General Yuzuru Chat

13 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I wish I could! But to add the 12th WR, I'd have to delete the video and make and post a new one..

Not to jinx anything but I thought it may be better to wait and see if he breaks some (even) more records so I could make a second part, starting with his ACI SP 2017 :peek:

Especially if the scoring system changes significantly next season, I can see a lot of potential for new record scores

ETA: I've also been thinking of making another video about the records he's broken which are not related to scores, like the first 4Loop and hopefully Nessie, first to land 3 quads in second half, consecutive GPF wins, first back-to-back OGMs in 66yrs...

Gosh thank you soo much. I am really excited about your plans.

Also maybe an interview compilation of the big names in figure skating calling him the best like from Eurosport and NBC and Phillip Hersh etc would be nice someday ♥♥ Thank you ~~ 

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Exactly! I think a lot of people share the same thought, including Massimiliano Ambesi. All those perfect jumps and elements and not one GOE of +3.0! I may be biased, but I agree with Max that Yuzu should have received 10.0 across the board for Program Components.

I wonder if judges screwed him over because of the skate order.  If they knew that it was between him and a fellow Japanese they wouldn't have felt a need to lowball him to help their skater

I think it's interesting that the judges are so much more generous with their GOE's this year.  I wonder if this went under review at the meeting

50 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I wonder if judges screwed him over because of the skate order.  If they knew that it was between him and a fellow Japanese they wouldn't have felt a need to lowball him to help their skater

I think it's interesting that the judges are so much more generous with their GOE's this year.  I wonder if this went under review at the meeting

I don't have much hope for the judges.

:3:

Ohhhh.... awwwww baby....... :consoling2:

Makes me want to comfort him and give him everything in the world. 

Seeing his tears, him holding back his tears, makes my heart squeeze in the most painful of way.... 

Joining this forum, the atmosphere reminds me of an old Yuzu forum that used to exist about 4 years ago. It was kinder than the bigger established fs forum, and I remember some dedicated fans who would upload dozens of high quality pictures - everything they could get their hands on - whenever an ice show or competition happened. I spent my first off-season going through the old competition threads, collecting pictures from the 2012-13 season, and the 2013-14 season, and learning all sorts of tidbits (I remember there was a doctor who worked with young athletes and explained to us the type of inhaler and medication Yuzuru would probably be using). The forum went under when the hosting site changed domains and servers - I was pretty sad that all the conversations and links were lost, but at that point I had caught up on all 656 pages in the Yuzu specific thread (it used to be so small!) of the other forum, and it then became my chatting grounds for the next few years. 

At any rate, with the mess the big forum ultimately underwent, I was tired of the forum cycle where flames would erupt and then simmer, erupt and then simmer.... so I knew this Planet was made but decided to take a step back and stick with a small group of figure skating fans that I made a couple of seasons ago.

I'm so glad that I finally gave this place a look, and have been able to "listen in" on conversations. I'm glad that we have such amazing fans who keep up with the most recent news and create new threads to keep up with events. I'm amazed at the dedication it took to find links and create an archive of performances, interviews, and documentaries. While I know forums are inherently going to have their ups-and-downs due to conflicting views and the sheer number of people, it's still wonderful to see new and old fans together in one place again.

Happy Birthday, Planet Hanyu! I hope the years to come will be just as fruitful, fun, and kind.

:10815002:

I was part of that first Yuzu forum! I was so sad when it disappeared ... the ppl there were always so nice ... a big difference next to GS ... I was part of GS forum, too (I still am but I don't go there anymore) and some ppl were ... how can I put it ... offensive to say the least and that's why I was hanging more in the Yuzu fan fest thread....and then the planet emerged ... blessed day! <3Thank you, admins , mods and fellow satellites, for everything! :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

14 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Wow we are currently at 3268 members! Wonder why we are growing so rapidly after CIONTU ice show haha

It's both, Olympics and the ice shows. :snpeace:  Yuzu is a magnet.

Edit: many people didn't get to watch the Olympics on TV and are still requesting and looking for ways to watch so more people watch Olympics, more people want to know the story of the two consecutive times Olympic Champion. The live figure skating legend.

52 minutes ago, nagini said:

It's both, Olympics and the ice shows. :snpeace:  Yuzu is a magnet.

Edit: many people didn't get to watch the Olympics on TV and are still requesting and looking for ways to watch so more people watch Olympics, more people want to know the story of the two consecutive times Olympic Champion. The live figure skating legend.

I guess when Next Season starts we will have a new wave of new fans. The media hype around the 2 time Olympic champion entering Grand Prixs and winning again (hopefully) will have universal publicity. If he lands 4A that is international sports news too!! So I am getting ready for this Planet to get even bigger 😄

Yuzu doesn't need social media to promote himself to the public. The media does it for him hahaha

Although I always wonder if Yuzu will make instagram after he retires lol

6 hours ago, lazuliblade said:

Joining this forum, the atmosphere reminds me of an old Yuzu forum that used to exist about 4 years ago. It was kinder than GS and I remember some dedicated fans who would upload dozens of high quality pictures - everything they could get their hands on - whenever an ice show or competition happened. I spent my first off-season going through the old competition threads, collecting pictures from the 2012-13 season, and the 2013-14 season, and learning all sorts of tidbits (I remember there was a doctor who worked with young athletes and explained to us the type of inhaler and medication Yuzuru would probably be using). The forum went under when the hosting site changed domains and servers - I was pretty sad that all the conversations and links were lost

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I was part of that first Yuzu forum! I was so sad when it disappeared ... the ppl there were always so nice ...

Oooh, do you guys remember what it was called? I'd be curious to check it out, and it might still be available at the Wayback Machine, some sites are preserved that way even after they officially disappear... For example, I was very sad when TWOP went under, but it turned out pretty much all of it had been preserved here. You'll even find 34 pages of Sochi chat here!