General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, meoima said:

People should stop speculating whatever other skaters do on their own social media might have related to Yuzuru. They don’t live his life and they have their own lives. Let them enjoy whatever they like.

So true. There's no need to discuss about her here anyway.. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, wpisces said:

I'm not sure if Yuzuru needs that to gain attention. I remember he said in a press post PC that it would be more and more stressful from now because media would follow him everywhere and everytime. It sounds like he doesn't like obsessive attention from media much. If he is lurking, he surely knows what media has done to him ( shipping, rumors, criticism,...) without having ( official) SNS accounts. Everybody cares how Misha, Evgenia, Javier feel when they get attacked by Yuzuru's fans and hardcore shippers but Yuzuru,  how does he feel when witnessing all these kinds of things on the internet. 

I think that is one (not the main) reason Yuzu's continuing to train in Toronto (the main one is the quality of life and training environment with Brian, Tracy and company).  In Toronto he is relatively anonymous, partly because of the size of the city (many times the size of Sendai) which automatically gives anonymity, and the Japanese media aren't there on a 24/7 basis.  As far as the question of whether he's lurking on the Planet, I wouldn't be surprised if he is.  The way others here have spoken of how the Planet compares in civility and such issues to other forums, I think if Yuzu would lurk anywhere here is exactly where it would be.  Another reason, though, I think he would be interested here to strengthen his English, having access to many media resources here which are in English-subtitled Japanese.  Since they deal with topics that are familiar to him the English he encounters here has the relevance that formal English courses lack.

The question of whether he should come out of hiding or remain as is, I would certainly strongly ask he remain out of sight.  If the word got out that he was actively watching this forum the Planet would be inundated with new members, many of which would be the kind of negative elements this forum has managed so far to keep out.  I don't think we need those kinds of members and those kinds of problems.

A final slightly off-topic for this post - Should Yuzu continue training in Toronto?  Well, outside of the continuing work under his coaching team, which argues strongly that if it's not broke (it obviously isn't broke) don't fix it, there is the added element of proximity to other world-class skaters.  Javi is gone (more or less) but Cha is there and I think under TCC guidance will be moving up the ranks on the world scene fairly rapidly.  He isn't in Javi's class and may never be.  On the other hand Stephen Gogolev is there and he looks very likely (barring permanent problems due to expected physical growth) to become part of the performing elite in some future date.  In contrast to other junior-level skaters in Canada he is so much the superior that in Canadian-only competitions he is already skating on the senior level, despite the fact he turned just 13 last December.  He begins junior level competition this upcoming season.  I think because of that Brian will probably now have Stephen training with the big boys.  I think Stephen's presence there, along with Cha's, will do much to replace Javi's absence.  We have to remember that both Javi and Yuzu have said their mutual presence strengthened both of them over the years.

I don't think we should underestimate Stephen Gogolev, despite his lack of the skills that are so much a part of the PCS.  Those will come.  The thing is that he is very much a part of Brian's program in ways that none of the other mega-talented skaters Brian has now and has had in the past.  Stephen's been with Brian since age seven, arriving with his family from Russia at approximately the same time Yuzu did.  Basically Stephen has been with Brian since the infancy of his training.  He's 100% a Brian Orser product.  Yuzu is a brand name for TCC,  Inc,  as was Javi.  They both came from other coaches to TCC. 

I don't know anything about Javi's previous coaching but I think Nanami was just what Yuzu needed at the time, a talented coach in Japan.  She was his coach at the time of the earthquake and would obviously have been on the scene to nurse him through that trauma.  I wouldn't be surprised if she saw Yuzu's move to TCC as something he needed to get past the quake's psychological effects on Yuzu, a means of putting distance between him and home, although that wouldn't have been the sole reason.  She'd been on the scene when he was almost ready to give up skating, feeling he had to become involved in the reconstruction in a more physical manner.  I don't know how instrumental she was in getting him to remain in skating but we do know from several different interviews that Yuzu almost left skating then, partly because of the initial difficulty in finding a training facility, but also wishing to help more substantively in the recovery from the quake and for Sendai much more significantly, the tsunami.  I don't know how many of you have visited YouTube and looked at the utter devastation wreaked on the northern Japanese coast, not only the aftermath, but seeing the destruction as it was occurring (the earthquake and tsunami are the most closely visually documented disaster in human history) but you would be appalled at what you are watching.  However it came about, Yuzu did move to Toronto and the rest, as they say, is history. 

As for the initial reason for the post, I will address this to a possibly lurking Yuzu - Please keep hiding.  We give you a means of knowing the best of your fans and thus an insight into what is behind the Poohvalanches you witness every time you finish performing at a competition.  You are arguably the most fanatically-loved skater in figure-skating history with those fanatics of the better sort here.  With you possibly lurking we can continue to give you insight as to what makes us tick and hopefully because of that,  because of knowing there are those like us out there we can be part of the incentive for you to continue skating, to letting us see the incredible skater and the incredible human being you are.  Don't spoil it for us and don't spoil it for yourself by coming out of the shadows.

31 minutes ago, astudyofmemory said:

Hopping in to to say that, um, no. I really feel the need to remind people that Zhenya's actions are her own and not due to Yuzuru. She's been a fan of the show/manga for a long time, even before we discovered that Yuzu is a fan as well. She would sometimes tweet about it. It's entirely possible for two separate people to be fans of something~ I myself am a huge fan of the manga, am I suddenly also going to be drawn into the speculation?

Of course! It's just, like the OP pointed out, that the timing is interesting: she doesn't post for two months, and then in one day, she posts that thing that will make people think of Yuzu, just as somes articles saying she might move to the same training centre as him pop out! Probably a coincidence, but you can understand why that gave some of us pause, can't you?

ETA: changing topics, as Micaelis is talking about Yuzu's move to Toronto and whether he should stay there, to ask: how much time does Yuzu actually spend in Toronto? I thought he lived there full time, but then I just read this article published in March 2016, "Orser, Hanyu embrace long-distance relationship", which seems to indicate he actually spends a fair amount of time in Japan? Or at least, that that was the case in the winters of 2014 and 2015?

Hanyu arrived in Toronto at the beginning of last August to start training for this season. From then until the end of November, he was based at the Cricket Club (with the exception of some late summer shows in Japan)

Hanyu was away from Toronto for three months before returning Feb. 26

last season, as Hanyu pushed through the exhaustion that followed his runs to the 2014 Olympic and world titles, a string of injuries and surgery to remove a cyst from his bladder meant the skater was away even longer so he could receive medical care at home.
He trained in Japan from the end of November through late March, when, at the world championships in Shanghai, Hanyu finished second to Javier Fernández of Spain.

13 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

Of course! It's just, like the OP pointed out, that the timing is interesting: she doesn't post for two months, and then in one day, she posts that thing that will make people think of Yuzu, just as somes articles saying she might move to the same training centre as him pop out! Probably a coincidence, but you can understand why that gave some of us pause, can't you?

Because she is on vacation and suddenly feels like she wants to enjoy Twitter? So?????? 

45 minutes ago, astudyofmemory said:

Hopping in to to say that, um, no. I really feel the need to remind people that Zhenya's actions are her own and not due to Yuzuru. She's been a fan of the show/manga for a long time, even before we discovered that Yuzu is a fan as well. She would sometimes tweet about it. It's entirely possible for two separate people to be fans of something~ I myself am a huge fan of the manga, am I suddenly also going to be drawn into the speculation? :party2: Besides, the third season of the anime started airing just recently (contrary to this tweet hehe) and there's been a lot of talk about it, it makes sense that she would start tweeting about something that she loves as it's occurring.

I'm sorry for being that person but it's sorely needed atm

Exactly - she's her own person. People need to stop reading so much into an 18 year old girl's social media posts. She is her own person and isn't defined by who is interacting with. Sorry if I sound preachy but this sort of stuff annoys the heck out of me. OK off my soap box now 

*sigh* I don't get annoyed often, but the social media bruhhaha over Medvedeva's actions are it. 

1) It's high time that people get over it, and realize that we're at a time and age where it's perfectly okay for a guy and gal to be normal, good friends without having the intention of dating each other. This means of course, certain official twitter channels need to STFU *I'm looking at you 5 rings channel*.

2) Medvedeva is doing something for herself, not for Yuzu. She's an independent young woman capable of earning her own income with her own fame-she doesn't really need Yuzu. 

There's a separate thread for these coaching changes, and I've already mentioned this there. But already, there will be sectors of both hers and Yuzu's fandom that will go into hyper-nuts action. Shippers will start going into overdrive mode, which then drives the possessive "no one can have my future hubby Zuzu" sections into overdrive mode. I hope us, as a good, kind polite Yuzu fandom quarter refrains from joining in. And if anything, provide a form of relief for both Yuzu and whomever his potential new training mates are, from the more crazy sectors of the FS fandom (not just the Yuzu sector, but all sectors).

Anyways, sorry if this is Off Topic, and it came off a bit more sharp and offended anyone. 

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

*sigh* I don't get annoyed often, but the social media bruhhaha over Medvedeva's actions are it. 

1) It's high time that people get over it, and realize that we're at a time and age where it's perfectly okay for a guy and gal to be normal, good friends without having the intention of dating each other. This means of course, certain official twitter channels need to STFU *I'm looking at you 5 rings channel*

I doubt very much the Olympics channel tweeted about it due to 'shipping'.

It is the idea that someone who is a two time Worlds, Euros and GPF champion and has just had a very successful Olympics where she got the OSM (plus team OSM) is suddenly going to start training in the same place where the two time, back to back, OGM is training (insert everything else ofc). 

Not everything is about shipping. Here it is more about two such huge champions congregating into one place, the place that is known for having trained Yuna too. 

It actually is pretty formidable, not even going to lie because depending how the dice roll, The Cricket Club will end up with not just the male champion but one of the top ladies, if not both the male and the female champion (who btw brings with her the knowledge of her previous school). 

This is why Brian's choice to say yes is quite understandable on some level. It's risky but the benefits... this is frankly media gold. I hope it turns into TCC gold too, and it just might cement the club's status as they need just this much, a strong lady to push it over. 

15 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I doubt very much the Olympics channel tweeted about it due to 'shipping'.

It is the idea that someone who is a two time Worlds, Euros and GPF champion and has just had a very successful Olympics where she got the OSM (plus team OSM) is suddenly going to start training in the same place where the two time, back to back, OGM is training (insert everything else ofc). 

Not everything is about shipping. Here it is more about two such huge champions congregating into one place, the place that is known for having trained Yuna too. 

It actually is pretty formidable, not even going to lie because depending how the dice roll, The Cricket Club will end up with not just the male champion but one of the top ladies, if not both the male and the female champion (who btw brings with her the knowledge of her previous school). 

This is why Brian's choice to say yes is quite understandable on some level. It's risky but the benefits... this is frankly media gold. I hope it turns into TCC gold too, and it just might cement the club's status as they need just this much, a strong lady to push it over. 

I'm not sure I buy into the idea that they're totally unaware of it. 

Anyways, I hope shipping doesn't start here in any way shape or form. And yeah, it does look formidable in that sense. TCC powerhouse central

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm not sure I buy into the idea that they're totally unaware of it. 

Anyways, I hope shipping doesn't start here in any way shape or form. And yeah, it does look formidable in that sense. TCC powerhouse central

Eh, Yuzuru's name is the biggest draw so they used it but if you look at the video they're talking about Javier too. They call them the Dream Team (which harkens back to the magical, famous NBA team that played at the Olympics actually, in 1992) with Russian ice sensation joining the other two and how Brian guided Zu and Javier to their medals, with Zhenya expressing her desire to become stronger. It's definitely about the prospect of all these amazing athletes being in one place. Powerhouse central is right! :laughing:

I mean shipping will happen, we have no control over it except from what we do in 'our house' so I am not thinking much about it to be honest. It will be fine or as fine as it can be really and at some points, their names will be connected due to TCC, without any motive apart from just that, amazing athletes in an amazing place. 

31 minutes ago, Xen said:

which then drives the possessive "no one can have my future hubby Zuzu" sections into overdrive mode.

Spoiler

This kind of reaction seems popular among Chinese/ Japanese fandom, right? I'm not Chinese but I sometimes use Weibo for downloading photo and I often watch fanvids on Bilibili too. There are times I read comments on Bilibili ( of course with the help of Auto Google Translation) I was surprised that Chinese fans care so much about his future girlfriend/ wife, some overreact whenever someone is curious about his sexuality.  Why they pay so much attention to his privacy such as his sexually, his family, his relationship with others :slinkaway:There are almost no Western fans who see Yuzu as their "future hubby", they don't care about his private life in general.  They always keep in mind that none of them have a chance with him anyway, so these kinds of things don't matter. 

2 hours ago, Huiqi said:

Olympic channel milking the Yuzu content again hahaha

:english2:

The only thing certain right now is that Medvedeva split with her coach. 

We have no reliable sources so far that say she will train at TCC.

If she does, I'll be way more curious about what this means for her future career and her rivalry with Alina than about how this relates to Yuzu. Actually, I'm already very curious about many things regarding Med and her split from Eteri, but discussing them here would be off-topic.