General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I'm teetering on the brink of ordering a bag - this is so far outside my comfort zone - but the design is so pretty.....

ahh don't make me consider getting a bag too... CDJapan's proxy service is pretty straightforward for CiONTU goods, assuming it all works out. Hoping they can process the orders before the shop closes now.

37 minutes ago, lazuliblade said:

Oh wow. I was going to head out and see if I could be productive with a change of scenery, but if there really is a broadcast, then I guess I'll stick around.

I’d love to watch, anyone know of someone hosting a rabbit? Though this is kinda last minute, I know. But unseen Yuzu footage! 😍

7 hours ago, icecreamy said:

Age range of that group spans from 16-college, maybe. I can’t imagine ladies older than that would mentally process an athlete into more of a hubby role, as this fascianation actually bears little into what he actually achieved and is pursuing. I can’t deal with those categorization and discrepancies so I am using Weibo as a source for translation material; there are other skaters I follow and cheer on, although some might be Yuzu’s opponent; and I really want Yuzu to keep winning. That’s the beauty of sports, and I guess part of him, as a skater, would want more people to start appreciate figure skating in general. Being able to appreciate and respect other skaters is help the sport grow healthy.

However, there is no bias here. As long as everyone supports Yuzu positively and not drawing false media attention, it’s all good

I hate Weibo's UI layout scheme, it's too messy to me. Hence, I generally don't follow them. But knowing some fans IRL, I know which camp I belong to, and personally find it more amusing than anything. 

But due to how that fangroup views him, kind of as a sacred, shared type of holiness, that's kind of why things are still under control. And even the super possessive ones won't have the guts to really do anything other than be keyboard warriors at most (and usually that gets controlled).

Spoiler

@sweetwater: media portrayals of fans has never been kind. Honestly, I can imagine some media willing to bait fans to react just to generate news content. 

22 minutes ago, Shawnmendesluv said:

Latest tweet from Olympic Channel

Olympic channel coming to full realisation that Hanyu is hot property currently and a reasonably bankable name especially in FS, and so happily making as many mentions as possible?

On the topic of bankability, I read previously that Hanyu was valued at approx $2m - with the PC success, I would have thought that's a bit undervalued now?

Ok, CiONTU merch follow up question. Anyone else from the US who has used cdjapan? Which shipping option would be best? airmail, SAL small packet, etc. Should I just go for cheapest? I'm getting a t shirt, clear files, and the commemorative book.