General Yuzuru Chat

Giving my totally unasked two cents:

Yuzu's Lutzes. I don't have the data with me, but I don't think he necessarily has a problem with this type of jump. Yes, he sometimes messed it up.

But if my memory serves me right, most of them are either on the Lz that are in the 2nd half of the program, or in combo, or coming out of difficult transitions. The oddness of his 3Lz in the latest seasons was due mainly to being the last jumping pass and the 4Lz training.

He used to mess 3S too when it was the last jumping pass back in his younger years. Unless people will also tell me his Salchows are problematic, especially since the quad version gave him so much trouble during Sochi season and the combo of doom did the same in 2016/17 season? In which case, well, that's the point isn't it?

• He messed 3S when he used it as the last jumping passes, I assume due to that being his most comfortable triple then, 
  • upgrade it to 4S, landed it, but took a loooong while to stabilize it.
  • But after that, he got it. Both the quad and the triple version.
  • His -Lo-3S combo is among the best there is, if not THE best.
  • His 4Ss were amazing in PC, and the 4S3T combo was gorgeous; all done while still recovering from the ankle injury in the highest of all stages.

That's the pattern with Yuzu.

His fall on the 4Lz at NHK is traumatic (and the fact that the media always go with the line "He sustained injury to his right ankle while training the most difficult quad, the 4Lz during the NHK November 2017" doesn't help), but it was more "because he kept on training while recovering from a fever (which the media of course conveniently always forgets to mention)", than "because it was a 4Lz".

And so the pattern was interrupted. I wouldn't use that as the basis upon which to predict/conclude whether or not he would land 4Lz in the future.

Not going to touch on 4A or the quints, cz, well. I'll comment on it, when I see it landed.

I can't remember when I last rode a bike... but I know I still can... I think I can still skip double dutch too.... oh geez, things I will have to try this summer, lol!! Last year I proved I can still throw a 3 pointer and do a lay up ( basketball), so this summer I have new things to prove I can still do!!

I wonder exactly when and "how" he learned he cannot ride a bike anymore?? Was this a painful incident:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: ?

Hace 2 horas, icecreamy said:

This is quite a valid question IMO. I remember during one of the interviews he commented that he couldn't do a 3T that well nowadays because he's used to the force and feelings of 4T (or it could be a 2T to 4T, I can't really remember). Anyway the way he explained it was that in order to land well he needs to totally tighten his body yet since less rotation is needed he would let it go "loose" to rotate less, and that presents a problem during landing because body is not tightened enough. That's the reason of some falls in ice shows, where jumps with fewer rotations might present problems, and need to be worked on. 

However I am not that worried about his truly beautiful triple axel, even if it needs to be reconstructed due to quad axel - Yuzu said it, he will nail it and I trust him. In one of the American commentaries/ice talks, I once heard someone bashing that Yuzuru is of course done after OG, because there is no reason for him to stay since he has it all. (AND no pick on me, I don't have any hate nor discontent on this comment, just look at my profile and you will see)  Although I am personally not in favor of such tone of dismissal and judgement, in a way Yuzu paid his dues, he paid it so completely now that he has every reason to experiment and re-engineer all his jumps in whatever way he wants to. 

Ever since he mentioned landing 4A as his next goal in one of post-PC interviews I have had almost no doubts that he will compete again, but I am glad he confirmed it at CWW.  I am very excited about what he will offer now that he is free from the burden of defending his Olympic title. It is not just about the 4A, there was something different in his skating already in the Olympic SP, some new quality, but I don't know how to put it into words. There was confidence that I have never seen in him before. 

I dont know if this is the right place to do it, but i need some feedback..., im drawing yuzu... but on a different costume, one im just putting together, i feel its okey right now, but dont know if i should add something around the waist area.. what do y'all think? :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

wd7neWp.png

Sorry if this has been already posted, some parts are overlapped with other translations but this article has some more words from Yuzuru.

"Now I still have feeling of accomplishment of winning back to back, but after doing ice shows, (I think) I am still lack of something as a competitive skater. I would like to pursuit what I want to master and improve, and I want to be a skater whose skating is liked more."

"I want to do 4A no one has done before, and if I came to be able to do that, I would like to try quintuple jump. No one has done it yet and I think the impact on the foot (feet?) is great. I don't think I can do it easily, but I wish I could land it someday after having many practices."

https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2018/04/26/0011200911.shtml

About the question about Beijing Olympics, I feel Japanese public will keep asking him the same question like a greeting phrase as long as he competes, so I hope he will not take them very seriously (and I will also try not to pay attention to that question :biggrin: )

20 minutes ago, Mineeal said:

I dont know if this is the right place to do it, but i need some feedback..., im drawing yuzu... but on a different costume, one im just putting together, i feel its okey right now, but dont know if i should add something around the waist area.. what do y'all think? :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

wd7neWp.png

I think it's the hips. His are more muscular/thicker!

43 minutes ago, Mineeal said:

wd7neWp.png

I like the way you drew his face  ! Very distinct ! About the costume I would like to see a belt or st to balance out  ! 

You're very talented !