General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

While it may be true in some cases and for some skaters, Hanyu also does hover hands when skaters are in their training gear, at figure skating dinner parties, and also at TCC. There's also pictures where he didn't used to hover hand Yulia and more recently Satoko. He's okay with males in any costumes or without too.

I just think he's more aware of shippers even if he's not on social and the possible scandals that could be, and developed a consciousness and manners around it.

I think it has more to do with general manners. As an Asian I feel like he wouldn't put his hand on the waist of a girl he's not so familiar with. It's quite common to do so in Asia, we call it 'manner hands'.

19 hours ago, Forcefield said:

While it may be true in some cases and for some skaters, Hanyu also does hover hands when skaters are in their training gear, at figure skating dinner parties, and also at TCC. There's also pictures where he didn't used to hover hand Yulia and more recently Satoko. He's okay with males in any costumes or without too.

I just think he's more aware of shippers even if he's not on social and the possible scandals that could be, and developed a consciousness and manners around it.

Hmm... maybe. Although he definitely isn't the only one. It seems to be a habit amongst figure skaters... maybe back to my original supposition that it's about manners.

19 hours ago, kelly said:

I think it has more to do with general manners. As an Asian I feel like he wouldn't put his hand on the waist of a girl he's not so familiar with. It's quite common to do so in Asia, we call it 'manner hands'.

Hmm... but it's definitely not just Asian skaters who use "manner hands" (I LOVE your term for it, and no matter the reason, I'm never calling it anything other than "manner hands.")  I suppose it's possible that, because the sport is being taken over by Asians, Asian manners may have become the norm???

57 minutes ago, Toni said:

Hmm... maybe. Although he definitely isn't the only one. It seems to be a habit amongst figure skaters... maybe back to my original supposition that it's about manners.

There are photos to show that with women he (presumably) knows better/well, he doesn't seem to use the "hand hover". So that would be suggestive it is about manners and respecting the personal space of the opposite gender. I've not seen any photo where he seems to use the "hand hover" with other guys, whether he (presumably) knows them well or not.

As an Asian woman I never had anyone touch my waist. If it’s a group photo and any man do that I would walk away. It’s just weird and I never touch people unless it’s necessary. I think it’s just Yuzuru has that perspective. Isn’t that normal? It’s normal here.

He does touch some ladies.. but usually when they hug him first and he has no choice or be thought rude!! Think of all the Russian girls who go for him so that now he's used to it, then the ice dancers who hug him, he did touch Mai a few times on her waist/back at WTT exhibition...  so there are some, but yeah, I"m sure he's well aware of shipping and tries to avoid anything if possible. Don't blame him one bit.

I've had guys put their hands on my waist for pictures, even if I don't know them well. I don't like it, but some people are more touchy feely than others because of their own culture etc., and here there's no cultural rule/custom against it.... although I do think that may be changing a bit now with this MeToo movement. 

I realized that he started to do it more starting in 2015 (IDK why maybe that was when he had that dating rumor) but he used to be more carefree around the ladies- he used to be really touchy with Kananko. So I guess he's trying to avoid any dating rumors which he shouldn't be worried about (But that's another story). and that girl is noticeably a lot shorter than him (like Satoko and Yulia circa 2014) I guess he feels fine enough to not have manner hands with them.

1 hour ago, Cerunias said:

There are photos to show that with women he (presumably) knows better/well, he doesn't seem to use the "hand hover". So that would be suggestive it is about manners and respecting the personal space of the opposite gender. I've not seen any photo where he seems to use the "hand hover" with other guys, whether he (presumably) knows them well or not.

I HAVE seen it, which why I was convinced it was the dirty, wet gloves. I've also seen more than one guy treat Yuzu that way. I never noticed any of this until someone here mentioned it, now I can't NOT see it.

Sorry to be whiny/b*tchy but can we move on? He's just a very polite and respectful young man.

Soooo where do we think he is now? Toronto? Anyone know the Canadian SOI schedule, could Jeff have some free time to be working on choreo with him? Off season is rough!

2 minutes ago, skateIT said:

Sorry to be whiny/b*tchy but can we move on? He's just a very polite and respectful young man.

Soooo where do we think he is now? Toronto? Anyone know the Canadian SOI schedule, could Jeff have some free time to be working on choreo with him? Off season is rough!

He's probably in Toronto now