General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Cerunias said:

[admin edit: inappropriate]

by dominated by their wives, I'm pretty sure he just meant he's gonna listen to his wife etc. just like how he will probably be a father that listens to everything his child wants. (his comment when he was 20 years old). that 16 year old one and stuff when he was even younger, I'm also pretty sure its not as valid already. 

14 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

by dominated by their wives, I'm pretty sure he just meant he's gonna listen to his wife etc.

Arite, here's the 50th...

I realise and agree with your interpretations, I just enjoy looking for double meanings which I reckon is one of the hidden beauties of the English language. My above comments were meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

But on the subject of "dominating", let's be honest, most (wiser) men should (and would) know better than to NOT listen to their wives/girlfriends/partners. Speaking from experience...Yuzuru clearly has picked that lesson up already and arguably faster than most 😂

Oh cool, I didn't know that he talked about his ideal type at 16. So the answer in Kenji no heya is probably a very sly way to wiggling out of the topic... :pouty:

He's the type that knows exactly what he wants, so I would not be surprised if he has an ideal type in mind. His 16-yo requirements aren't crazy (not like Kanako's haha), so he is probably serious about it. Whoever it is,  he'll find that person and be happy. 

I just hope he will be able to: 

a/ find love by himself and not through arranged meeting

b/ have the freedom to breakup if it doesn't work out. (The scale of fandom and press surrounding him is nuts...)

Spoiler

My guess: his ideal partner needs to satisfy one of the following:

1/ take over his mum's job: day-to-day household stuff, AND be an emotional safehaven that he can retreat to, generally supportive but tough enough to correct him when his mind overworks. 

This sounds rather tough, because such a person needs to have as much, if not more life experience than Yuzu.

2/ truly understand the immense pressure of being the top athlete, the amount of work and dedication needed to get there, the highs and lows, *and* know how to get out of the negatives. 

In other words, other top athletes, psychologists, or people with interesting life experiences etc are good candidates

3/ have some traits that he admires

I would guess perseverance and hard working

4/ share his dreams

eg: of contributing to the Tohoku recovery efforts, or building up FS training centers in Japan

I don't see him dating so soon though. His mind right now is too pre-occupied with FS, earphones, ice shows, and his studies. 

This is the 22 year old who's goals are essentially the ones he's had since he was a child. For all we know, he's one of those people who doesn't really change his mind about things. He reaches for childhood goals, not changes them to make them more realistic or practical. He may actually still be sticking to his 16-year old "ideal wife" scenario for all we know! :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

17 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

This is the 22 year old who's goals are essentially the ones he's had since he was a child. For all we know, he's one of those people who doesn't really change his mind about things. He reaches for childhood goals, not changes them to make them more realistic or practical. He may actually still be sticking to his 16-year old "ideal wife" scenario for all we know! :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

True true. His 16-yo answer sounds very reasonable actually. 

6 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The funniest thing would be if he announced he got married already. :pouty:The off-season is already wild as it is.

:LOL:     He's so ninja though. It's bound to happen... 

28 minutes ago, wingman said:

Oh cool, I didn't know that he talked about his ideal type at 16. So the answer in Kenji no heya is probably a very sly way to wiggling out of the topic... :pouty:

He's the type that knows exactly what he wants, so I would not be surprised if he has an ideal type in mind. His 16-yo requirements aren't crazy (not like Kanako's haha), so he is probably serious about it. Whoever it is,  he'll find that person and be happy. 

I just hope he will be able to: 

a/ find love by himself and not through arranged meeting

b/ have the freedom to breakup if it doesn't work out. (The scale of fandom and press surrounding him is nuts...)

Reveal hidden contents

My guess: his ideal partner needs to satisfy one of the following:

1/ take over his mum's job: day-to-day household stuff, AND be an emotional safehaven that he can retreat to, generally supportive but tough enough to correct him when his mind overworks. 

This sounds rather tough, because such a person needs to have as much, if not more life experience than Yuzu.

2/ truly understand the immense pressure of being the top athlete, the amount of work and dedication needed to get there, the highs and lows, *and* know how to get out of the negatives. 

In other words, other top athletes, psychologists, or people with interesting life experiences etc are good candidates

4/ share his dreams

eg: of contributing to the Tohoku recovery efforts, or building up FS training centers in Japan

I don't see him dating so soon though. His mind right now is too pre-occupied with FS, earphones, ice shows, and his studies. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Agreed. In reality, successful people like him tend to either not want to get married or get married at a late age. Because he said he wanted to get married at 25 26 so I think he may like someone he finds admirable ( sorry but I suddenly remember a shy Yuzuru in front of his idol Plushenko lol ) 

12 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The funniest thing would be if he announced he got married already. :pouty:The off-season is already wild as it is.

Do you know many Japanese celebrities choose that way. :pouty:

19 minutes ago, Inuyuuki said:

https://twitter.com/yuzuruloop/status/993867576936681472?s=09

Please can somebody tell me where this is from or give me a link to the full video? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This comes up pretty often. Please wait until Lady Kaeryth blesses you with her devine knowledge. Or until someone else is brave enough to go back through all these messy pages and dig it up. :P

Sorry, sorry, sorry. :facepalm: Can we please just pretend I joined my posts together? 

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Can you believe that it's not even 3 months since we heard the "My ankle is so busted, I may never skate again" speech? And now all these ice shows. Did Brian lose the swan bag? 

Well we know he definitely lost his hair.....  :knc_brian3::knc_brian3::knc_brian3: