General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Mae Berenice Maite a fan of Yuzu ? :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Well, perhaps she is, but in this case it's just a french book about figure skaters going to pyeongchang that happens to have Yuzu on its cover (which is a veeery good choice, I think we all agree on that :) ). She even probably has a few shots of herself inside.

(I considered buying this book but never went for it... yet)

1 час назад, yuzuonice сказал:

Can I just say, Plushenko didn't answer TWO of the three questions he was asked directly. Not the one about how he handled the bashing during Plushenko vs Yagudin drama, nor the one about who was his hero as he started skating. Instead he focused on Yuzu and gushed about him, thus making him forget what was the question in the first place, probably :P 

Yuzu in the end: "he said what I wanted to hear the most" :laughing:

Maybe Yuzu has him as a role model in that aspect as well, when it comes to dodging the questions :rofl:

But Yuzuru asked who is his hero NOW - at least it was how translator translated this question - I can hear it in Russian. I made translation from Russian in English and sorry for brag but I'll post it once again:

My translation from Russian interview with Plu on CWW. Yuzu such a fanboy and Plu just showered him with compliments xDD. And Yuzu was so satisfied xD. Sooo, SO cute!

Yuzuru: For what you love FS?
Plu: Konichiwwa minnasan (Hello to everybody in Japanese). Firstly I'm very happy to be now in Japan. And performing, in my opinion, in the best show that was made by Yuzuru-san.
You already conduct and feel (yourself) not like 2 times Olympic Champion but already as a producer of your own show. And I want to congratulate you on that. And what involves me, what is FS for me? It's first of all – my life.
I'm skating, performing, doing, living by FS already 31 years. So I'm very happy, that I have so big honour to perform together with you, know you, be friends with you, and I want, for sure, wish you all the best and that you'll remain the same: right (good), kind, decent and gift happiness to your nation, your people, fans of FS and, in general, all the world because you did, undoubtedly, stunning career. You're for me, my hero.
Yuzuru: Thank you (in Russian). Arigato Godzaimas (Thank you in Japanese).
Yuzuru (I heard clearly only last part of what translator was translating, but I think from my bits of Japanese I grabbed first part quite correctly):
"The skater that I really liked soon after I started skating, is now right next to me, and so I would like to ask, who is the person that Plushenko-san admires/looks up to? Is it ok to ask this question?" (thanks to Angelica Yz for translating Yuzu's question) (While translator was translating this question Yuzu was dying bcs of embarrassment xD)
Plu: It'll be not fair and wrong, I think that, I know that - for all world of FS, in general, you're number one, including me. When we watched the last Olympics, which you won, literally two months ago, my spouse was crying. Crying because of happiness. There, so everybody knows that you're the best in the FS world. And I congratulate you on that but this is a very heavy burden. But I think that you 100% can handle it.
Yuzuru: Arigato Godzaimas. Hai. Arigato Godzaimas. (He is SO happy :))
Yuzuru: Questions will continue some more. Question abt competition with Alexei Yagudin. In Russia, Alexei Yagudin and Plushenko were competing for a long time. At Salt Lake City, you didn't win him but after that, you won the gold at Torino. At that time, I think you must have received a lot of bashing, not only in Russia but from all over the world, people said all kinds of things. How did you face skating at that time? How did you get the strength to go on? (thanks to Angelica Yz for translating Yuzu's question) (Yuzu really have some BIG guts xD)
Plu: Well I've already said that FS for me is my life. So, you know, I think for you it's the same. Second place is a losing. So we must only fight for the first place. I always tried to be number one. Occupy only the highest step of the pedestal. But you know, when you love your work, when you love to skate, when you love to learn, create, making new programs, gift the happiness to the fans, then it's not a burden but, on the contrary, a pleasure. So I always loved to compete, I always loved that sports atmosphere, adrenalin, fighting, marks from judges, so I think that I'm missing this time. But this is a life, I already become… We all become not younger but older, more mature, so we will watching on you, how you further will be fighting. And, I think, you'll must, for sure, to do 4,5A and win one more Olympics. (In Russia in Plu times we called 3A like 3,5A bcs it have 0.5 rotation more but now all world and we just called it 3A.)
Yuzu thanks Plu for an interview.

1 minute ago, Lilona said:

But Yuzuru asked who is his hero NOW - at least it was how translator translated this question - I can hear it in Russian. I made translation from Russian in English and sorry to brag but I'll post it once again:

My translation from Russian interview with Plu on CWW. Yuzu such a fanboy and Plu just showered him with compliments xDD. And Yuzu was so satisfied xD. Sooo, SO cute!

Yuzuru: For what you love FS?
Plu: Konichiwwa minnasan (Hello to everybody in Japanese). Firstly I'm very happy to be now in Japan. And performing, in my opinion, in the best show that was made by Yuzuru-san.
You already conduct and feel (yourself) not like 2 times Olympic Champion but already as a producer of your own show. And I want to congratulate you on that. And what involves me, what is FS for me? It's first of all – my life.
I'm skating, performing, doing, living by FS already 31 years. So I'm very happy, that I have so big honour to perform together with you, know you, be friends with you, and I want, for sure, wish you all the best and that you'll remain the same: right (good), kind, decent and gift happiness to your nation, your people, fans of FS and, in general, all the world because you did, undoubtedly, stunning career. You're for me, my hero.
Yuzuru: Thank you (in Russian). Arigato Godzaimas (Thank you in Japanese).
Yuzuru (I heard clearly only last part of what translator was translating, but I think from my bits of Japanese I grabbed first part quite correctly):
"The skater that I really liked soon after I started skating, is now right next to me, and so I would like to ask, who is the person that Plushenko-san admires/looks up to? Is it ok to ask this question?" (thanks to Angelica Yz for translating Yuzu's question) (While translator was translating this question Yuzu was dying bcs of embarrassment xD)
Plu: It'll be not fair and wrong, I think that, I know that - for all world of FS, in general, you're number one, including me. When we watched the last Olympics, which you won, literally two months ago, my spouse was crying. Crying because of happiness. There, so everybody knows that you're the best in the FS world. And I congratulate you on that but this is a very heavy burden. But I think that you 100% can handle it.
Yuzuru: Arigato Godzaimas. Hai. Arigato Godzaimas. (He is SO happy :))
Yuzuru: Questions will continue some more. Question abt competition with Alexei Yagudin. In Russia, Alexei Yagudin and Plushenko were competing for a long time. At Salt Lake City, you didn't win him but after that, you won the gold at Torino. At that time, I think you must have received a lot of bashing, not only in Russia but from all over the world, people said all kinds of things. How did you face skating at that time? How did you get the strength to go on? (thanks to Angelica Yz for translating Yuzu's question) (Yuzu really have some BIG guts xD)
Plu: Well I've already said that FS for me is my life. So, you know, I think for you it's the same. Second place is a losing. So we must only fight for the first place. I always tried to be number one. Occupy only the highest step of the pedestal. But you know, when you love your work, when you love to skate, when you love to learn, create, making new programs, gift the happiness to the fans, then it's not a burden but, on the contrary, a pleasure. So I always loved to compete, I always loved that sports atmosphere, adrenalin, fighting, marks from judges, so I think that I'm missing this time. But this is a life, I already become… We all become not younger but older, more mature, so we will watching on you, how you further will be fighting. And, I think, you'll must, for sure, to do 4,5A and win one more Olympics. (In Russia in Plu times we called 3A like 3,5A bcs it have 0.5 rotation more but now all world and we just called it 3A.)
Yuzu thanks Plu for an interview.

Oh I see thank you! Somehow the video that was subbed gave me the impression that Yuzu was asking about Plushenko's childhood idols, but seems it wasn't specifically about that!

2 時間前, yuzuoniceさんが言いました:

Can I just say, Plushenko didn't answer TWO of the three questions he was asked directly. Not the one about how he handled the bashing during Plushenko vs Yagudin drama, nor the one about who was his hero as he started skating. Instead he focused on Yuzu and gushed about him, thus making him forget what was the question in the first place, probably :P 

Yuzu in the end: "he said what I wanted to hear the most" :laughing:

Maybe Yuzu has him as a role model in that aspect as well, when it comes to dodging the questions :rofl:

Yuzu in the end: "he said what I wanted to hear the most" 

This is misunderstanding.

Yuzuru didn't say 'he said what...' but

'I am glad I could ask him what I wanted to ask the most'

Yuzuru said only about his question, maybe it was in his mind for long time.

I feel 'ask' is more proper than 'hear'.

12 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I really hope he saw this bike or someone showed him photo edits like these. I'd love to see his face at that moment when he sees it.:headdesk2:

About FaOI I'm both very excited and a bit worried. I hope he won't do the jump battles that much. Imo he should take care of the ankle as knowing him he will practice a lot for the new season. Also there's nessie.

4 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: The cycle begins again!!!

Oh wow, I got a bit hit by feels. I think the FAOI threads were where I delurked last year. And it was all so new and I knew nothing. And the neko meltdown(s). Okay, imma need a minute. 

:kitty: