General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, wpisces said:
  Hide contents

This kind of reaction seems popular among Chinese/ Japanese fandom, right? I'm not Chinese but I sometimes use Weibo for downloading photo and I often watch fanvids on Bilibili too. There are times I read comments on Bilibili ( of course with the help of Auto Google Translation) I was surprised that Chinese fans care so much about his future girlfriend/ wife, some overreact whenever someone is curious about his sexuality.  Why they pay so much attention to his privacy such as his sexually, his family, his relationship with others :slinkaway:There are almost no Western fans who see Yuzu as their "future hubby", they don't care about his private life in general.  They always keep in mind that none of them have a chance with him anyway, so these kinds of things don't matter. 

Spoiler

I don't follow Japanese fandom, but some sections of Chinese fandom does (still a small minority to be fair).  What is interesting about Chinese fandom is that the female fandom is very young, most of the ones I've met IRL are the 19-26 age bracket. Relatively speaking, he's in their age range, and well in China, thanks to the education system, that's usually when you start thinking about issues like boyfriends and types etc. And frankly, let's admit it, Yuzu is probably something like an ideal type to plenty of ladies in that age range: smart-check, not bad looking-check, considerate enough-check, good family background-check.

The idea of being attracted to his looks first, then his skating and stayed for his skating and character, is kind of how a lot of IRL fans I know of got into him. But there is also a line between the possessive ones, and the ones who joke that he's their "hubby" but only in the "he's everyone's hubby" type of way. The latter view, that Yuzu is everyone's husband to be shared, is more common. It's a bit of a safe projection type I guess, a bit like chasing after a shoujo manga male lead. 

What's amusing to me is there are classification of types of fans. Apparently I fall on the "polygamous" camp, since I've openly declared that I like other skaters too, including some skaters who are his rivals, and would actually defend some of them. A lot of the ones I've met fall into the "protective mother hen" camp, in that they are curious about his private life, but generally accept what he does and would defend him from any type of harm. I think most of the ones I've met are the protective mother hen type, and uh, they don't get along with the super possessive fans. >_>

I saw somewhere on Twitter a small vid cut from Olympics gala practice video (  CCTV I guess)  in which Yuzuru playfully poked  Dabin Choi's forehead. I find that moment so cute but I can't find that video. Anyone has that video/gif? 

56 minutes ago, wpisces said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This kind of reaction seems popular among Chinese/ Japanese fandom, right? I'm not Chinese but I sometimes use Weibo for downloading photo and I often watch fanvids on Bilibili too. There are times I read comments on Bilibili ( of course with the help of Auto Google Translation) I was surprised that Chinese fans care so much about his future girlfriend/ wife, some overreact whenever someone is curious about his sexuality.  Why they pay so much attention to his privacy such as his sexually, his family, his relationship with others :slinkaway:There are almost no Western fans who see Yuzu as their "future hubby", they don't care about his private life in general.  They always keep in mind that none of them have a chance with him anyway, so these kinds of things don't matter. 

Spoiler

Japanese fandom is so vast, so I don't know if such tendency really is popular among us. Japanese fandom consists of all kinds of people of all ages. How each fan sees him differs in each case because they all have different backgrounds to like him. There must be a certain amount of fans who got a serious crush on him but I think it's OK as long as they are aware that he has his own life and they have to respect it. I'm more annoyed by casual shippers who don't care much about the consequences of what they write on the internet.

What I'm worried most is not the reactions from some fans but the fuss caused by them because it would attract media's attention and make them write articles full of bullshits about him again. I think many old fans in Japan are keeping calm now to avoid such situation.

1 hour ago, Nutmeg said:

:english2:

The only thing certain right now is that Medvedeva split with her coach. 

We have no reliable sources so far that say she will train at TCC.

If she does, I'll be way more curious about what this means for her future career and her rivalry with Alina than about how this relates to Yuzu. Actually, I'm already very curious about many things regarding Med and her split from Eteri, but discussing them here would be off-topic.

I know. That's why I think the title is a clickbait.

1 hour ago, Xen said:
  Hide contents

I don't follow Japanese fandom, but some sections of Chinese fandom does (still a small minority to be fair).  What is interesting about Chinese fandom is that the female fandom is very young, most of the ones I've met IRL are the 19-26 age bracket. Relatively speaking, he's in their age range, and well in China, thanks to the education system, that's usually when you start thinking about issues like boyfriends and types etc. And frankly, let's admit it, Yuzu is probably something like an ideal type to plenty of ladies in that age range: smart-check, not bad looking-check, considerate enough-check, good family background-check.

