General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Q&A from open practice at TCC in August 2017

published in Grand Prix Series Official Guidebook Figure Skating 2017-2018 (Asahi Original)

translated by nanoka12 (more at source - link above)

Q: Recently what are the songs you often listen to?

A: Mao Abe’s song Tatakai wa Owaranai, and also songs such as SEKAI NO OWARI’s yume, I’ve been listening to various songs. Wait, there’s a song I want to mention very much. Mrs. GREEN APPLE’s StaRt  is a song I listen to very frequently. 

:13877886:

please stop stealing my songs, Yazunori

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

agreed, I'm only wondering why he weighed himself after eating lol 

Probably to raise the number on the scale and pretend it's muscle even though it's water/food weight? :laughing:

Or could be another reason, spoiler because.

Spoiler

maybe his body routine is breakfast-bathroom so he weights himself after that. I'm not surprised he wouldn't specify that in an interview though, who wants to know Yuzu's bowel's activities? :rofl:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

agreed, I'm only wondering why he weighed himself after eating lol 

OT but I think this is a sign of him being healthy as well since I and many i've talked to who have disordered eating or an eating disorder make it a point to weigh in the morning after having gone to the bathroom (and before consuming anything) just to make sure we get as low a number as possible. Not worrying over stuff like that seems like a normal people thing to do ;-; But what do i know lol

I wouldn't worry much about this particular thing tbh, he seems healthy and if he's not it's really none of our business and probably very personal (although we can still wish for his well being, of course).

30 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Probably to raise the number on the scale and pretend it's muscle even though it's water/food weight? :laughing:

Looking at Yuzu and how he views food, I'm tempted to say he might be one of those people who has an easier time losing rather than gaining weight. So I don't think he's likely to have the same issues that Adam and Gracie mentioned. The boy does drink a lot of juice though....*has flashbacks to ACI juice episodes*

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

Looking at Yuzu and how he views food, I'm tempted to say he might be one of those people who has an easier time losing rather than gaining weight. So I don't think he's likely to have the same issues that Adam and Gracie mentioned. The boy does drink a lot of juice though....*has flashbacks to ACI juice episodes*

There just seems to be something in his DNA that makes him super slim. His body is perfect for figure skating because he is just naturally thin and does not struggle with weight issues. 

4 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

There just seems to be something in his DNA that makes him super slim. His body is perfect for figure skating because he is just naturally thin and does not struggle with weight issues. 

Weight issues are both ways- I know most people think being light and thin is good for skating, but there is a point where not being able to put on enough weight or muscles also create problems. You need to be light enough, but even muscles will create weight, and you need enough muscles/weight to be able to propel yourself up for jumps, control yourself for spins, and certainly cushion yourself for the multiple falls.  It's really an energy efficiency issue. So long as the athelete's team is aware of it and taking care of things, it should be fine. =) I trust Yuzu and his team quite a bit.

*I'm saying this as someone who was told to put on a bit more weight when I did a lot of sports during early high school, because I was too light, and one of my sports was skating. I had to almost double my food intake to gain even 1kg successfully, and keep it on, lol 

13 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

This is a real gift! I'm so envious of those without weight issues ... Me, on the other hand, I feel like I was born on a diet ... always watching twice what I eat ... sigh...

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Kinda OT but my brother is also the type who never gains weight and he's obsessed with juice as well lol. He tends to feel sick easily when eating food so I think juice is easier to stomach? Can't relate because I love food too much :13877886:

6 часов назад, kaeryth сказал:

Yuzu visited an earphone shop in Osaka (not sure when but definitely this year - signs says 2018 :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

Why I'm not surprised? Like at all xDDD

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I love R&J v1 - his FS at the 2012 world's was the first performance of his that I watched. I remember thinking to myself "Wow who is this kid (I mean really? He was a kid back then)? The beautiful jumps, the passion that was on display was incredible" At the time I wasn't really following FS beyond just watching a few WC performances but I remembered him when we were watching the Sochi games. Of course we were cheering for PChan at the time - I am Canadian! :P But seeing his PW SP - I was amazed by him. Then of course he won the whole damn thing and just the way that PChan handled the pressure of someone chasing him and faltered but how petty he was about the whole thing just kind of turned me off so I switched allegiance to Yuzu... whew that was I wrong speil. I only wanted to really just write the first sentence ha ha 

7 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Yuzu visited an earphone shop in Osaka (not sure when but definitely this year - signs says 2018 :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

My immediate thought: Self-care, good for him!! Heartwarming to imagine him taking a break from the post-Olympics craziness and just geeking out over new earphones, even if only for a minute. Whatever makes you happy, dear boy...

On the weighing, I figured he didn't have a scale in his bedroom but in a shared area (bath or kitchen) so it was more convenient that way.

I wanted to know what cereal he ate! Probably something pretty boring ("healthy") though.