General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Stumbled upon a Japanese Yuzu fansite and it looks amazing! Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated since the 2015-2016 season but they've got a good archive of competition photos/vids.

I love this one! So many photos in the archive, too bad it's not been updated recently.

Which reminds me: Do you guys have recommendations for any professional/fan photographers on flickr/twitter etc to follow? I know of the obvious ones like Ninny and zhem_chug, who else? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, dotsquare said:

I've always wondered if Yuzu keeps a collection of all his magazine appearances and books. The fact that he follows pretty much all the media coverage on him makes me think that it's very likely :peekapooh:

Maybe not himself but perhaps his mom gets them all haha. Somehow it's always moms, when I listen to celebrity interviews they always say their moms keep magazines with all of their covers. Maybe because it's a more traditional media. :) 

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

This is the Planet's banner! <3 The satellites who attended ACI 2017 hanged it there for the first time! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This makes me wonder if Max is subscribed to the planet. Well, as a professional analyst I don't think he can reveal it, but we're named after his famous words after all!

Max if you're reading this, ciao! :peek: 

2 hours ago, yude said:

Exactly. It was so gorgeous at the bookstore that I did a double take :laughing: (but I couldn't buy it because I chose to buy Ice Jewels:13877886:). It is 2,000 yen but has high quality in everything IMO, different photos by Mika Ninagawa in AERA are also included.

I promised myself two things in february:  

1. To never buy anything AERA after the blue cover one (I was VERY disappointed with that number to say the least);

2. To not buy any more Yuzu merch till summer.

I already bought parade t-shirt, CiONTU t-shirt and some Yuzu exhibition merch :facepalm: and this AERA looks really good, and I think I will forgive them :13877886:

Thanks God for my work :bow: 

6 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

I promised myself two things in february:  

1. To never buy anything AERA after the blue cover one (I was VERY disappointed with that number to say the least);

2. To not buy any more Yuzu merch till summer.

I already bought parade t-shirt, CiONTU t-shirt and some Yuzu exhibition merch :facepalm: and this AERA looks really good, and I think I will forgive them :13877886:

Thanks God for my work :bow: 

Reminder. 

ESPN magazine is doing a feature story for Yuzuru and is coming out in May. And yes it will be in english lol

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

I love this one! So many photos in the archive, too bad it's not been updated recently.

Which reminds me: Do you guys have recommendations for any professional/fan photographers on flickr/twitter etc to follow? I know of the obvious ones like Ninny and zhem_chug, who else? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I don't know much about who they are, but there are many Russian photographers who share beautiful figure skating photos. I enjoyed seeing many photos of Yuzu in competitions held in Europe in the pre-Sochi era.

Elena Vasil'eva
balden
dolceflute
kkfksenia

I love photos by Elina Paasonen and Saya too
Elina Paasonen
http://elinapaasonen.com/
Saya

12 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Bby mushroom :mushroom7: Is there a video if this competition? 

Well whether or not there is, we'll know in the next CiONTU when he decides to go back and do the stsq to this program.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

I don't know much about who they are, but there are many Russian photographers who share beautiful figure skating photos. I enjoyed seeing many photos of Yuzu in competitions held in Europe in the pre-Sochi era.

Elena Vasil'eva
balden
dolceflute
kkfksenia

I love photos by Elina Paasonen and Saya too
Elina Paasonen
http://elinapaasonen.com/
Saya

Thank you!!! :snonegai:

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Bby mushroom :mushroom7: Is there a video if this competition? 

:embSwan: so cute!!! And his jump face hasn't changed at all... :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Any idea what the results were for this competition?

ETA: He placed 4th. :clap: