General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Are you sure? I read everywhere abt -1 jump i. e. 8-1=7, +-5 GOE and 4 min free. Also mb minus 10% bonus in second half and a decrease of jumps BV.

I'n not sure, that's why I phrased it 'my understanding is'.  If I were able to quote a reliable source I would have been more emphatic.  I do think, however, that if jump passes were limited to four the expansion of GOEs to five would make sense since it would be possible for skaters to make up for the loss in base value totals with extra GOE points by putting greater emphasis on the quality of the jumps over the quantity.  The rule changes seem to be a means of putting more emphasis on the PCS, trying to restore a balance between TES and PCS, which makes them tailor-made for Yuzu's style of skating.  In some ways the controversy over the TES/PCS imbalance that has arisen because of the runaway quad numbers reminds me of a controversy some decades ago over the introduction of gymnastics-style back-flips into the program.  Whether because of the potential danger to the skater involved, or because they were just simply ugly to watch, or some other reason, they were banned before they had a chance to become a part of the lexicon of moves.  Quads are not ugly in the sense that the back-flips were but their numbers were taking a toll on the artistic part of the programs.  The new rules as I see them, although I repeat I'm not sure of the source(s), do seem to make sense if one takes into account the desire to restore a balance between the athletic and aesthetic facets of skating.

6 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I'n not sure, that's why I phrased it 'my understanding is'.  If I were able to quote a reliable source I would have been more emphatic.  I do think, however, that if jump passes were limited to four the expansion of GOEs to five would make sense since it would be possible for skaters to make up for the loss in base value totals with extra GOE points by putting greater emphasis on the quality of the jumps over the quantity.  The rule changes seem to be a means of putting more emphasis on the PCS, trying to restore a balance between TES and PCS, which makes them tailor-made for Yuzu's style of skating.  In some ways the controversy over the TES/PCS imbalance that has arisen because of the runaway quad numbers reminds me of a controversy some decades ago over the introduction of gymnastics-style back-flips into the program.  Whether because of the potential danger to the skater involved, or because they were just simply ugly to watch, or some other reason, they were banned before they had a chance to become a part of the lexicon of moves.  Quads are not ugly in the sense that the back-flips were but their numbers were taking a toll on the artistic part of the programs.  The new rules as I see them, although I repeat I'm not sure of the source(s), do seem to make sense if one takes into account the desire to restore a balance between the athletic and aesthetic facets of skating.

Are you sure it's not about that new broadmoor open artistic skating thing that's being discussed in other places? As an alternative to the Aerial Challenge.

Mea culpa.  I'm mistaken.  It's a maximum of 7 jump passes with 3 combinations allowed.  Actually I wish it were just 4 jump passes.  It would mean everybody would have to work on improving non-jump elements to make the points lost by not being able to do more jumps.  The reduction to just 4 minutes, though, means that the skaters will have less time to prepare for jumps since the other required elements remain the same.  Yuzu will be helped because his jump setups incorporate moves that are more than simply skating straight-out to get the speed needed for the jump so he's getting PCS points while readying for the jump.  It will be interesting to see the strategies various skaters pursue to adapt to the loss of thirty seconds in the FS.

6 hours ago, Salior said:

How did you order? My white rabbit express has confirmed the order but haven't completed processing yet... 

I used JapanHomeMaker. She was great! It was a bit of a mark up but I didn’t care, I just wanted my merch. :biggrin: 

7 минут назад, yuzupon сказал:

As there are 6 type of jumps, if we want skaters to actually learn all of them, drastically decreasing the number of jumping passes would actually be very restricting, and would make the free skate resembles the short program too much.

Tbh between all of this new propositions and rules, I'm strongly against only this strange rule that Lakernik mentioned in one of his interview-proposition to make one type of quad only ONCE in free program in solo or combination oO.

I'm sure Yuzu is well on his way to planning two masterful programmes. I wouldn't be surprised if he has already at least chosen his music and maybe even started working on choreography. He either already has or will calculate every single jump combination and arrangement possibility that he can fit according to the new rules that maximise his scores, probably producing multiple versions based on how his recovery might turn out. He'll most definitely figure out how to still fit as many transitions as possible and gain his spin levels as well, within the shorter time period. Since he can't do the on ice work, you can be dang sure he's doing the brain work. 

In short, I'm certain that his crazy research and table and calculation oriented brain will find a way to capitalise on these new rules. :winky: