General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Maldives! :biggrin:

(I am joking but I would so pack him off on a vacation there)

He doesn't like beaches because the sand gets between his toes. 

But why Maldives? Send him off to england to the forest so he can go after the poohs. 

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

He doesn't like beaches because the sand gets between his toes. 

But why Maldives? Send him off to england to the forest so he can go after the poohs. 

Have you seen Maldives?! :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: We ( @liv ) can go with him. For ... mental support. 

(he can come to good old England any day. Though I'd advise to miss summer, way too many tourists)

41 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Have you seen Maldives?! :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: We ( @liv ) can go with him. For ... mental support. 

(he can come to good old England any day. Though I'd advise to miss summer, way too many tourists)

I guess you meant he mentally supports us and not us mentally support him, hahahahahaha, sounds quite sustainable!

13 hours ago, Cerunias said:

Olympic channel coming to full realisation that Hanyu is hot property currently and a reasonably bankable name especially in FS, and so happily making as many mentions as possible?

On the topic of bankability, I read previously that Hanyu was valued at approx $2m - with the PC success, I would have thought that's a bit undervalued now?

IIRC the tshirt and bracelet sales for the parade far exceeded the amount needed to run the parade, and so no tax dollars were used...does anyone remember the exact amount that was raised? I saw it in a post or tweet somewhere and can't find it. I recall it was something like 5-6 figures? If he raised that much for one event it means there's no way that number is right now, it's too low :biggrin:

Also think of how many signed boots he might have in his possession :smiley-laughing021:

Someone here noticed, a while back, that Yuzu never seems to actually touch women when he puts his hand around their backs for photos.  They wondered why.  At first, I thought it might be that he felt it was rude to actually touch a woman he doesn't know so well, but this got me watching ALL the skaters behavior in this regard, and it turns out to be very common for the men not to touch the ladies. But it's also not only women who aren't touched.  Noticing that the men who aren't touched are normally wearing fancy costumes, I think I've solved this mystery. 

These costumes cost many thousands of dollars each, and are covered in gems and sequins -- especially the ladies costumes. I think most figure skaters are cognizant of this and do their best not to damage each other's costumes. Since Yuzu also touches the ice for a long time when he hydroblades, I think it may be particularly important to him not to touch any expensive costumes with his dirty wet gloves. 

5 minutes ago, Toni said:

Someone here noticed, a while back, that Yuzu never seems to actually touch women when he puts his hand around their backs for photos.  They wondered why.  At first, I thought it might be that he felt it was rude to actually touch a woman he doesn't know so well, but this got me watching ALL the skaters behavior in this regard, and it turns out to be very common for the men not to touch the ladies. But it's also not only women who aren't touched.  Noticing that the men who aren't touched are normally wearing fancy costumes, I think I've solved this mystery. 

These costumes cost many thousands of dollars each, and are covered in gems and sequins -- especially the ladies costumes. I think most figure skaters are cognizant of this and do their best not to damage each other's costumes. Since Yuzu also touches the ice for a long time when he hydroblades, I think it may be particularly important to him not to touch any expensive costumes with his dirty wet gloves. 

While it may be true in some cases and for some skaters, Hanyu also does hover hands when skaters are in their training gear, at figure skating dinner parties, and also at TCC. There's also pictures where he didn't used to hover hand Yulia and more recently Satoko. He's okay with males in any costumes or without too.

I just think he's more aware of shippers even if he's not on social and the possible scandals that could be, and developed a consciousness and manners around it.