General Yuzuru Chat

45 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't think it's casual.  It's part of his strategy to discourage his opponents.  He might not be exactly duplicating what the other skater is attempting, but this is, I think, a subtle way of saying to the other skater that Yuzu's domination on skating skills is categorical, that at the drop of a hat he can match them, improvising to their own music.  He's saying that nobody is going to be able to match him as far as PCS is concerned (now that Patrick is no longer around).  By making other skaters nervous about their own command of skating skills he is managing to weaken them there.  He's also showing that he knows their programs almost as well as his own.  All in all he's saying that his position at the top of men's figure skating is not accidental.  He's there because he simply is better than everybody else.

I...... genuinely think that it's mostly because it's sometimes easier to time your jumps (when you're not doing a run through and just wanting to drill them) to the loud-ass music blaring over the speakers and/or it's just fun to twirl around bc there's a particularly nice phrase of music you're hearing (he did it for Deniss' Sway). he definitely does jumps as a way to establish dominance (see: 3A at GPF15 after Javi, 4Lo at Olys right in front of Nathan's face) but I don't think he's tripping over his own 4T pot hole on beat as some elaborate way of asserting his superior PCS potential lmfao

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Does anyone remember which practice video it was Yuzu jumped 2 single axels (pops) and a triple axel, in a semi-circle, on someone else's music accent (Shoma's LiL, maybe)? I think it would be a great addition to @kaerb's compilation. Paging  @kaeryth :laughing:

I think I know which video you're talking about :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:  the sequence was Waltz-1A-3A (+high kick)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNxblU9hiAr/?utm_source=ig_embed

Btw, while searching for the right video I found this one too :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOboHM5h8Qx/?utm_source=ig_embed

and this (Javi's music :10742290: the jump is at the end, on Shoma's Piantao:biggrin: it looks like PW 4T tho :rubeye:)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOfw9WXhCE8/?utm_source=ig_embed

:10814716:

As long as Yuzuru's in final group for WC/4CC/GP, I dont care if he's #3 or #6 in WS. He's #1 for years but never skate last in such events. Maybe he will have a better luck with drawing when he's not #1 WS anymore :laughing:

I find it more amazing that he's able to maintain top 3 despite missing more than half of the season. And amusing that for all that he's accomplished this season despite the lack of competitions, he's been bumped off the 1st place he's firmly hogged for the last quad and change. That's pretty lol material right there. Like he could've broken all the records again and again in all the few comps he's been in and Chen could've won all the major comps where he came in first with lower scores and we'd still be right here. That is, Hanyu getting dislodged like a loose tooth. >_<

And weighing in on the topic of him weighing himself, I'd be more surprised if he doesn't. Actually I was very surprised when he said he hadn't done it until very recently. I also imagine that he does it to make sure he didn't drop too much weight what with the intense metabolism his body has and, according to himself, the speed in which his muscles like to disappear on him.

I thought muscles turn into fat when not maintained, tho. What does his turn into? Thin air?

Another thought on Yuzu's number 3 ranking - I'm sure the followers of the other skaters are crowing about Yuzu's loss of supremacy but you can be sure none of the skaters themselves are doing so.  Yuzu remains the one to beat and they will be preparing with that in mind.  For them the Olympics are a stark example of how well Yuzu kept his act together following the injury and the evidence of how rapidly he got himself into competition-ready form once back on the ice.  They know they will be facing a Yuzu fully restored come this autumn and no amount of the jeers their fans cast in Yuzu's direction will diminish one whit that unless they are ready to skate against a fully operational Yuzuru Hanyu they are doomed (they probably are in any case).

11 分, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

:consoling2: it's ok, the drought is starting to affect us

Ah. But if I have to be honest, the drought doesn't really affect me. I'm actually more active when there's no new material to distract us from discussing him as a person. I become less so when he is everywhere because everyone would be excited and gushing  and my jumping in with my usual spiel would seem awkward (not that it stops me when I really want to put something out there...but I'd be a lot less prone to doing it because no one would be saying anything for me to latch onto).

I did have a long and busy day at work and came home late so that could be more of a factor. >_<

Back on topic, would it be unscientific to assume that his body burns his muscles as well?

29 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Another thought on Yuzu's number 3 ranking - I'm sure the followers of the other skaters are crowing about Yuzu's loss of supremacy but you can be sure none of the skaters themselves are doing so.  Yuzu remains the one to beat and they will be preparing with that in mind.  For them the Olympics are a stark example of how well Yuzu kept his act together following the injury and the evidence of how rapidly he got himself into competition-ready form once back on the ice.  They know they will be facing a Yuzu fully restored come this autumn and no amount of the jeers their fans cast in Yuzu's direction will diminish one whit that unless they are ready to skate against a fully operational Yuzuru Hanyu they are doomed (they probably are in any case).

I honestly don't see how anyone would seriously call it a "loss of supremacy". It's clearly a "was literally absent for half the season" situation. It's not like no one noticed. XD I know there are some delusional people out there (or people who just want to grasp at anything they can get), but I wouldn't cast such a wide net about this. 

3 hours ago, kaerb said:

I...... genuinely think that it's mostly because it's sometimes easier to time your jumps (when you're not doing a run through and just wanting to drill them) to the loud-ass music blaring over the speakers and/or it's just fun to twirl around bc there's a particularly nice phrase of music you're hearing (he did it for Deniss' Sway). he definitely does jumps as a way to establish dominance (see: 3A at GPF15 after Javi, 4Lo at Olys right in front of Nathan's face) but I don't think he's tripping over his own 4T pot hole on beat as some elaborate way of asserting his superior PCS potential lmfao

:rofl: