or not.) I know how they feel, but recently a little thing becomes bigger and we are the one who are blamed (sad!), which also makes Yuzuru sad. So I will try to stay just calm :)

By the way, I really LOVED Alina's reaction and couldn't stop laughing!! Go girl:party2:

Thank you for this perspective! I had no idea he was doing this professionally. I hope he is successful in his career whether that's impersonating Yuzu or not (but to be fair he doesn't look much like Yuzu so maybe he can try something else...:tumblr_inline_mzx8txTRzl1r8msi5:)

I agree, I do think he doesn't look like Yuzuru, at all :laughing:

7 分, yuzuangelさんが言いました:

Thank you for this perspective! I had no idea he was doing this professionally. I hope he is successful in his career whether that's impersonating Yuzu or not (but to be fair he doesn't look much like Yuzu so maybe he can try something else...:tumblr_inline_mzx8txTRzl1r8msi5:)

CiONTU Day 2 translations by tadaki (includes some things that were cut during the broadcast)

The day we were struck by tragedy, was pitch black, and there was nothing at all. The light of the moon, and the light of stars, were extremely pretty, and that in particular, was like what I always skate to, Notte Stellata. It was that sort of scene. I think probably, the people struck by the Kumamoto Earthquake too, felt like that too. But, right now, everyone is watching (me) like this, those eyes that see me, those eyes to me…are like the stars. *laughs*

Precisely because everyone is watching me like this - the spotlight is really bright but - precisely because everyone is watching, I can be here like this, with everyone’s light coming together, I can shine here like this. I really do think this way. Everyone, thank you for lighting my way.

Thank you

Spoiler

A lot of things are said (about us) but, (I realised that) when we are hurt our fans too are hurt. Amidst all of that, thank you for calling out to me. Thank you for loving me. I’m going to stake my life just a little more so, please give me your strength””

Having worked hard and attained Tissue Box status (yay!), I have a request: I’ve heard that there may be a clip where Coach Orser calls Mr H “amazing “ and then Mr H says he’s an “amazing boy.” I always thought that was cute  and now a bit poignant, because he’s no longer a boy. お願いします