General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Fay said:

They couldn’t have improved this even if they tried hard. If it hadn’t been about Yuzu, I wouldn’t have grumbled. 

The gem can be found here

http://web.archive.org/web/20140330011408/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3220064-team-figure-skating-wait-thats-new/page-2

1 hour ago, Gaby said:

Lol  saw  it . This is  real  :))  Indeed  there  is  no way  for  further   imrovement  :goe: 

please explain :)))

Zagitova has announced her next season's SP as POTO. (Kind of a cursed song for the Ladies OGM after the Olympic season because of Hanyu, imo.)

Anyway, so anyone who didn't originally mind POTO 2.0, what d'you think? Mura and Kanoko announcing theirs earlier in 2015 didn't stop Hanyu though.

Edit: I'm actually among the few that didn't mind POTO 2.0 because I think he'd do it better now (although I'd still prefer more Japanese music) but now I'm like, uh, no.

54 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Zagitova has announced her next season's SP as POTO. (Kind of a cursed song for the Ladies OGM after the Olympic season because of Hanyu, imo.)

Anyway, so anyone who didn't originally mind POTO 2.0, what d'you think? Mura and Kanoko announcing theirs earlier in 2015 didn't stop Hanyu though.

Edit: I'm actually among the few that didn't mind POTO 2.0 because I think he'd do it better now (although I'd still prefer more Japanese music) but now I'm like, uh, no.

I get the sense that Yuzu is more interested in putting out original performances at this point in his career. He did POTO even though everyone around him advised against it, so I think it's a matter of whether he feels satisfied with his first rendition. And I think POTO was just one of those things that hes always wanted to do at least once, like the 4A. I just get the vibe that he's looking forward now: new jumps and new programs. 

53 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I dont think hed do POTO again, not straight after olympics anyway. hes too superstitious 

When I saw this I was like "Hiiiii, Phantom! How have you beeen?" 

I don't mind seeing him again in shows and EXs but I think Yuzu has already performed POTO perfectly in GPF2014 and WTT2015 even though there were mistakes. I don't think he will revisit it in future competitions.

I loved Phantom, but I'm like a child at Christmas, I want something new and shiny and surprising.  I want to know (and see) what he was thinking of when he expressed the desire to try different kinds of music.  He's in a very small category of skaters that I won't mind if he picks a warhorse because he will bring a new perspective to it, but I'd prefer it to be one he hadn't tackled before.

4 часа назад, Gaby сказал:

OMG   This  knocked me  dead  LOLOLOLOL,  it's not just  like  swearing ,  it's  such an exquisite    word  play  derived  from  a very  very bad  Russian word :))

I'm Russian myself so I was a little shocked tbh xD

24 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Q&A from open practice at TCC in August 2017

published in Grand Prix Series Official Guidebook Figure Skating 2017-2018 (Asahi Original)

translated by nanoka12 (more at source - link above)

Q: What is the first thing you do after getting up?

A: I have breakfast. After which I step on the weighing scale.

:disdain:

I'm sure I'm taking this a little too seriously, but with talk about health and girls and Adam Rippon, is it healthy for an athlete to weigh themself after a meal, even just breakfast?

I know Yuzu cares about his weight and his food intake even if he says otherwise, he's too smart to think absolutely nothing of it, but I didn't know it was to this extent. In way I underestimated how figure skating affects Yuzu beyond all the stuff about music, costumes, his jumps and the usual stuff. 

7 hours ago, sweetwater said:

He said he has been thinking about this because he was told in advance to nickname them here. He wanted to make their nicknames sound kinda similar, so he chose the names which would be transcribed with "ー" in the end, such as こー, のー, なー, みー, きー.

When they were on the bus he was calling Kodaira-san "Cap", "Shusho (主将 = captain)", or "Nushi (主= master, owner)" because she was the captain of Team Japan during the Olympics, but he thought it would not be appropriate to call her with such names in daily life, so tried to find a name which would be easier to say.

Thank you for sharing this!:thanks: Sounds like they've got closer to each other attending Olympic-related events together :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

ありがとうございます! :thanks:  Now I can piece the whole thing together in my head. I actually thought he was talking about camping and insects when he was referring to Kodaira-san as the captain (???), but I knew that couldn't be the case :laughing::13877886: I need to improve my listening skills. :biggrin:

On 4/30/2018 at 9:49 AM, BWOZWaltz said:

Hanyu sensei!! Don't call yourself 'ossan'! You will never become  'ossan'... maybe 'ojisama'? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Why not just Yuzu-Sama. I remember someone called him that (scratches head, trying to remember name) and I thought it was cool.