General Yuzuru Chat

hace 14 minutos , Smultron said:

This off-season won't let us live :13877886: But please bring it on :bliss-smiley:

Well, I think we deserve something good for surviving 2017-2018 FS season, it was tough :laughing:

Javi is such a sweet person ! Very kind hearted ! Yuzu ‘s face is so soft listening to him . It is such a beautiful friendship even they don’t socialize outside of the rink . The way they root for each other , pushing each other to work harder and very supportive and genuinely cheer on each other ... very precious and great sportsmanship !

:sadPooh::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

Not “feel like to cry” 

He did cry ! 

Thank you @kaerb for all the wonderful speed translation !

13 minutes ago, Mineeal said:

So... i was watching some YouTube videos and After i saw this one im now obssesed with the thought of Yuzu skating to this music! 

Michael Buble - Feeling Good

Hide contents

Stop stop stop ....i don't want my nightmare of yuzuru skating to feeling good becoming true please...."Feeling good" is worse than any warhorse lol :8: 

Someone on CuriousCat linked me to this series of videos on Twitter and I'm touched because it's the news feature on basically what was said in a news article released awhile back during Olympic season of Yuzuru's connection with Yuuki-kun, a disabled boy who he was friends with in primary school. If someone has the article and the translation (I think someone kindly did it), this is a good supplement in person. A quick speed translation (the full video is in parts in the thread so click to expand). Usual disclaimer applies: I am not a professional translator, only a Japanese student practising my skills and this is mainly the ‘gist’ of what is happening though I do check dictionaries and resources to ensure I’m getting as much accurate as possible. Am always open to more precise corrections

VIDEO 1 - 3

Sakata Toshiyaki (58yrs) from Kanazawa. "Anyway I yelled out but it really was just a short period of time. I'm very glad I could be here live to see him and convey my thoughts to him."

Actually Sakata-san has a certain fated connection (en) with Hanyu-san.

Sakata-san's home is full of Yuzu-related goods. On the wall, there's a particular photo: Yuzuru and Sakata-san's son Yuuki who has a disability. An advisor at Yuzuru's skating club was also coincidentally Yuuki's homeroom teacher and they were primary school classmates and spent time together as friends. Because of the damage from the earthquake, Sakata-san moved to Kanazawa. He met Yuzuru again coincidentally at an ice show. When Sakata-san asked Yuzuru whether he remembered them, Yuzuru laughed loudly and said 'how can I forget?' and it left a huge impression on Sakata-san. Because he was so moved by this, he started a 'Hanyu Yuzuru Cheering/Support Club' in 2011 and even made newsletters updating members on Yuzuru's activities called 'Han-News' (a pun omg ;;). 

Sakata-san: "When he faces adversity, when he's injured, when he fails, his words and his attitude are amazing. Therefore I feel like I must also try my best."

In the message to Sakata-san with the autograph, Yuzuru writes: "I always enjoy the 'Han-News', really thank you very much. It would be wonderful if I could meet with Yuuki-kun again someday." In order to see Hanyu-kun, Sakata-san will be returning to his hometown, Sendai. 

--

VIDEO 4 & 5

On the day of the parade:

Sakata-san: I can see it. Ah, there's a feeling like it's about to start. Well everyone's happy aren't they, today.

(footage of parade and Sakata-san waiting at a particular corner/curve).

Sakata-san: I hope Yuzuru-kun will look this way when he's at the curve. If I can get a nice photo of his smiling face that would be great.

(Footage of children)

"Do you like Hanyu-kun?"

"Yes!"

"How was it to see him?"

"He was cool!"

--

After 30min, he was arriving at where Sakata-san was. 

Sakata-san: Yuzuru-kun! Congratulations! Behind you! Behind you! Congratulations!

Interviewer: Did you see him?

Sakata-san: I saw him, I was able to see him. I thought 'that's Hanyu Yuzuru', a thing like that. I yelled out but it really was just a short period of time. He really treated us all with politeness and a thankful heart. 

(Yuzuru at press conference speaking about how he hopes that the parade will help to aid recovery efforts from the earthquake)

Sakata-san: Everyone being happy and giving Yuzuru-kun blessings and well-wishes for his gold medal really is, by itself, a factor that contributes to recovery. Despite all his hardships, he holds onto hope and is able to move forward. I think that power will come out again when he fights and I felt that he can begin a new journey now. 

hace 42 minutos , SydneyH said:

Stop stop stop ....i don't want my nightmare of yuzuru skating to feeling good becoming true please...."Feeling good" is worse than any warhorse lol :8: 

Lol, just a few hours ago when i saw the video, was the first time i listened to this song, and i actually don't know Why it made think about Yuzu skating to it but it did... now that thought is dancing around in my head so i had to Share it... lol, to think someone also thought about it and did Not like it hahahahaha!!:LOL:

If ever this happen, i apologize for making your nightmare true... tho, i would Must likely be LMAO and so happy about it! :muahaha:

8 minutes ago, wingman said:

The title says it's Deniss, but I can't find his SP. I would LOVE to see anyone doing an SP to Sway.

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

It is Deniss's, but FS, not SP. You can see it here ("Sway" is in the second half of the program):

I love how Yuzu does the pose. Such a sneaky thief :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, wingman said:

There's a video of Yuzu stealing someone's pose from Michael Buble's Sway

The title says it's Deniss, but I can't find his SP. I would LOVE to see anyone doing an SP to Sway.

I would love Yuzu to do a sassy SP to Sway. It'd be a departure from what he's done so far but still something he could pull off. Deniss was amazing on the Sway part, especially at Worlds, but I think Yuzu could put his own spin on it.

3 hours ago, SydneyH said:

Eslecially the Buble version, lol, I feel like it's bern done to death. It seems especially popular on the junior circuit.