The idea of being attracted to his looks first, then his skating and stayed for his skating and character, is kind of how a lot of IRL fans I know of got into him. But there is also a line between the possessive ones, and the ones who joke that he's their "hubby" but only in the "he's everyone's hubby" type of way. The latter view, that Yuzu is everyone's husband to be shared, is more common. It's a bit of a safe projection type I guess, a bit like chasing after a shoujo manga male lead. 

What's amusing to me is there are classification of types of fans. Apparently I fall on the "polygamous" camp, since I've openly declared that I like other skaters too, including some skaters who are his rivals, and would actually defend some of them. A lot of the ones I've met fall into the "protective mother hen" camp, in that they are curious about his private life, but generally accept what he does and would defend him from any type of harm. I think most of the ones I've met are the protective mother hen type, and uh, they don't get along with the super possessive fans. >_>

Age range of that group spans from 16-college, maybe. I can’t imagine ladies older than that would mentally process an athlete into more of a hubby role, as this fascianation actually bears little into what he actually achieved and is pursuing. I can’t deal with those categorization and discrepancies so I am using Weibo as a source for translation material; there are other skaters I follow and cheer on, although some might be Yuzu’s opponent; and I really want Yuzu to keep winning. That’s the beauty of sports, and I guess part of him, as a skater, would want more people to start appreciate figure skating in general. Being able to appreciate and respect other skaters is help the sport grow healthy.

However, there is no bias here. As long as everyone supports Yuzu positively and not drawing false media attention, it’s all good

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Here's a short footage of their rehearsal too

Reveal hidden contents

It's so heartwarming too see  Nanami's interactions with Yuzuru,  even when she isn't his coach anymore :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: I hope that one day we will see Yuzuru doing another program choreographed by her, maybe at future CiONTU shows. And probably a lot o people don't know this but she also did team Japan's choreography at WTT 2017. Here's some pics with Yuzuru:

http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/large/71694439gy1ff8pejuxl3j20yh0qo46u.jpg doesn't want to be embedded :59227c768286a__s:

e15e2da739f6b96f8d3aeb407d4d1bec.jpg

6 hours ago, meoima said:

Because she is on vacation and suddenly feels like she wants to enjoy Twitter? So?????? 

I go back to my previous comments about the love/hate relationship of celebs and media, which is something that Mr Hanyu himself exhibits. This tweet is likely completely innocent, and like others have said, Ms Medvedeva just enjoying a holiday and been off Twitter, or that she's just another person who enjoys the same manga.

But these actions are a perfect illustration of my point. If that's the case, why the particular text that she tweeted, and why now at this particular moment? That's all speculation, indeed, but speculation arises if it is allowed the chance (at best of times, people speculate even if a celeb doesn't feed the trolls). I mentioned in my previous comments that there those celebs who have been in the game a long time have tips and tricks to manage the media, and insulate themselves from the more damaging aspects of it, and still use the media to promote their causes/products/etc. And I would daresay that lesson 1 is "don't feed the trolls". As another poster pointed out previously, it's almost like Ms Medvedeva is inviting speculation.

Given the trouble that Mr Hanyu has had with the media, I hope that he finds a way within himself to deal with it in a positive manner, because unfortunately, it's not exactly possible to stop the media speculating, and so all he can do is find a way within himself to deal with it and not suffer from the deleterious and ruinous effects of the speculation of others.

Unfortunately, now one site has started the speculation, let the deluge begin with every other news website picking this up and carrying it on. I remember a parable about rumours, likening them to a fistful of feathers let loose into the wind...

36 minutes ago, Yoa said:

It's so heartwarming too see  Nanami's interactions with Yuzuru,  even when she isn't his coach anymore :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: I hope that one day we will see Yuzuru doing another program choreographed by her, maybe at future CiONTU shows. And probably a lot o people don't know this but she also did team Japan's choreography at WTT 2017. Here's some pics with Yuzuru:

http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/large/71694439gy1ff8pejuxl3j20yh0qo46u.jpg doesn't want to be embedded :59227c768286a__s:

e15e2da739f6b96f8d3aeb407d4d1bec.jpg

:smiley-love017:this is just so sweet in many ways

10 hours ago, Noelle said:

Current mood: exercising every ounce of restraint to not purchase every single magazine suggested as a "frequently bought with" item on Amazon JP. I don't even usually buy fan merchandise type stuff but everything is so pretty... How do you guys do this... :13877886:

I'm teetering on the brink of ordering a bag - this is so far outside my comfort zone - but the design is so pretty.....