General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, k8y said:

LOL. This video is hilarious to me because it is exactly how my children would make hot chocolate - the way he sticks his finger in the milk at the beginning, the bajillion marshmallows and shavings he tops it with, how tentative he is throughout the process, even though he is basically microwaving a chocolate bar in milk. This boy is so sweetly low-functioning when it comes to non-skating stuff. 

I don't think he is that low-functioning outside of skating.  After all, he's taking university classes in a very demanding field.  He's evidently also involved with video-gaming as a major form of recreation.  I have a feeling that he is dividing his activities between rink and home to deliberately keep his life as simple as possible.  We have to remember that for Javi the difference between Spain and Canada is primarily the difference between Spanish and English (both of which languages are from the same language family - Indo-European), and differences of climate.  Javi didn't have to learn a new alphabet and fundamentally different grammar, and also learn a totally different cuisine (food that uses spoons, knives and forks instead of food that uses chopsticks).  If, as Brian has commented, Yuzu is more introverted than Javi, then Yuzu's situation now is quite understandable.  I think he has weighed his options and decided that for the purposes of practicality not knowing some of those basic things that normal people know is not that important because, as Yuzu would be the first to humbly acknowledge, Yuzu is not normal people.

54 minutes ago, Xen said:

Rice cookers are amazing. Mine can even make soup and boil meat and stuff. =D

Unfortunately I don’t think he uses your technology bud. I read somewhere, but that was quite a while back, that he resorted to packets of cooked rice while competing somewhere that cooked rice differently.  According to the writing those packets are designed for emergency purpose like earthquake. 

3 minutes ago, icecreamy said:

Unfortunately I don’t think he uses your technology bud. I read somewhere, but that was quite a while back, that he resorted to packets of cooked rice while competing somewhere that cooked rice differently.  According to the writing those packets are designed for emergency purpose like earthquake. 

imgrc0064256155.jpg

this?

8 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't think he is that low-functioning outside of skating.  After all, he's taking university classes in a very demanding field.  He's evidently also involved with video-gaming as a major form of recreation.  I have a feeling that he is dividing his activities between rink and home to deliberately keep his life as simple as possible.  We have to remember that for Javi the difference between Spain and Canada is primarily the difference between Spanish and English (both of which languages are from the same language family - Indo-European), and differences of climate.  Javi didn't have to learn a new alphabet and fundamentally different grammar, and also learn a totally different cuisine (food that uses spoons, knives and forks instead of food that uses chopsticks).  If, as Brian has commented, Yuzu is more introverted than Javi, then Yuzu's situation now is quite understandable.  I think he has weighed his options and decided that for the purposes of practicality not knowing some of those basic things that normal people know is not that important because, as Yuzu would be the first to humbly acknowledge, Yuzu is not normal people.

Oh yeah, I agree. I meant this affectionately and not to be critical. His situation is not at all uncommon for elite athletes. But it is always amusing to encounter the things he doesn't engage in because, as you point out, he is not like other people. It does annoy me though, when people look at the situation with his mom as some kind of odd thing. It's a distinctly western mindset without taking into account both his culture and his very special circumstances. I honestly don't understand why Brian brings it up in almost every interview. 

My impression of Yuzu is he doesn’t care about food much so I don’t see him going out of his way to learn it. Esp because he doesn’t have to. And maybe even if he had to... I‘ve lived on my own for 4 years but I still can’t cook LOL 

1 minute ago, robin said:

My impression of Yuzu is he doesn’t care about food much so I don’t see him going out of his way to learn it. Esp because he doesn’t have to. And maybe even if he had to... I‘ve lived on my own for 4 years but I still can’t cook LOL 

same, and i love food lol

*picks up after-lunch snack of fudge, spicy fries, and yuzu iced tea*

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

same, and i love food lol

*picks up after-lunch snack of fudge, spicy fries, and yuzu iced tea*

LOL there’s a difference between people who like eating and people who like cooking

I have a trashy palate and I‘m lazy and my body hates me probably 

17 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

what... :smiley-laughing021:

but for real tho... it's a bit creepy :sipping:

:slinkaway:

It's like when you go to a dollar store and find a bunch of knockoff brands.

Watching this feels like when a bug creeps up on you, please make it stop:59227c768286a__s: