General Yuzuru Chat

aww but what Junhyeong said here is similiar to what Yuzu has said before (well maybe not the part abt having no specific goal) 

"I don't skate towards a goal, I just skate because i enjoy it. So Pyeongchang is not a goal nor the end for me."

23 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

The Olympic podium belongs to the skaters whom are able to deliver, when it counts, under a huge amount of pressure. To me, Yuzuru already has his name written, IF NOT ON THE GOLD, on the silver. Because he's the one with the most experience. Yes, Patrick and Javier are older, but I am positive they've never felt all of the pressure Yuzuru has felt since he won Sochi. I think it's a question of mental sanity. To be there, and to be able to filter your thoughts, letting only the positive thoughts get absorbed. 

If you're at the Olympics and you start thinking "if I fail here, I'll have failed everything", or "the whole world is watching me, if I make a mistake everyone will remember that" or "that skater looks more motivated than me", and so on, chances are the thoughts are going to reach you while you're performing. 

I believe Yuzuru will be able, when it counts, to have the right thoughts. Everyone (the press) is trying to insert bad thoughts in him like "He's the only one with something to lose", but I don't think he sees it that way. He sees himself equal to everyone else, and sees the Olympics as the greatest occasion to show his vision of skating to the world. He's had experience defending titles, he's had experience winning medals despite injuries, and he never fails to deliver, when it counts, no matter the amount of pressure.

Yeah and I think recently he is becoming more relaxed in attitude towards the Olympic in a good way. I think in an after worlds interview he said that at first he think that the Olympic game is gonna be THE ULTIMATE showing of his skating life, but after this season's growth in increment in every competition, he learned that every competition is equally important as a opportunity to show the accumulation of accomplishment in his skating thus far, and olympic is just another chance, like any other competition.

I actually think this mentality will help him lift off some weird pressure and is the correct mentality to go clean and become a winner for PC olympic! :0006::59227c714c767__s:

3 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Yeah and I think recently he is becoming more relaxed in attitude towards the Olympic in a good way. I think in an after worlds interview he said that at first he think that the Olympic game is gonna be THE ULTIMATE showing of his skating life, but after this season's growth in increment in every competition, he learned that every competition is equally important as a opportunity to show the accumulation of accomplishment in his skating thus far, and olympic is just another chance, like any other competition.

I actually think this mentality will help him lift off some weird pressure and is the correct mentality to go clean and become a winner for PC olympic! :0006::59227c714c767__s:

I almost hope he could think something like this:

"Well, all my youth I thought I wanted two Olympic gold medals to really become a legend of skating. But I didn't say these two golds had to be CONSECUTIVE. If Pyeongchang doesn't satisfy me, I'll just stay competitive until the next Olympics!" 

(How I wish he would say that :sadPooh:)

5 minutes ago, anyanee said:

Even if he's not on top of the podium. I'm okay if it's fair. Losing is ordinary in sport. I'm saying again "if it's fair"......

Ooh there's gonna be some blood shed and bones break if he loses because of unfairness *Summon meoima's angry cats* :68506632:

14 minutes ago, meoima said:

He will do well at the Olympic. All the struggles and challenges he has been suffering these 4 years are for that day.

yes!! and if you're saying it there's no way he won't do well!! :heartbeat:

6 minutes ago, liha said:

yes!! and if you're saying it there's no way he won't do well!! :heartbeat:

You get to believe it's the universe putting itself together to throw challenges at Yuzuru, to make him grow stronger and become the skater of all skaters. There has never been a skater that gets so many challenges and struggles like Yuzuru and yet he still faces those difficulties with grace and honesty and keeps getting stronger. The gold at Sochi was just the beginning. 

Reflecting on what a good decision PW was, as a music choice, during Olympic year, makes me think about the kind of piece that he and Jeff should pick to repeat the wonderful winning streak that PW had 4 years ago. 

PW is a strong, energetic piece, with a certain personality - that gets completed and expanded with Yuzuru's personality - but what makes me think the most is the tempo. PW's tempo is actually pretty tame. If you take a metronome you'll see that the first part is 58 BPM, and the second part is 79 BPM. In music, you could call both tempos Adagio. Pretty slow. No matter how many notes the guitar solo put in there. 

And the tempo is very important for a skater's mind, because they can "sync" their breathing, their movements, with a slow tempo. Meaning, since PW had a nice rhythm, inserted in a slow tempo, Yuzuru succeeded in executing it with a calm and energetic mind.

Okay these are just random thoughts. I have too much time on my hands and am stressing too much with this Olympic talk!!

I LOVE PW VRY MUCH. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Reflecting on what a good decision PW was, as a music choice, during Olympic year, makes me think about the kind of piece that he and Jeff should pick to repeat the wonderful winning streak that PW had 4 years ago. 

PW is a strong, energetic piece, with a certain personality - that gets completed and expanded with Yuzuru's personality - but what makes me think the most is the tempo. PW's tempo is actually pretty tame. If you take a metronome you'll see that the first part is 58 BPM, and the second part is 79 BPM. In music, you could call both tempos Adagio. Pretty slow. No matter how many notes the guitar solo put in there. 

And the tempo is very important for a skater's mind, because they can "sync" their breathing, their movements, with a slow tempo. Meaning, since PW had a nice rhythm, inserted in a slow tempo, Yuzuru succeeded in executing it with a calm and energetic mind.

Okay these are just random thoughts. I have too much time on my hands and am stressing too much with this Olympic talk!!

I LOVE PW VRY MUCH. 

@Murieleirum that's very interesting!

I have no musical background or understanding, but were Ballade and LGC of a different tempo?

18 minutes ago, kiches said:

@Murieleirum that's very interesting!

I have no musical background or understanding, but were Ballade and LGC of a different tempo?

Ballade must be approx. close to the 'fast' part of PW, which is still pretty slow. Ballade also has the thing that there's a lot of breath between one musical phrase and another - the piano slows down considerably, so the tempo is really flexible here. But yeah, not surprisingly, this was a program that gave Yuzuru a chance to breath, especially in the first half. 

LGC, on the other hand, is 98 BPM, from start to finish (okay not including the small introduction). And I feel it, personally. LGC is a program that requires more energy, less (no) room for breathing, and this is just musically wise. Skating-wise, no need for me to tell you, just read the analysis. So, mentally, and musically, LGC was, in fact, more difficult than Chopin.