General Yuzuru Chat

Happy birthday to the Planet! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

Exactly 1 year ago, I also made and posted this video. I initially compiled these clips because watching them again and again by myself made me really happy, but I never thought so many people would feel the same and it'd surpass half a million views (and that Mr. Hanyu would break a new WR 5 months after!) :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

9 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Exactly 1 year ago, I also made and posted this video. I initially compiled these clips because watching them again and again by myself made me really happy, but I never thought so many people would feel the same and it'd surpass half a million views (and that Mr. Hanyu would break a new WR 5 months after!) :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Can you please update the video with his new world record please? He broke 12 world records now hahaha. I know you know but still hahaba 

I love ur vid by the way. Thanks!!♥♥

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY TO OUR FRIENDLY PLANET!!!

Yay! I finally caught up with this thread in time to celebrate our first anniversary!

You would never guess by the number of posts, but I have been a satellite since May 1, 2017.

The reason I was so behind in the thread is because I have been in the hospital for intravenous treatment of a blood infection since April 20. This is the third hospitalization since December 1 of last year. My IV treatment is scheduled for two weeks and will end on May 5. This is a good thing since I was afraid that I had a bone infection in which case I would require months of IV treatment. I've had a bone infection before and that required five months of IV treatment.

Fortunately, there is Wi-Fi in the hospital and I have been able to use my laptop to watch YouTube and Dailymotion videos of Yuzu's Sendai Parade, his attendance at the Emperor's garden party and to catch up on the thread since a couple of days ago. I am a very positive person so the many challenges I have had in my life do not depress me, but it is cheering to see Yuzu's smiling face! The days definitely go by much quicker when I am on my laptop, especially watching and reading Yuzu related videos and news.

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

sorry to interrupt, but there's an important poll happening 

choose your answers wisely 

I'm definitely not trying to sabotage you under this spoiler :pouty:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20180429_134925.jpg

IMG_uzq2nb.jpg

IMG_20180429_135444.jpg

lol. I've been looking around and been thinking for the past week that we have costume threads, music threads, program threads.  We're missing the last REALLY important thread - the hair thread!  LGC hair is my  favorite but one of my favorite pictures of him is from H&L - he looks so angelic.

51 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

This is one of my favorite videos!  Wish I knew how to do this stuff.  I like how by the 3rd time he broke the short program record, he wasn't even surprised anymore.  It's like after that he started reaching for the records. 

Don't think he should have been surprised when he beat the free skate record in 2017 - the bigger surprise was that he only beat it by 4 points - a whole extra quad done perfectly and that's all he got?

hace 51 minutos , cinemacoconut said:

Can you please update the video with his new world record please? He broke 12 world records now hahaha. I know you know but still hahaba 

I love ur vid by the way. Thanks!!♥♥

I wish I could! But to add the 12th WR, I'd have to delete the video and make and post a new one..

Not to jinx anything but I thought it may be better to wait and see if he breaks some (even) more records so I could make a second part, starting with his ACI SP 2017 :peek:

Especially if the scoring system changes significantly next season, I can see a lot of potential for new record scores

ETA: I've also been thinking of making another video about the records he's broken which are not related to scores, like the first 4Loop and hopefully Nessie, first to land 3 quads in second half, consecutive GPF wins, first back-to-back OGMs in 66yrs...

10 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Yuzu ranked first in a poll for 'Atheletes you like' followed by Kei Nishikori

5 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY TO OUR FRIENDLY PLANET!!!

Yay! I finally caught up with this thread in time to celebrate our first anniversary!

You would never guess by the number of posts, but I have been a satellite since May 1, 2017.

The reason I was so behind in the thread is because I have been in the hospital for intravenous treatment of a blood infection since April 20. This is the third hospitalization since December 1 of last year. My IV treatment is scheduled for two weeks and will end on May 5. This is a good thing since I was afraid that I had a bone infection in which case I would require months of IV treatment. I've had a bone infection before and that required five months of IV treatment.

Fortunately, there is Wi-Fi in the hospital and I have been able to use my laptop to watch YouTube and Dailymotion videos of Yuzu's Sendai Parade, his attendance at the Emperor's garden party and to catch up on the thread since a couple of days ago. I am a very positive person so the many challenges I have had in my life do not depress me, but it is cheering to see Yuzu's smiling face! The days definitely go by much quicker when I am on my laptop, especially watching and reading Yuzu related videos and news.

So sorry to hear about your illness! What a terrible thing to go through. Hope you get better soon. I'm sure Yuzu would be over the moon to see how he has helped people through tough times. Fortunately, this off season will be full of Yuzu content. We're all wishing you a speedy recovery! 

26 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Don't think he should have been surprised when he beat the free skate record in 2017 - the bigger surprise was that he only beat it by 4 points - a whole extra quad done perfectly and that's all he got?

well that's what happens when your record breaking programme is criminally underscored..... :slinkaway:

20 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Especially if the scoring system changes significantly next season, I can see a lot of potential for new record scores

The long program score is going to be pretty tough with lower base values and 1 less jumping pass but I'm hoping Yuzuru skates his short program clean at an early event so he can continue the short program record streak.  I pretty much expect him to break that record with GOE going to +5.  If the rules end up following speculation, the other guys are going to have to improve to deserve better than +2 for their GOE's while I can see Yuzuru getting +5.  I imagine the judges are probably going to be pretty stingy with those 5's though.

10 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Yuzu ranked first in a poll for 'Atheletes you like' followed by Kei Nishikori

I was wondering if he would pass Nishikori.  Always thought it was weird that Nishikori was the most popular athlete in Japan when he hasn't achieved much and is looking like he won't win any majors.